Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Evo on my list too. Excited tp here your thoughts as gotta coat 3 cars this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Evo on my list too. Excited tp here your thoughts as gotta coat 3 cars this spring
    1) Nice! That’s fun and I’m looking forward to doing it more in 2021, hopefully. Either way, enjoy it.

2) Can’t wait to here about Budget’s and potentially your experience with Evo.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the write ups on the 3 budget

Post Thanks / Like

Most people, do not take their vehicles
    to car shows - yes - you can polish a car
    to utter - profection.

Although, in the real world where a vehicle
    is exposed to the elements, clear coats
    need to be protected.

If something can be removed by washing
    it with Dawn - it`s not a protection product.

If you`re going to all that work to prep
    a clear coat- apply a product that cannot
    removed by a dish washing soap.

Protect your clear coat , and you will
    not have to polish and correct your
    paint all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m really interested in Evo has well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I`m really interested in Evo has well!
    Im really surprised they haven’t setup shop here in USA maybe they will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Im really surprised they haven’t setup shop here in USA maybe they will
    I`ve been looking at their site the last 1 hour or so. Beautiful packaging and very simple and straight forward line up. I think its my new favorite brand. Totally opposite from a company like Gyeon or gtechniq for instance. Which is way over complicated for my tastes.

nvcarcareusa.com/

parkscarcare.net

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been looking at their site the last 1 hour or so. Beautiful packaging and very simple and straight forward line up. I think its my new favorite brand. Totally opposite from a company like Gyeon or gtechniq for instance. Which is way over complicated for my tastes.

nvcarcareusa.com/

parkscarcare.net
    Nick (Parks) from Parks seems like a standup, nice guy. We exchanged a few messages after I bought the Evo, Jet and Clarity to answer a few questions. I couldn`t get Boost as they were outta stock but he did mention something kinda interesting regarding Boost and its functionality:

Boost is pretty unique in the fact that it’s designed to wash off during maintenance, so the boost gets contaminated and washed off instead of your coating.

That being said, jet on top of evo is extremely stout and durable. It does amazing as a topper for evo to extend durability and keep the evo protected.
    I`m gonna snatch up some Boost when it becomes available and see what it`s like but for now, Jet on top of the Evo. Vendor availability and willingness to `get involved` with hobbyists like me is a big plus when choosing a product...I need all the help I can get
    Likes atbalfour, William_Wallace liked this post
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Nick (Parks) from Parks seems like a standup, nice guy. We exchanged a few messages after I bought the Evo, Jet and Clarity to answer a few questions. I couldn`t get Boost as they were outta stock but he did mention something kinda interesting regarding Boost and its functionality:

I`m gonna snatch up some Boost when it becomes available and see what it`s like but for now, Jet on top of the Evo. Vendor availability and willingness to `get involved` with hobbyists like me is a big plus when choosing a product...I need all the help I can get
    The boost sounds pretty cool....interesting. Never heard of such a product. I emailed them earlier to see if they had a write up for the application method they used for Evo. But i guess there off for the weekend.

The little blue air dryer looks epic too! - probably my next tool. The color looks a lot like the color of my car frankly.

Did you apply EVO today? I thought i seen a post from you yesterday....

Yeah on the get involved thing, thats where tacsystem seriously falls short. Were demanding us hardcore hobbyists!

One of the first things that crossed my mind when i read about boost washing off with the contamination i thought of atbalfour. He would probably be super interested in Boost.

I think he`s on this forum has well..

Post Thanks / Like

I`m gonna snatch up some Boost when it becomes available and see what it`s like but for now, Jet on top of the Evo. Vendor availability and willingness to `get involved` with hobbyists like me is a big plus when choosing a product...I need all the help I can get Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Does seem like a nice and helpful fella I was messaging him earlier in the week and responded instantly Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s timing for ya atbalfour!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you apply EVO today? I thought i seen a post from you yesterday....
    Little bit more polishing and then will coat w EVO tonite, Jet on Monday.
    Likes noorth, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Little bit more polishing and then will coat w EVO tonite, Jet on Monday.
    Awesome! I LOVE the Rupes DA pad!

Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

How did you make out?

Post Thanks / Like

NV NOVA EVO HYBRID CERAMIC COATING

Cliff Notes: Kami ISM 1.0-ish, a bit thick, pleasing application, quick removal, spread nicely, 2x2 sections. Satisfying...nice gloss, not overly candy-ish...not thin, not thick...somewhere in middle. Good feel to surface, slick but not crazily so...pleasing for sure Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

U.S Mfg: NV CareCare USA

U.S. Vendor: Parks Car Care

Products I used

NV Nova EVO Ceramic Coating

NV Nova Jet Spray Coating

NV Nova Clarity Residue Remover

Was gonna grab their Boost maintenance product instead of Jet but alas, was not avaliable when i ordered so went with Jet, perhaps a little more stout of a product.

The topping of coatings is debated by some but for me, what fun is applying a ceramic if ya can`t squirt something on top? This is supposed to be fun (for me anyway) and dropping something on top is something I enjoy on occasion...as long as it is easy; inherent laziness is still the main driver for me w regards to car care.

An interesting note on Boost from Nick Parks (U.S. Vendor):

"Boost is pretty unique in the fact that it’s designed to wash off during maintenance, so the boost gets contaminated and washed off instead of your coating.

That being said, jet on top of evo is extremely stout and durable. It does amazing as a topper for evo to extend durability and keep the evo protected."
    So it appears that Boost can be viewed as a `Sacrificial Layer` of sorts...a phrase used by the mfg of one of my favorite maintenance products, Kamikaze Overcoat.

Side note regarding U.S. Vendor: Sounds like Nick is a great, upstanding guy, quick to respond, straight-shooter. He had heard I was gonna try Evo from a mutual friend on Facebook and reached out to insure I had no questions, concerns prior to application.

All other things being equal in terms of overall product performance, I like smaller, more responsive vendors who are willing to to help out `marginally functional` hobbyists like myself despite the fact that they have far more lucrative ways to spend their time. It`s an added benefit for me, one that has paid great dividends for, allowing me to enjoy the whole detailing `thing` far more than just a `buy and try` experience. YMMV. While 22ple has been a favorite for a few years, mfg support has been poor and I kinda get tired of that after a while.

Some specifics on the Nova EVO product:

DESCRIPTION:
    A PROFESSIONAL-GRADE HYBRID CERAMIC COATING THAT PROMOTES BOTH EXTREME DURABILITY, AMAZING PROTECTION, AND CANDY-LIKE GLOSS.`

ABOUT EVO:
    Nova EVO is an innovative hybrid coating that utilizes specific ingredients that focus on long-lasting durability & protection, and immense gloss. This professional-grade hybrid coating is super easy to use and`encases your vehicle in a hydrophobic layer`that will make your vehicle easier to clean and leave it shining for years.

EVO HYBRID CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY:
    We have invested countless hours into developing our NOVA series and creating paint protective products with no compromise. This has been a very challenging quest, as most of the additives that increase water beading & gloss have inverse effects on there environmental resistance and durability.

When making a coating easier to apply & cheaper to produce, it usually requires that more layers are needed to become effective. However, by using the highest grade of organic & inorganic coating ingredients with years of development, we have created the perfect hybrid ceramic coating that only requires one-layer for optimal performance.`

SPECIFICATIONS:
    * 3-year durability`

* Very high level of gloss

* Water Contact Angle: 110 Degrees+

* Incredible environmental resistance & crazy water-repellency`

* Professional-grade performance

* Very easy application

* Curing Time: 7-14 Days until complete hardness

* High swirl resistance`

APPLICATION:
    1. Ensure the surface is decontaminated, cleaned and polished

2. Wipe down the surface with Nv Clarity

3. Apply a line of drops on a suede microfiber applicator

4. Wipe onto the surface in straight even lines, horizontally and vertically (Try not to work in larger areas, break each panel into sections no bigger than 50x50cm)

5. Wipe off almost instantly, don’t wait longer than 2 minutes.

6. Use a second towel to ensure even wipe off.

CURING NOTES:
    Apply Nova Boost after leaving the coating cure overnight.

Wait a minimum of 7 days before washing your vehicle.

Full Hardening is 7 - 14 days.

A little background on how I ran across NV Nova Evo and why I decided to give it a try:

Although I don`t really watch much on YouTube w regards to coating comparisons, someone had sent me a link to an Australian Detailer who did a comparison of Kamikaze Miyabi and EVO. Intrigued, I gave it a view and it seemed like an interesting product.

It`s no secret that I`m a huge fan of Kamikaze stuff; it`s been kickin` ass and takin` names for me in a variety of situations since first giving Overcoat a try in Summer of 2016, suggested by a well-respected Autopia Forum user.

The product-line has continually exceeded my expectations, I enjoy using it and it meets my particular wants and needs better than anything else I`ve tried. Everyone has their favorites for reasons both tangible and otherwise, no harm no foul. Life we be dull (Forums too) if we all liked the same stuff; "Find what you like and use it often".

The EVO also interested me due to its 1-layer application, its attractive, somewhat subdued packaging and refreshing lack of bloviating, sensationalist marketing claims. A product that claims "Diamond-Infused, Eleventy-Billion h hardness that can shrug off numerous hits from mortar rounds during its guaranteed 15 year life span" is a downer for me; let your product do the talking, not your marketing department.

The vehicle I used this on was (yet another) new Race Red Ford Transit, fortunately a smaller Connect model. They come in pretty good shape from dealer, typical light marring which gets added to when the graphics guy comes by to apply decals. Aside from 2 spots on the roof where Ford inexpliably slaps some bar-coded stickers on, its really light work to get it ready to coat. Removing the stickers requires some adhesive remover and a plastic razor blade so went over those areas with Griots Correcting Cream w Uro Fiber pad to knock down the marring. Other than that, Sonax Perfect Finish w new-style Rupes yellow pads took care of slight scratches and a bit of marring from synthetic clay mitt. Used Rupes 15 Mk2, Rupes Mini and BOSS 21 where possible.

I generally wipe down each panel w CarPro Eraser after polishing and then hose down the entire vehicle section by section when done. I may overdo the prep wipe but I think I gooned up a 22ple HPC application once due to a hurried wipedown so I might go a bit overboard now. In the name of `product synergy`, known to many as `following reccomended directions`, I then went over entire vehicle with NV`s Clarity panel wipe.

The Clarity, which for some reason I ordered in 1 litre size, is quite a nice product. Nice sprayhead, not grabby or streaky, smooth and pleasurable to use, non-offensive scent. As mentioned, I can get a little over-exuberant with the panel wipe process and coupled w a Rag Company Platinum Pluffle the Clarity tolerated my indulgence very well. Quick, light wipe w Edgeless 350gsm before coating each panel and ready to go.

As for application of EVO, I did try a new applicator combo with this one, initially anyway. Autofiber had come out with some 4x4 `coating saver` applicator cloths for use w the standard coating blocks supplied w most coatings.

My preferred applicators for most coatings are the Autofiber 3x5 thin coating saver applicators; they just seem easier to get even coat down.

The block that came w the Evo was a bit smaller than the norm. I did 2 sections w the Autofiber 4x4 cloths/Evo block, 2 with Evo-supplied microsuedes and Evo block then just grabbed the 3x5 thin coating saver applicators for the rest.

I think the cloths woulda been better/more familiar on standard size blocks but were just a bit much on the narrower NV blocks. Since my preference for the 3x5 thin applicators was not changed after trying the above combos, won`t likely use them again. It`s a personal preference thing really so YMMV.

Was applying at about 65-70 degrees F, low humidity and ended up using about 20ml for entire vehicle. It spread pretty nicely, a little grabby as applicator loaded up but was still able to make very efficient use of the product; frankly, I was quite surprised how far the product went given all the paint it had to cover on the windowless van. I had saved the expansive and irritating roof for last to insure I wouldn`t run out and was quite surprised how much was left in bottle afterwards.

Was removing with typical Edgeless 300 for first wipe, Edgeless 350 for 2nd wipe/cleanup. Even though it`s kinda a thicker product when it hit the paint, it spread well, was easy to see on surface and removed nicely. When all was said and done, i had gine thru 1.5 of the 3x5 coating saver applicators, 2 of the 300gsm towels and 1.5 of the 350`s. The coating didn`t really load up the removal towels as much as I would have suspected, a nice plus cuz i toss all coating towels these days...for $10 dollars in towels not worth the effort to me anymore to soak, wash and and throw into the `general use` bin which has since evolved into an entire cabinet; last thing I need is more `non paint worthy` towels.

The application is pretty close to "apply in cross-hatch pattern on 24" x 24" sections, pause a moment to admire your skills and then remove." Removal isnt quite as light as something like Gtech CSL or Kami Miyabi but it`s by no means difficult; rather `substantially satisfying` with a feeling of "I liked" that after each section. Had Nora Jones 1st two albums on as the soundtrack for this one and it fit the application well...smooth, cool, mellow and enjoyable.

Vehicle took a bit over an 1.5 hrs to complete application, maybe closer to 2 cuz i hadda climb up on the roof, do a third of it (Blessed are those of us with long, lanky arms!), reposition and repeat. I did stretch application sections on roof to 24" x 36" outta curiosity and it was still relatively easy to remove but I`d stick with a bit smaller (as recommended) if not in a hurry.

I did a few sections where I applied up-down, side-to-side, up-down which cured the coating slightly more on panel, the upside being going immediately from application to removal w no "Is it ready for removal?" waiting. Seemed to be no penalty w regards to final results. Applicator got a little tackier a bit faster but nothing alarmingly significant, really.

Final feel after coating is quite nice, a bit of slickness; not Gyeon Syncro, SPS Graphene slick but still slick enough that when doing the roof bottle almost slid off at slight decline in angle near winshield where roof slopes down every so slightly to meet windshield, coulda been saddening if I didn`t catch it.

Gloss is nice, kinda reminds me of CQuartz UK 3.0 + Gliss V2. A touch of `medium thick candy` and not `thin, extra-candy` like Gyeon CanCoat.

I`m gonna drop Jet on the majority of it after 48 hrs, will leave the roof w just the EVO to see how that does.

Overall, I like it and enjoyed the application. Initial impressions include a nice vendor, a neat mfg and a pleasing look. I hope it does well, I`ll let ya know in a few months.

Edit: Is there a particular characteristic of a coating that is responsible for the near immediate removal after applying in smaller sections?

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information