Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone had to polish the outside and inside of a windshield?

Huh, shows how YMMV always applies! I`ve tried most every DIY window mix you can think of, always with decidedly mediocre results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, shows how YMMV always applies! I`ve tried most every DIY window mix you can think of, always with decidedly mediocre results.

I agree, I`ve never found a glass cleaner that I liked. I gave away my bottle of 3D Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Meguiars Glass cleaner concentrate, stoner`s invisible glass, and sprayway glass cleaner to a kid starting a detailing business in my hometown.

Uber Rinseless wash diluted at 3oz per gallon in a spray bottle and a white TRC 245gsm edgeless microfiber terry towel. It`s so slick that my towel glides effortlessly even on customer windows with dog slobber and greasy finger marks. The 245gsm edgeless never lints, but because they are so cheap after about 15 washes I just demote them to interior cleaning towels.

Accumulator, most of the other wolfgang and blackfire products are overpriced and there are much cheaper products that can provide as good of results for half the price and I also think IUDJ works really well but Wolfgang Uber is in a completely different league and an excellent value when used only as a waterless wash/detail spray/glass cleaner. I don`t know for sure that you haven`t already tried it, but considering you`re the only person I know that is still successfully using car care products that were made before I was even alive...it`s just a guess.ha

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- Heh heh, yeah I *AM* still using stuff that`s older than many Autopians!

Never tried anything from Wolfgang though, and wasn`t impressed with BF stuff overall.

You got my attention with that WG Uber! Better than IUDJ huh? How does the cost compare if you mix it to ~QD strength? In what way does it trump IUDJ?

I still can`t get any Rinseless Washes to work OK on glass (and yeah I mix with DI/distilled water for that).

What didn`t you like about the 3D 50:1? I`m not 100% happy with whatever it leaves behind.

My best Glass Cleaner is still Zep40, but I utterly hate the aerosol delivery system due to overspray/control issues.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion IUDJ smells the best and is very versatile. Reminds me of a better smelling and a little more concentrated Meg`s D115. Both are clearly leaving some protection behind and both work really well on glass. Compared to Uber, IUDJ takes a little bit extra buffing with a seperate dry microfiber towel to make sure streaks or smears aren`t left behind on the glass. They are both equally slick, but Uber is better at cleaning IMO and nearly impossible to streak. Uber doesn`t leave anything behind on the paint other than a slick clean surface which is why I prefer it on interior glass. They are both fantastic but Uber is incredibly slick for not leaving any protection behind. Plus it`s a better value!

I use price per gallon with no additional sales/promos accounted for.

IUDJ
    Dilution Ratio: 51:1

Sales Price Per Gallon: $150
    Product`s Usage: 2.5(oz./gal.)
    RTU Gallons Produced: 52 gal.
    RTU Quarts Produced: 208 qts.
    End Use Cost Per Gallon: $ 2.88/gal.
    End Use Cost Per Quart: $ 0.72/qt.

Wolfgang Uber
    Dilution Ratio: 42:1
    Sales Price Per Gallon: $80
    Product`s Usage: 3(oz./gal.)
    RTU Gallons Produced: 43 gal.
    RTU Quarts Produced: 172 qts.
    End Use Cost Per Gallon: $ 1.86/gal.
    End Use Cost Per Quart: $ 0.47/qt.

Post Thanks / Like

At the high school I work at I clean the pool area, the office glass gets stained from the water splash in it. I used Pro Polish 2 on it and cleaned it right up.. Great stuff
    Likes Poorboy, ernman liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ernman View Post
    The windows on my wife`s Odyssey wouldn`t come clean. No matter which window cleaning product I tried, I couldn`t get rid of the haze on the inside and outside of the glass. So I got out my bottle of poorboys pro polish and applied it to the inside and outside of the window, I was pleasantly surprised to find the glass looking better than ever.
    recently had to do this on my mom`s car ... it is the only time you should spread the Pro Polish and let it dry (prevents smears) ..once dry the glass will be easy to wipe off and be as good as new ... this should be done by Pro detailers who really want to impress their clinets .. (cost about $1)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If you must trying something a bit abrasive, I would suggest Poorboy`s Pro Polish 2 (combination of abrasives/chemical) for glass as a start. I would just do a test spot and covering the dash during the processs. Ceriglass would be too messy on the interior.
    definitely great for hard water spots on windows and paint

Quote Originally Posted by jtford95 View Post
    At the high school I work at I clean the pool area, the office glass gets stained from the water splash in it. I used Pro Polish 2 on it and cleaned it right up.. Great stuff
    very nice .. hope they appreciate you
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes ernman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- Thanks for the great explanation! Even though.... it did actually convince me that IUDJ is the better choice for Yours Truly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    LashingStanley- Thanks for the great explanation! Even though.... it did actually convince me that IUDJ is the better choice for Yours Truly
    haha, at least I tried. You know what they say...."you can`t teach an old Accumulator new tricks"
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    . You know what they say...."you can`t teach an old Accumulator new tricks"
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    .. You know what they say...."you can`t teach an old Accumulator new tricks"
    Heh heh...but then I did learn a new trick with the IUDJ

I`ve come to really value whatever the IUDJ leaves behind. If I wanted a "barer" surface (and I can imagine that) I`d lean towards the Uber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information