Thread: Alaska

Post Thanks / Like

Alaska

So, it has been a few years. I moved to Alaska from Georgia and could not be happier! This state has so much to offer and NO SNAKES! However, I did get shooed away from my favorite fishing spot by a few grizzlies this past July. Anyways, need some advice from those who use coatings or wax/sealant combos that last them through a winter(not a southern winter).

Currently have a white 2015 Ford Edge and a red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO. Both have their exterior trim protected with CarPro DLUX and have lasted 1 Alaskan winter and STILL beads water and looks great. DLUX`ing both vehicle wheels and use CarPro PERL for tire dress. I need to purchase a good compound and polish setup as I have my Porter Cable but no product. I have been leaning towards using a coating vs a sealant/wax combo. The Edge is garage kept during the winter, it is daily driven. The SHO is my DD and is not in the garage during winter unless I sneak it in. Here in Alaska there is no salt; gravel is used on the roads along with plowing(which they never do).

My compound setup would probably consist of M101/M100 as I have used them before and a Menzerna product lineup for the polish.

Prior to 2014 I was using Menzerna PL or Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 with great results with a DODO Juice LSP and getting months out of those setups. However, that was not subject to ice/snow at all. So my thought process is Opti-Coat or CQ-UK. The coatings should not only last much longer than a seal/wax combo but also once a year(or 2,3..) application makes life much easier.

My basis for this post is to get back into the detailing world. I use PB Natural Look for all surfaces except for the leather which I am trying to find a good leather product(interior help is welcomed as well). Any feedback for coatings or tried/trued seal/wax combos for cold weather climate areas would be greatly appreciated. Any updated news on compound/polish/interior would be awesome. Thanks yall!
    1998 SVT Contour T-Red - Vortech, Built Trans, Centerlines, Suspension - SOLD
    2003 SVT Lightning Sonic Blue - Modded
    2010 SVT Raptor Molten Orange - Stockish
    2013 SHO Taurus Red - Stockish - SOLD
    2015 Ford Edge White - Stock

North Carolina Air National Guard. Veteran

www.facebook.com/dukedetails

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alaska

Cq-uk I hear is good for the cold. Last year I did collinite 845 on the g6 and it help up well for washing and beading for like 8 months through a Wisconsin winter with like 3 washings as I was to busy to do my own cars. Another one that one of my clients really likes is sonus ion paint coating, it goes on like a sealant and I see bout 6-8 months out of that on their cars but they go through a touch less during the winter. But of course I put 2-3 coats on of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Alaska must be awsome way to far from the Caribbean for me though I am in up state ny we get the salt in the winter even before it snows I am going to try dr Beasley plasma coat this year

Post Thanks / Like

Optimumj Protectant Plus https://optimumcarcare.com/product/o...rotectant-plus -Good on leather, plastic and vinyl

Post Thanks / Like

awesome I actually came from Alaska

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

Some d300 from Meguires and a microfiber cutting pad and finish with CarPro Essence would be my suggested products.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful country up there!! Polish Angel Viking was designed specifically for that type of climate. Polish Angel products are all top notch. It should have no problem lasting that 9 month winter.

You should have no problem coating both vehicles with this one bottle. PA products you use very little. The spritz is a great booster. You probably wouldn`t need the spritz but it would be nice, may help you make it through a second winter

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/nord...l#.WdF46Os8KK0
    Thanks csvtjohnga thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!
    1998 SVT Contour T-Red - Vortech, Built Trans, Centerlines, Suspension - SOLD
    2003 SVT Lightning Sonic Blue - Modded
    2010 SVT Raptor Molten Orange - Stockish
    2013 SHO Taurus Red - Stockish - SOLD
    2015 Ford Edge White - Stock

North Carolina Air National Guard. Veteran

www.facebook.com/dukedetails

Thread Information