Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Basic 2BW Shampoo Recommendations

I tried the Griots soap as well. About the only thing I tried from them i didn`t really like. I now use Optimum and Adams. Just bought the new soap from Mckees that you can use in the sun. We`ll see how that works out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I tried the Griots soap as well. About the only thing I tried from them i didn`t really like..
    Ah, interesting! What about it didn`t you like?

And yeah, most everybody likes the Optimum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, interesting! What about it didn`t you like?

And yeah, most everybody likes the Optimum.
    Seemed a bit watered down to me.. But of course it might have been my dilution method... The Eyeballing method LOL. And I feel the Optimum and Adams are slicker.

Maybe I need to give it another go...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The Guz and Dan- Same Q, curious about what you guys didn`t like about the Griot`s (no gonna argue it, just genuinely curious).

Best I can tell, their current "Concentrated" is the same stuff they`ve sold since forever...or at least I`m still mixing it to the same dilution and it seems to be working the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The Guz and Dan- Same Q, curious about what you guys didn`t like about the Griot`s (no gonna argue it, just genuinely curious).

Best I can tell, their current "Concentrated" is the same stuff they`ve sold since forever...or at least I`m still mixing it to the same dilution and it seems to be working the same.
    I love an augment!Basic 2BW Shampoo Recommendations

For me it doesn`t do anything special. Not super slick, doesn`t cut grime extremely well, doesn`t smell great. Add in the fact it is pricey.

My all time favorite is NXT wash. I still have one bottle left! It was cheap and ate grime almost as good as dawn. Smells nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, I find the Griot`s lubricity to be very good, but yeah adding the 3D *did* improve the cleaning power. Neither one of them seems to affect my LSPs to a significant degree.

dschribs- If you like the Optimum, and find it slicker (hmm...got my attention there), don`t go back trying the Griot`s just because *I* like it! I might oughta try the Optimum some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like carpro reset because of the good lubrication and feeling when you wash and it cleaning well. Carchem luxury schampo is great also.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator . When was the the most recent ~jug~ you got or are you working off old stock.

Either I got a bad jug, but it`s not as lubricious as the older ones. As the viscosity is slightly different for sure - aka, when refilling smaller bottle from a 1 gal, for sure it flows faster where`as my older jugs was like pouring honey if ya know what I mean...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    Reset and Optimum Car Wash.
    ^^^Luv these two. I`ll add one more truly great product: Chem Guys` Mr Pink
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Accumulator . When was the the most recent ~jug~ you got or are you working off old stock.

Either I got a bad jug, but it`s not as lubricious as the older ones. As the viscosity is slightly different for sure - aka, when refilling smaller bottle from a 1 gal, for sure it flows faster where`as my older jugs was like pouring honey if ya know what I mean...
    Yeah, I`d wondered if they changed it when they changed the name.

IIRC I got mine maybe late `16, probably during a Holiday sale. I hadn`t noticed any diffs from the earlier batches, but I gotta admit I wasn`t looking for `em either. It *seems* to pump out the same from a very casual observer`s perspective.

The one thing I *have* noticed is that my pre-mixed concentrate (GG:3D combo) sometimes gets, uhm...floating blobs of viscous [stuff] if I let it sit around too long. Like something gelatinous separates out. Shake shake shake, all seems fine and vehicles wash up just the same as always (including wheels/undercarriages/etc.), not like it clogs the foamguns or anything like that. But I`m not thrilled with that aspect of it and I *assume* the GG is causing it.

Heh heh, I`m not being a big GG defender on this; would be fine switching to something else that`s (at least) as good, especially if the cost is lower (I can use a *LOT* of shampoo). Got many gallons to go through before I`ll need something, but don`t mind thinking about it well in advance.

The 3D pink presumably lacks, uhm....something...that`s in the GG. More of a "straight-up, squeaky clean" shampoo but adding the GG contributes something(s) and whatever that is, I like it. (But then again, I don`t like that gelatinous [stuff].)

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator. I highly recommend just trying Reset once, if you have not
    In all fairness, you might hate it ? Tons of Pink fans, never has worked well for me.

GG was my gold standard for lubricity. Reset is just as lubricious and cleans even better.....

Post Thanks / Like

I have been around the block

Start PB super slick and suds, ultima, luso, GWash, optimum, glisante, bath, bathe plus, and I`m back to Poorboys super slick and suds. I should never have left.

Let can spend more money but not get a better straight wash. I mix heavy bc I feel is reduces wash induced marring at this price point it`s still economical.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Bathe has been nice to us and our coated cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Duragloss but haven’t done a conventional wash in forever. No hose access in my apartment, so all 2 bucket no rinse washes for me,

Post Thanks / Like

I will add, 3D Pink soap and PB slick & suds are standouts also. I wash weekly, so HW wins because of it`s dilution ratio. One ounce in the bucket and same in the foam gun. And I find it to be a very good product.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information