Post Thanks / Like

Tac System Moonlight?

Anyone with experience? Seems to be very similar to reload but much more Si02....Reload on steroids? 5% versus 20%
    Only info online I`ve found is from the UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tac System Moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by bamaguy727 View Post
    Anyone with experience? Seems to be very similar to reload but much more Si02....Reload on steroids? 5% versus 20%
    Only info online I`ve found is from the UK.
    Moonlight by tac systems and Can Coat by Gyeon

Tried it, gave it away. Nice looks, easy application, great initial water behavior. In the end, though, water spotting and poor self cleaning made it a poor choice for me.

Others here have tried it with mixed results.
    Thanks bamaguy727 thanked for this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a ton of respect for Budgetplan1`s comments and opinion, but I`ll offer a different experience with Moonlight than what Budget Plan1 had...

Used it this spring as a "booster" to the Uber ceramic coating that had been installed on my wife`s daily driver last fall. Application was easy, really improved the gloss, and have had no issues with water spotting. The self cleaning characteristic of the coating also improved.

My only complaint is I ended up with a few high spots, as I over applied in a couple spots and did not have adequate lighting when I used it. Definitely user error and not the product`s fault though.

I had intended to polish my own daily driver with Essence, then top it with Moonlight for this season`s winter protection - but got bitten by the Polish Angel bug and went with Viking Coat instead.

Have to give TAC Moonlight a thumbs up Tac System Moonlight? though and encourage others to try it out.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks bamaguy727 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Have a ton of respect for Budgetplan1`s comments and opinion, but I`ll offer a different experience with Moonlight than what Budget Plan1 had...

Used it this spring as a "booster" to the Uber ceramic coating that had been installed on my wife`s daily driver last fall. Application was easy, really improved the gloss, and have had no issues with water spotting. The self cleaning characteristic of the coating also improved.

My only complaint is I ended up with a few high spots, as I over applied in a couple spots and did not have adequate lighting when I used it. Definitely user error and not the product`s fault though.

I had intended to polish my own daily driver with Essence, then top it with Moonlight for this season`s winter protection - but got bitten by the Polish Angel bug and went with Viking Coat instead.

Have to give TAC Moonlight a thumbs up Tac System Moonlight? though and encourage others to try it out.
    I have been using reload as Lsp over Essence , I`m getting 2 maybe 3 months durability on a Dd that`s kept outside ...Moonlight advertises 9 months lasting power... if I got 6 months .that`s still double of what I get with RELOAD.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Interesting how varied experiences wirh the same product can be. So many localized things could come into play.

Like the guy says, "Find something you like and use it often." Tac System Moonlight?
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thought this was interesting as i’ve personally seen CanCoat and heard Cquartz lite are done (solidified) after 1-1.5 years.

My CanCoat made it 13 months before turning to jelly.

Don’t want to jinx it but My Tac Systems moonlight is over 2 years old (feb 2019).

No crystals or jelly. Kust throwing it out their for peeps who wanna use a bottle on one or two cars. Problem is you’ll have to pay more to get it from Canada....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Thought this was interesting as i’ve personally seen CanCoat and heard Cquartz lite are done (solidified) after 1-1.5 years.

My CanCoat made it 13 months before turning to jelly.

Don’t want to jinx it but My Tac Systems moonlight is over 2 years old (feb 2019).

No crystals or jelly. Kust throwing it out their for peeps who wanna use a bottle on one or two cars. Problem is you’ll have to pay more to get it from Canada....

How long of the 2 years was it unopened vs opened?

Post Thanks / Like

Surprising as mine went cloudy (still usable, just didn`t look as fresh as the above) after approx 12 months after being opened.

Challenge I had with Cancoat was the cap seizing, but if you don`t keep it moving the contents solidify shortly after a year too - thankfully it`s so versatile that not a month goes by where I don`t pick it up for something.

In comparing Moonlight vs Cancoat, both have advantages and disadvantages. Moonlight has more of a visual jetting effect on the paint, where Cancoat is more about that Candy gloss and saturation. Cancoat is more hydrophobic, Moonlight is slicker.

I prefer Moonlight`s more oily consistency to apply as you can really tell where you`ve been... though you need double the amount of cloths to avoid pushing product as a result. Moonlight has a shorter cure time, just 4 hours!

Comparing 1 layer of each, Cancoat shades it... with 2 coats of each they are exceptionally close and each get close to a year of reasonable performance.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    How long of the 2 years was it unopened vs opened?
    Opened wthin 2 weeks of recieving

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Surprising as mine went cloudy (still usable, just didn`t look as fresh as the above) after approx 12 months after being opened.

Challenge I had with Cancoat was the cap seizing, but if you don`t keep it moving the contents solidify shortly after a year too - thankfully it`s so versatile that not a month goes by where I don`t pick it up for something.

In comparing Moonlight vs Cancoat, both have advantages and disadvantages. Moonlight has more of a visual jetting effect on the paint, where Cancoat is more about that Candy gloss and saturation. Cancoat is more hydrophobic, Moonlight is slicker.

I prefer Moonlight`s more oily consistency to apply as you can really tell where you`ve been... though you need double the amount of cloths to avoid pushing product as a result. Moonlight has a shorter cure time, just 4 hours!

Comparing 1 layer of each, Cancoat shades it... with 2 coats of each they are exceptionally close and each get close to a year of reasonable performance.
    I liked cancoat topped with moonlight

Thanks atbalfour thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I liked cancoat topped with moonlight

I`d probably swap them around just on the basis that I like the crazy hydrophobics more than I like the slickness of Moonlight. I think Cancoat self cleans marginally better as a result Tac System Moonlight?

Great duo though. Carpro lite is my next one to use, albeit its meant to be extremely grabby like a traditional ceramic coating.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@coating=crack Go to know on shelf life always had plans to use on long term trim dressing after hearing it works well for that purpose

Thread Information