Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 22ple Finitura

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 22ple Finitura

I will say I have been using their coatings for a few years now, and I am a full on believer. I have not yet tested finitura fully. I picked one up a while back but not sure if they changed the formula since then. It was like applying a coating in terms of difficulty. At this time not many people have used or tried it. So i set it aside until someone could figure out application method.

But there newest coating Mistico Elemento Forte... It is on another level. I have used and tested many coating, like most people here. Having a detailing business gives me the chance to see how coatings actually work. From application, to maintenance and longevity. Even a few cases where people go to car washes and get nailed by sprinklers! As much as I would love to keep a good secret, I also feel like telling everyone because of how good it is. Ease of use for anyone. Ive done testing where Ive left it on a panel for 15 mins, then 45 mins. And it wiped off with no issue what so ever. the hydrophobic properties actually last without a topper for the life of the coating, as long as regular washing is done. For a professional its great because some clients don`t actually maintain their coatings, and secondly for the end user if you miss topping it, you have no reason to worry.

22ple is def one of those hidden gems, that do not promote (but should), and have great products. I`ve also talked to Shyan who has spoken to me in length about coatings and the chemistry (i am sure to an extent) behind their products. Other companies just have a rep saying yeah its the best and give you nothing else.

#EndRant lol

happy detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as typical with 22ple, bizarrely easy application, slick as snot and pretty glossy considering the uncorrected paint it was used on.

Just a quick impression, just arrived at work in mail.

Took one of the vans sitting in warehouse, PB Spray & Wiped hood, PB Spray & Wipe w/ Nanoskin Fine clay mitt, panel prep with Gtechniq panel wipe.

Van is a 2006 E250 w/ 161K miles on it. Last January I had compounded/polished the hood and waxed with Collinite 915. About 20k hard miles this pool season since it was compounded and waxed.

Couldn`t do any real work on hood as half the power to our building is down after the storm so no power for compounding/polishing but gave Finitura a try anyway.

Temperature is about 60 degrees, used Gyeon applicator block with microsuede applicator cloth.

Mfg Application Guidance:

1. If coating layer was applied beforehand, allow this layer to cure for 6 - 8 hours.
    2. After coating has cured, apply Finitura nice and thin.
    3. Waiting time is flexible and can be anywhere between 1 - 20 minutes
    4. Product should wipe off clean and easy.
    5. If you have any trouble with removal, just wipe off with a slightly damp, not soaking wet, microfiber towel.

A typical line or 2 down the applicator covered about 25% of the hood, up and down, then back and forth. Finitura hazed almost immediately and is a very, very thin product in terms of consistency. Very easy to tell where it`s been applied although I likely over applied as that is generally `what I do` despite my best efforts to do otherwise. Towards end of each section, when more product likely needed to be applied to applicator the applied sections got somewhat sticky when going back over them. Once the whole panel was done, though, it was strangely easy to go back over the whole hood one more time with up/down, side to side motions to even it all out. A little does indeed go a long way and I suspect the bottle will last quite a long time.

Buffed off using Autopia Carbon Black Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloth followed by final buff with Rag Company Creature Edgeless. Buffed the first 1/3 of the hood at 7 minutes, the second 1/3 at 15 minutes and the final 1/3 right at 20 minutes. All came off easily with no streaks, leaving a slick and glossy finish, especially considering the underlying surfaces lack of compound/polish. It was a little stickier at the 20 minute mark, and likely 10-15 minutes woulda been the sweet spot at 60 degrees and the 73% humidity the Weather Channel says it is right now. In any event, a very forgiving product at this temperature and humidity. Initial impressions are that it`s pretty neat stuff, albeit somewhat pricey, but easy to use, nice results. Will have to watch longevity and in a few weeks, I`ll run a soft cotton towel across a section of the hood to see if it marks it, if that doesn`t affect it I`ll try a little less soft towel and see what happens. They claim 500% increase in scratch resistance so we`ll see.

We do have a vehicle here I did with 22ple HPC last April, it`s holding up quite nicely and when I get a chance I`ll top a section of that hood (maybe after Sonax Fallout remover application) and see what that brings.

Some pics:

Half the hood buffed, can see the hazing on unbuffed half:
    22ple Finitura-haze.jpg

All buffed off:
    22ple Finitura-fini1.jpg

22ple Finitura-fini2.jpg

22ple Finitura-fini3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Diner, MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, great review....`slick as snot`. LOL

Did the manufacturer state durability expectations?

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a great review. I think that’s the way to go. Apply it like a coating. I did a silver car this weekend with it but wiped it off after about 2 minutes. I’m gonna try again this weekend and let it sit about 5 minutes. I can’t wait to see some beading shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Beading shots Budget!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Thank you, great review....`slick as snot`. LOL

Did the manufacturer state durability expectations?
    It really is incredibly slick, slicker than anything else I`ve used. Guess we`ll see how long it lasts. I didn`t really see and longevity claims from anyone but am thinking 6 months for some reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmike40nj View Post
    That’s a great review. I think that’s the way to go. Apply it like a coating. I did a silver car this weekend with it but wiped it off after about 2 minutes. I’m gonna try again this weekend and let it sit about 5 minutes. I can’t wait to see some beading shots.
    I think maybe a microfiber applicator/applicator cloth would be smoother.

Although sometimes what I think turns out out to be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Beading shots Budget!
    As slick as it is, don`t thing beads will be on there long. Gonna toss some water at it after 24hrs.
    Likes Bigmike40nj, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Little sad the beads didn`t slide right off...
    22ple Finitura-fin_rain.jpg

Finitura Rain
    https://youtu.be/CgcgxmiM1GI

Finitura Sheet
    https://youtu.be/A3SWU2egPKA

Vids kinda suck cuz hose wouldn`t quite get there and it`s a bit chilly outside and I wanted to get it done before anyone saw and wondered what the heck I was doing...again.

Sheets nicely, though.

FWIW, before tossing water on it i buffed it a bit aggressively with my heavy cotton shirt sleeve (hey, it was handy) and it didn`t leave any marks I could see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks glfnaz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Little sad the beads didn`t slide right off...
    22ple Finitura-fin_rain.jpg

Finitura Rain
    https://youtu.be/CgcgxmiM1GI

Finitura Sheet
    https://youtu.be/A3SWU2egPKA

Vids kinda suck cuz hose wouldn`t quite get there and it`s a bit chilly outside and I wanted to get it done before anyone saw and wondered what the heck I was doing...again.

Sheets nicely, though.

FWIW, before tossing water on it i buffed it a bit aggressively with my heavy cotton shirt sleeve (hey, it was handy) and it didn`t leave any marks I could see.
    So where do you rank this as far as toppers that you have used so far?

Post Thanks / Like

Excluding longevity

Post Thanks / Like

So where do you rank this as far as toppers that you have used so far?
    Kinda early to tell and haven`t seen it on coated car yet but initial impressions are that it`s right up their with the vaunted Kamikaze Overcoat, but for different reasons.

Finitura is glossier and feels more `substantial` (and slicker) than Overcoat but doesn`t have quite the crazy water behavior of Overcoat. It (Finitura) sheets well, but not quite as well and the beads are larger, yet don`t quite run off of their own accord as quickly.

Finitura will possibly win in durability but it`s kinda in a separate class of product than other boosters. It`s probably more in line with Gyeon CanCoat than it is with things like Cure, VS1 Final Coat, c2v3 and Reload.

I dunno, maybe Gyeon Booster or the new CarPro GLISS is a better comparison but again, it feels more substantial than Booster and I haven`t tried GLISS.

The mfg claim of 500% more scratch resistant than just a coating alone is what would make this appealing...also the high gloss and actual feel of the surface.

It`s ability (hopefully) to last and keep it`s positive attributes for at least 6 months would make it CanCoat-ish and it`s ability to reinforce and likely spruce up coatings would make it Booster-ish.

In any event, I`m gonna do the company owners` metallic red Explorer next week with 22ple HPC and then top it with Finitura; although perhaps `testing` something on the car of the guy who signs my paycheck might not be the best idea...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think it may be the best scenario to test the toughness of Finitura; he likes his car clean but is not an Autopian by any stretch. It will likely see some bucket washes but also some touchless tunnels, albeit soap and rinse only.

I also wanna see how glossy Finitura can be on top of the already high gloss 22ple HPC; the paint is such a nice metallic red, kinda like Mazda Soul Red which is just amazing.

Regardless of being called a topper or an actual LSP, if initial indications hold it`s gonna be a really handy thing to have around methinks. And given my past experiences with 22ple, somehow I believe the product is gonna be a winner. They seem to be such a quirky, enigmatic enterprise, kinda near the edges of the mainstream but the stuff of theirs I`ve used had a personality and characteristics unlike most other products. And the results always speak for themselves...great results and fun to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i can post my thoughts as well as you did on here. i did a silver car and it rained the next day. The beading Video he sent me i was not impressed. Im gonna try their activate also when i run out of essence. One thing about that is that it says it can correct and fill, but also be used to repair a coating. Sorry to sway off topic. I have a black audi that im gonna use essence on this weekend and top it with finitura. Once i figure out how to post pics i will.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i can post my thoughts as well as you did on here.
    It`s just the little voices in my head escaping thru a keyboard. They get kinda tired of talking to themselves sometimes.

I did a silver car and it rained the next day. The beading Video he sent me i was not impressed. Im gonna try their activate also when i run out of essence. One thing about that is that it says it can correct and fill, but also be used to repair a coating. Sorry to sway off topic. I have a black audi that im gonna use essence on this weekend and top it with finitura. Once i figure out how to post pics i will.
    When I read the description of Activate I thought "Hmm...sounds like Essence and Essence Plus rolled into one."

Ya gonna treat Activate like a polish? Seems to be a lack of definitive instructions. Pondered giving it a try but gotta draw the line somewhere...haven`t used an Essence like product before and the Activate is a pricey way to start.

Will be interesting to see Finitura on a flat roof with water on it. I don`t think it`s necessarily gonna be a big header like some like. I`m not such a fan of big beads as sometimes they dry in the sun and leave a trace. Smaller beads just kinda seem to evaporate...

Post Thanks / Like

I got an email back from 22 PLE about durability. They said `2-6 months depending on environment and wash routine`.
    Say what?
    Thats a huge variance.
    I have Can Coat, 22ple VS1, and Cure. Not sure I need another, but the company`s products are pretty good. Not sure the company`s `mystery shroud` is good or bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I messaged the vendor and at first he said it’s a spray in wipe off topper. Then I informed him it’s a twist top without a sprayer. Then he said to apply it and play around with dwell times.
    I got an email back from 22 PLE about durability. They said `2-6 months depending on environment and wash routine`.
    Say what?
    Thats a huge variance.
    Uh, this does not inspire confidence. At a certain point `enigmatic` and `shrouded in mystery` becomes inconvenient and confusing.

Figure 3 months `real` durability and that puts this into a whole `nuther category, right in there with Overcoat, C2V3, Final Coat, Cure and Reload...with a more time consuming application process, a step below CanCoat as an LSP-only choice. Might have to stick a spray top in the bottle and see if it can indeed be applied easily as a spray into towel and spread/buff proposition...although the need to let it flash makes it a more involved deal.

I guess for a mildly Autopian hobbyist an application every 3 months wouldn`t be a big deal, a quick wax/sealant like application to reap the benefits.

Aside from a more `involved` coating topper or limited longevity sealant, kinda in a quandary as to where this product fits now that longevity is essentially likely half of CanCoat...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information