Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray waxes vs the stuff in tins?

I use OCW after nearly every wash- it`s that easy to use. Occasionally, I`ll use MegUQW. OCW seems to last longer, but UQW gives the color slightly more pop.

I think a more realistic comparison is taking a high quality spray wax, applied every other week or when you wash your car. Compare that to a paste or liquid wax applied every 4 months, or so. In this case, I would take the frequently applied spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Dubert Chemical makes a spray sealant that they say will last 4 months. Ive used it and it can be used as a drying aid or a spray and wipe. Ive gotten a good 6 weeks and it still beads water , and that is with 2 car washes a week and thats because my car sits outside 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok but what about the thickness of the coating - VS abrasion? Surely a spray wax is going to leave a thinner barrier, than the tradition tin paste waxes? And since that barrier is thinner, you`re not getting the same protection.

And how about looks? Part of the reason you wax a car is good looks. A thicker coating would be able to yield that "deeper" look that so many people desire. If the coating is really thin well... probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

The question is about waxes. Sure a spray sealant will be better than most spray waxes. It wasn’t really questioned. I know it gets hazy with all the different stuff out there

With out a doubt there is not a spray wax that will beat an elite tin paste wax. I don’t think we are talking show car waxes here either where they last a few weeks

Cause heck if it just needs to be sold as a spray delivery I’ll pick cancoat from Gyeon as my winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

WOW all outstanding products mention in this thread and i`ve used them all and got great results with just about every one of them but i`d like to mention one more that i like alot as a drying aid or after i`ve dryed my car after a wash, it`s auqa wax. I still find this to really give my car that fresh waxed look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    PRIMA HYDRO MAX was a game changer.
    Indeed !!!! Probably my favorite spray sealant. Super easy to use and such an amazing look. I am glad I have 2 bottles in reserve
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not convinced that a paste wax leaves behind more protection. Yes it may apply thicker. However, after you buff away all the carrier oils and by products. Is the protection film left behind any thicker? I`m not sold. So I have primarily switched to sprays. Except for FK 1000p. I still use this product for creation applications.
    Likes PA DETAILER, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I`m not convinced that a paste wax leaves behind more protection. Yes it may apply thicker. However, after you buffy away all the carrier oils and by products. Is the protection film left behind any thicker? I`m not sold. So I have primarily switched to sprays. Except for FK 1000p. I still use this product for creation applications.
    I agree on this. Work smarter not harder. I think with all the great available spray waxes currently out, a paste wax will not mean better protection.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    ..And how about looks? Part of the reason you wax a car is good looks..
    Heh heh, maybe some people, but it`d have to be something pretty significant for me to care at all...and those cases are few and far between.

And yeah, that`s very different from how I viewed it years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I have never tried a spray wax as a stand alone LSP, I cannot comment on durability/protection alone, however, I would think that it may not be as good as a "tin" LSP. I am partial to the BFWD spray wax when drying or in between full on LSP waxes/sealants just as a charger for the "tin" LSP due to it`s ability to recharge your base protectant and works very well in the sun without any "streaking". It`s easy on/easy off.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I`m not convinced that a paste wax leaves behind more protection. Yes it may apply thicker. However, after you buff away all the carrier oils and by products. Is the protection film left behind any thicker? I`m not sold. So I have primarily switched to sprays. Except for FK 1000p. I still use this product for creation applications.
    Buff away... hmm.

I`m no pro detailer like most of you here, but I would assume that the coating left by a paste would have to be thicker if you just simply wiped it off with the appropriate microfiber cloth. In my mind, you wouldn`t want to buff anything away. You`d apply it as normal, and wipe off the haze, leaving the "finished product" to sit on top of the clear and do its job. Am I missing an important step here? If am I am not, then it would seem that a paste would have to by nature, leave a somewhat thicker barrier than a liquid. Obviously you`d never be able to discern this difference with the naked eye. But when it comes to all those small abrasions the car is getting hit with when its flying down the highway, thicker would have to be better. Or at least last longer as it would take longer to chip away.

Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt a spray product will out last, out shine or out protect Collinite #845 or #476. These are paste / liquid (respectively). I`m at 9 months and counting from my initial double application of #476. I`m surprised neither has been mentioned here so far.

I AM curios about the McKee’s 37 Trademark Extender Spray Wax...has any user of this also used Menzerna Endless Shine? How do they compare?

My current "topper" is the Menzerna; it does tend to streak but that is minimized if you use a microfiber with a longer nap than typically one would use. I love the slick, silky feel it leaves, its beading properties and its durability (for a spray).

If the McKees performs as well, but streaks less, I`d be interested in changing.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like Blackfire Carnauba Spray Wax. It is not as durable as many of the durable pastes but it is works longer than one may think.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Would anyone like to comment on this stuff?
    https://topcoat.store/

https://youtu.be/9encCfa4Yg8

Their customers think this is the best thing since the future second coming of Christ!

I respectfully disagree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    Buff away... hmm.

I`m no pro detailer like most of you here, but I would assume that the coating left by a paste would have to be thicker if you just simply wiped it off with the appropriate microfiber cloth. In my mind, you wouldn`t want to buff anything away. You`d apply it as normal, and wipe off the haze, leaving the "finished product" to sit on top of the clear and do its job. Am I missing an important step here? If am I am not, then it would seem that a paste would have to by nature, leave a somewhat thicker barrier than a liquid. Obviously you`d never be able to discern this difference with the naked eye. But when it comes to all those small abrasions the car is getting hit with when its flying down the highway, thicker would have to be better. Or at least last longer as it would take longer to chip away.
    It depends on the product for sure. A normal paste wax bonds mostly to the surface imperfections, it is a physical bond, not chemical. So when you buff off, you are literally shearing away the top layer.

For those that don`t think a spray sealant can last, well, what about a spray coating? McKee`s 37 is like brain dead easy to apply, I`d say almost as easy as Opti-seal. Give it a few years and coatings will be as easy and goof proof to appy as something like OCW.
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information