Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I`m a bit surprised there hasn`t been more excitement and discusssion around this newcomer.` I ordered the package plus an extra bottle of Squeaky Clean earlier this week.` It arrived today.` I might attack one of the cars tomorrow and see how it works.` I`m a bit concerned about it being too cool, temp-wise.` We`ll see what`s doing tomorrow.

`

For the record, I`ve got a couple cars coated with OptiCoat and another coated with Cquartz UK (slo-cure version).` Very good results with both.

`
    <p style="text-align:center;">
    <p style="text-align:center;">`

`

Given the presence of the sprayer, I assume the coating gets spritzed on and then wiped in with the applicator.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, 4 ozs =` 118mL = 118cc

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted a chance to try this product but I ended up getting a late start yesterday.` I`m very pleased with what I`ve seen so far.` There are two simple things the Duragloss people have engineered into their version of the coating:` ability to spray the product and a unique applicator pad (2 are included).

`

`

The Squeaky Clean seems to work as advertised, but it dusts a fair amount.` The angle of the bright sun makes it look worse than it is.` I`d describe the Squeaky Clean product as a paintwork cleanser - - not much ability to correct.` The car I`applied the Enviroshield to has some notable scratches in the paint and the Squeaky Clean didn`t do much for them.` I guess I really`wasn`t expecting it to.` I see no reason why you couldn`t skip the Squeaky Clean entirely and do something like M105>M205 combo and then coat...or whatever your preferred polish routine is.` I`ve done the hood, fenders, deck lid and roof.` When I complete this job I may go directly to the Meguiars polishes and then coat.

`

<u>I really like the ability to spray their coating`product</u> for a couple of reasons.` I`ve had issues in the past where I just can`t tell if I`m getting enough product applied to the surface and it turns out I wasn`t.` The ability to spray the coating onto their special applicator pad (it has sort of a fabric covering one side) completely eliminates this uncertainty for me.` I intentionally applied a lot of product.` I did spray the product directly onto large wide areas...not sure if that`s allowed, but it worked great ` Duragloss says to mist the applicator and then apply.` I was doing both and had real good success getting plenty of product applied.` The ability to do this quickly increases one`s confidence with applying these coatings.

`

You can keep rubbing the coating into the surface and it kind of disappears.` When you over-apply, you can use their no-nap MF towel that`s included.` It does a perfect job leveling the product.` They suggest the product is WOWA*, I can`t completely agree with that.

`

The finished result appears similar to the other coatings I`ve used.` The surface is slightly tacky for the first few hours and that transitions to a very smooth, silky feel once the curing takes place.` I haven`t seen the car outside yet, but I`m sure the result will be as good as the other coatings I`ve tried.

`

I suppose this 4oz bottle will do quite a few cars.` Not sure if I need to be concerned about the product going bad within 6 months - I`ll never use it up by then.

`

This product obviously offers a strong value proposition for a production environment at $38.` Not sure what the pricing would be without the Squeaky Clean which some aren`t going to use.

`

<span style="font-size:10px;">*wipe on, walk away

Post Thanks / Like

I am really looking forward to your findings Tom. This looks really promising. Does it require much leveling? Does it harden up the applicator after use?`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

The amount of leveling I needed to do was minimal.` This product levels easier than the other two coatings I have.` Very easy to work with.

`

The pad didn`t harden overnight.` I`ll check it again in a week.

`

`

The gloss and overall appearance is directly comparable to the Cquartz product I have.` Nobody is going to complain about lack of shine.` I`ll be interested to see how it looks following its first wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to future updates also. `
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your efforts. Sounds very interesting. Just a point to consider. I wouldn`t use M205 as a base for any coating. It leaves behind oils that will comprise the coating. I always use HD POLISH to finish which leaves nothing behind. I still do an IPA wipedown after using it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, thanks for the warning on that.` I would typically do a wash (Meg`s #00 shampoo) following those polishes.` I`ve also got the HD product so maybe I`ll try that since the finishes on these cars is pretty good.

`

Guys, I`ll update when there`s newsworthy info to share.` I don`t think I`ll get the balance of the panels done `til May.` I`ll try to get some beading shots this week so we can see what`s going on with that.

Post Thanks / Like

interested to see beading/sheeting videos

Post Thanks / Like

Super interested! Does it fill at all? Or normal Coating fundamentals apply as usual.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tom! I was on fence for so long on coatings, and this looks like the one to jump on. Call me a cheap ```````, I don`t care, this product definitely fits the wallet and looks like it`s just as good as the high dollar offerings. Plus, it`s made in NC, got to support my local boys!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma

Super interested! Does it fill at all? Or normal Coating fundamentals apply as usual.

`

It doesn`t appear to fill, at least not that I could notice on white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

Thanks Tom! I was on fence for so long on coatings, and this looks like the one to jump on. Call me a cheap ```````, I don`t care, this product definitely fits the wallet and looks like it`s just as good as the high dollar offerings. Plus, it`s made in NC, got to support my local boys!

`

`

Yeah, I think at this price point, it`s tough to bypass.` I think I`d skip the Squeaky Clean unless the car you are working on is in great shape.` I think most of us already own polishes etc that would be more appropriate.` I suspect they`ve created this affordable`kit to offer to the "general public"...those who are not savvy enough to`know whether they`re paint is really`ready for a coating.` I believe in most cases the novice can get decent results.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, the subject car is a 1998 MBz E300D with 200k miles.` It`s been in NC and VA for the majority of its life.` The paint looks pretty good but there are some serious scratches under the clear coat.` I suspect the car left the factory like that.` I`ve had two of these cars and the other, 1 year newer, had the exact same scratches on the hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks similar to the Pinnacle spray on coating. Anyone have an update on that coating?
    Owner and President
    AutoLavish LLC
    Local to Michigan, Serving Nationwide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information