Post Thanks / Like

TRC Twistress vs the Griots Garage PFM drying towel

I had purchased the Twistress drying towels on a 3 for $ 21.00 deal. I posted that I really liked them and I still do. When I posted that I really liked these, many people suggested I try the Griots Garage PFM towels.

I did like the PFM towels as well.

The PFM towels I purchased are 16" x 16" and thicker than the twistress towels. The Twistress are 16" x 24" in side.

Both are excellent, and after one use of the PFM and a few uses of the twistress, I can see why these towels are getting time on the forums.

Both of these are the best drying towels I have ever used. I am going to hold off saying which is better until I get more time with them and see how they wash. I can tell you both are excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TRC Twistress vs the Griots Garage PFM drying towel

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I had purchased the Twistress drying towels on a 3 for $ 21.00 deal. I posted that I really liked them and I still do. When I posted that I really liked these, many people suggested I try the Griots Garage PFM towels.

I did like the PFM towels as well.

The PFM towels I purchased are 16" x 16" and thicker than the twistress towels. The Twistress are 16" x 24" in side.

Both are excellent, and after one use of the PFM and a few uses of the twistress, I can see why these towels are getting time on the forums.

Both of these are the best drying towels I have ever used. I am going to hold off saying which is better until I get more time with them and see how they wash. I can tell you both are excellent.
    I`m in the same boat as you. Bought 3 Twistress towels during the Labor Day sale and have really liked them (much better than WW towels or even their Pluffle towels). I just picked up a couple PFM towels on sale at Pepboys and just used them over the weekend. Agree that they are thicker and I think seem to hold more water than the Twistress. I can do my full size sedan with one 16 x 16 PFM followed by a light pass with a second towel just to clear up any dampness left over from the PFM being saturated toward the end. Really liking these so far.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use both the TRC Twistress 16x24 towels and the Griots PFM 16x16 towels for drying. My wash method is strictly rinseless washing inside my storage building/garage. After using both for a while now, I have to give the nod to the Griots PFM`s due to their thickness and size (prefer 16x16 for rinseless washes).

The Twistress towels are very nice, and do not snag as easily (imho) as the PFM`s. If they become available in a 16x16 size I would probably get more as they are a better value than the PFM`s. That said, I am very pleased with the Griots towels and reach for them first when washing...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have both also. Most times I will reach for the Twistress when drying a car, they dont necessarily do a better job but for the price I will be purchasing more Twistress when the time comes.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if it was just my Advanced Auto store - but got PFM 16x16 towels for $3 a piece. I picked up the 2 remaining in my local store. The register was showing them as closeout.

Post Thanks / Like

What`s the difference between the Supreme 530 and the PFM?
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

9.99/ each at mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    not sure if it was just my Advanced Auto store - but got PFM 16x16 towels for $3 a piece. I picked up the 2 remaining in my local store. The register was showing them as closeout.

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of just the feel, does one or the other feel *softer* when dry ?

I`m still old school. Even when I use my PFM, I will purposely won`t blow dry my windows or the roof. I will blow the rest of the car, and then Prime my PFM towel by laying it on the roof, doing all the windows and then my finish blotting.

Thread Information