Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Well i’m getting ready to find out.About all I can really compare it to that I have liked.The 22PLE HPC has been my favorite so far.Did a couple in Adams but haven’t seen the cars in a while.The weather has finally changed in Texas.Then I finally broke down on which polisher I wanted for upgrade.So it’s time to start prepping for the duo.I liked using the Kamikaze at Cooperider’s class.Just didn’t get to see after full curing time.Another one I would like to try is Jade or IGL’s.Dont remember seeing you trying any of those

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    Well i’m getting ready to find out.About all I can really compare it to that I have liked.The 22PLE HPC has been my favorite so far.Did a couple in Adams but haven’t seen the cars in a while.The weather has finally changed in Texas.Then I finally broke down on which polisher I wanted for upgrade.So it’s time to start prepping for the duo.I liked using the Kamikaze at Cooperider’s class.Just didn’t get to see after full curing time.Another one I would like to try is Jade or IGL’s.Dont remember seeing you trying any of those
    I did get a chance to try a bit of the mid-range IGL Quartz on a hood 2 years ago. I think it was rated at 2 years, dunno for sure. Other half of hood was 22ple HPC which overall did much better...dunno if that`s an apples-to-apples comparison though.

Pondered Jade, local vendor here is distributor...have heard mixed reviews, none bad but some average, some exceptional...who knows for sure. :shrug:

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the entire IGL line of Quartz is good but quartz plus better and Kenzo is the best coating I’ve used to date. I’ve used a lot, perhaps not as many as you .

I find the IGL products to be excellent in terms of ease of use and durability. And their support when I ha e questions is also top notch. The client cars I have coated have been happy with looks, durability and ease of interim maintenance. I have had no reason to look at any other coating system since I started with IGL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I have used the entire IGL line of Quartz is good but quartz plus better and Kenzo is the best coating I’ve used to date. I’ve used a lot, perhaps not as many as you .

I find the IGL products to be excellent in terms of ease of use and durability. And their support when I ha e questions is also top notch. The client cars I have coated have been happy with looks, durability and ease of interim maintenance. I have had no reason to look at any other coating system since I started with IGL.
    They were very nice folks when I talked to them, trying to purchase some of their coatings to try, unsuccessfully. No big deal, their products, their policies.

The one thing I remember specifically about the Quartz was how nice the application was...felt like the product was just melting into the surface as opposed to just be applied on top.

They sure know how to package a complete kit too, very nice. They certainly seem to inspire a rabid dedication among their installers so they must be doing something right.

I do find their Kenzo marketing language of "Diamond-Infused 10h hardness" to be somewhat sensationalist though...kinda outta character for them from what I`ve seen. I see they`ll soon be jumping into the Graphene game as well: https://blog.iglcoatings.com/the-sci...ctive-coating/

https://blog.iglcoatings.com/all-new...hine-renew-f4/

Post Thanks / Like

Funny I learn more from you. I’m not a big social media or face book guy.

I’m just a fan of good quality product and they have them. All the coatings and coating support products are top notch.

The tire product is great.

Have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    They were very nice folks when I talked to them, trying to purchase some of their coatings to try, unsuccessfully. No big deal, their products, their policies.

The one thing I remember specifically about the Quartz was how nice the application was...felt like the product was just melting into the surface as opposed to just be applied on top.

They sure know how to package a complete kit too, very nice. They certainly seem to inspire a rabid dedication among their installers so they must be doing something right.

I do find their Kenzo marketing language of "Diamond-Infused 10h hardness" to be somewhat sensationalist though...kinda outta character for them from what I`ve seen. I see they`ll soon be jumping into the Graphene game as well: https://blog.iglcoatings.com/the-sci...ctive-coating/

https://blog.iglcoatings.com/all-new...hine-renew-f4/
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

4 new rolling test panels arrived today...
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-newvan.jpg

And a quick look at one done with CarPro Cquartz TiO2 back in January 2017, about 45k miles ago. It`s been a quiet performer, but very, very solid. No hand wash or other maintenance since application and 4 or 5 times a year it gets run thru the local touchless tunnel, soap and rinse only. Up until last year was a April thru November only vehicle so only on it`s second winter, probably no more than 5k miles a winter when used in off-season. Marked up a bit since it is a work van but always looks good from 3ft away w/ little to no maintenance.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-cquartz_2019.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Tc99m, The Guz, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- Yes indeed, still looking great for a work truck. Heh heh, with a little, uhm...creative photography...somebody else could post that up as a wonderful fresh detail
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really find it hard to recommend anything else other than Cquartz Ti02 and UK 3.0 - for the DIY enthusiast they are hard to beat

Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s impresive durability from the Carpro Classic coating! Thinking the Classic TiO2 is an underated coating. Many goes with the CQUK coating cause of it`s durability in harsher winter environment. But if you live in an environment where you don`t get winters so they use road salt. And that you plan to apply the coating in the recommended temperature range. I would maybe go with the Classic TiO2 since it`s usually a better looks from it. Or like they have recommended before with a base coat of CQUK and top it with the TiO2 coating. CQUK is to prefer if you have to apply it both in higher and lower temperatures.

The work trucks paint looks still awesome! And with so little maintance even more impresive. Would be very interesting to hear how you experience when it`s time to reapply a coating like this. How it is with contaminants when you prep it. Do you have any work truck that it`s time to reapply this winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BudgetPlan1- Yes indeed, still looking great for a work truck. Heh heh, with a little, uhm...creative photography...somebody else could post that up as a wonderful fresh detail
    Don`t ya just love cell phone pics? Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Everything just looks so good...whether it really is or not. Cell phone pics at a gas station at night always look crazy good. :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by bodidly22 View Post
    I really find it hard to recommend anything else other than Cquartz Ti02 and UK 3.0 - for the DIY enthusiast they are hard to beat
    Was the first real mainstream coating I used. Has just been quietly exceeding expectations. Haven`t really watched it closely but everytime I see it, looks pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Do you have any work truck that it`s time to reapply this winter?
    I think this is the 13th one I`ve done when new, probably 6 other older ones I did at one time or another. Older ones are a few of the coatings that are close to done if not already done. Dunno if I`ll get to any of them after the 4 new ones.

If I do I`ll probably just wash em, wipe down with Kleen-Strip/Eraser and go over with CanCoat or Overcoat to get em thru the summer of 2020. Don`t see a reason to recoat as they`re next on the chopping block, probably gone next year.

And at some point this Winter I`ll probably have to do a little actual `work` at work which unfortunately interferes my my personal curiosity/interests. Very inconvenient. Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Likes SWETM, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coating w/ no real prep...

Coating w/ no prep

Bored today, decided to coat the front half of the truck w/ no prep aside from a wipedown.

Wiped down w/ heavy and then light application of IGL Pre-Clean then just started to coat. Obviously defects abound, truck was last *correctly* prepped and coated with Gyeon Mohs in Autumn 2016.

KInda weird as the coating applicator slid across the obviously contaminated surface, could feel the `baggie test` contamination. Appeared as if the solvents in the coating loosened up some grime that the Panel Wipe didn`t get, applicator was slightly dirty.

Pretty familiar w/ how this coating performs so will be obvious to me if lifespan/performance is degraded significantly or just turns out to be an appearance thing (Garbage In, Garbage Out).

Not gonna mention the specific coating as if someone comes and finds this in the future, don`t wanna give any poor impressions of coating due to lack of prep. Reading Comprehension sometimes lags behind results and specifics of application.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-noprep1.jpg
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-noprep2.jpg
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-noprep3.jpg
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-noprep4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes The Guz, William_Wallace, tom p., SWETM, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating w/ no real prep...

Interesting. So it can also clean

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Not gonna mention the specific coating as if someone comes and finds this in the future, don`t wanna give any poor impressions of coating due to lack of prep. Reading Comprehension sometimes lags behind results and specifics of application.

Good idea
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny.... you were “done” messing around with coatings 494 posts ago....Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts.... Let’s get it up to 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Funny.... you were “done” messing around with coatings 494 posts ago....Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts.... Let’s get it up to 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Title is kinda `ironical`, no? Doh!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread Information