Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray waxes vs the stuff in tins?

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post

Buff away... hmm.

. In my mind, you wouldn`t want to buff anything away. You`d apply it as normal, and wipe off the haze, leaving the "finished product" to sit on top of the clear and do its job.
    The haze is what I was referring to. Buff off / Wipe off tomayto / tomahto

I could be completely wrong. But I have gotten a good solid 2months out of some spray wax`s and some where gone in a week. The same could be said for some paste wax`s as well.

Dan mentioned spray coatings.

On my daily driver I have switched to a spray coating (Gyeon CanCoat). I`m 10+ months in and going strong. The lower panels are starting to show some loss. But 95% of the car is beading crazy beads. Gyeon claims greater than 6months (Durability: >6months / 10K km). I`m hoping for 12months. As far as 10K or 6.2miles I drive 73miles round trip and that hasn`t diminished the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread didn`t go like I thought it would. There seems to be no clear cut answer as to whether or not sprays are inferior to the good paste waxes. I though for sure I`d get:

"Yeah right those gimmick sprays for lazy asses? Get your big boy britches on and get out there and so some work with a real wax!!"

lol

Post Thanks / Like

Spray Wax vs Paste Wax - Which Is Better for Your Car DetailXPerts Blog

Now you might ask: how different is spray wax vs paste wax or even liquid wax? In a nutshell, the difference lies in the ease of application from product container to car surface.

https://youtu.be/j-H3p4dVoXk

Work smarter not harder.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

As I see it is if you only use wax pure carnuaba montan beewax it has no durability on it`s own. It`s for to get you a different and nice shine on your paint. You have to put in polymers and other chemicals in to the wax for get durability of it to Stacy on the paint. And these chemicals are the thing that can get your paint a little bit of protection to wash marrings etc. Spraywaxes is made for to top and extend the basecoat layer. Then the outcome of that is it`s working on wet surfeces so we found out that it`s works great to get some lubrication when drying. So compare paste wax to spraywax is`nt fair match. They would be compared to sealants and coatings instead IMO för the durability of them. Paste wax spraywax sealants and coatings are all different products that have their place on their own. It`s up to you to decide wich way to go with to protect your paint. Would it come out a high caulity carnuaba wax that lasted 2 years and is as easy to apply as a spraywax. That would be the end of paste waxes or would it. People like different looks and ceramic coatings has their glass reflective look and waxes has their wormth and glowing look. Then we can chose what we want. Chemicly it`s so far hard to get high % of wax to blend in to get longevity to it. A question I wonder about how would a spraywax with 2 months of longevity applyied 6 times a year be any difference in wash marring and daily drivers indused scratchings hold up to a paste wax as 476s applyied 1 time or 2 times. So you can see the difference in the protection of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    A question I wonder about how would a spraywax with 2 months of longevity applyied 6 times a year be any difference in wash marring and daily drivers indused scratchings hold up to a paste wax as 476s applyied 1 time or 2 times. So you can see the difference in the protection of them.
    I find no difference in wash-related marring between OCW and FK1000P, which I`d think is a pretty decent comparison between the two types of products.

BUT..that`s with *MY* wash technique, which regulars here know is awfully extreme. AND, the A8 doesn`t get all *that* awful between washes these days.

IMO one significant factor is how readily a LSP sheds contamination. The FK1000P, like (relatively fresh) Collinite, sheds dirt quite readily IME, so there`s little temptation to apply pressure while washing and less chance of residual dirt causing marring later (during drying, if you brush against the car, etc.). The OCW sheds contamination OK, but it`s not a strikingly obvious high-point like with the FK/Collinite.

As far as actual marring resistance, the only (conventional) LSP I`ve ever used that provided that is *HEAVILY* layered KSG, which I continue to use on glossy exterior plastics for just that reason. And the additional (relative) resistance is pretty minimal and would be easily overcome by somebody, say...washing by merely pressing a soapy wash mitt, worn as a glove, against a dirty surface and moving it a few inches under pressure.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information