Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Thanks for your update!

Interesting reading and foundings. I don`t know how it is with Gliss v2. But Gliss v1 seemed to not be so durable and also don`t like tar removers which is a bummer in the environment I live in. If Gliss v2 is more chemical resistant as the CQUK coating it can be an option for me if going full blown coating later on. Or maybe the next best thing in the Carpro range CQUK topped with Classic/TiO2. Really glad they manage to upgrade the CQUK coating to a better version than before. The consumer range of it in hard environments has been awesome from it. But a little finicky application in the old version of CQUK.

Seems like the Miyabi and Zipang combo is for a real torture test LOL.

Carpro Reset car soap is just awesome. Have not tested Gyeon Bathe but as you mentioned is what I have heard from those that have tested both. But many also says that in the cleaning ability Gtechnic G-Wash is a notch better than Reset. And Reset has more lubrication than G-Wash. Tac System Mystic Bubble is one I have used and is almost on par with Reset. Tac System and Carpro products is very alike and with a better price on Tac System I have tested more from them. Don`t know if it`s a simualar difference in the US. But there coatings is also very alike. Tac System UHS coating would be interesting to hear how it is. One coating that is almost like a pro offering for the consumer range. Otherwise the Sparkle and Power Plus coatings is like the TiO2 and CQUK it says.

The Bigboi has been haveing my eyes opened when you where impressed by it. Nice when you find tools that works more than expected.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Thanks for your update!

Interesting reading and foundings. I don`t know how it is with Gliss v2. But Gliss v1 seemed to not be so durable and also don`t like tar removers which is a bummer in the environment I live in. If Gliss v2 is more chemical resistant as the CQUK coating it can be an option for me if going full blown coating later on. Or maybe the next best thing in the Carpro range CQUK topped with Classic/TiO2. Really glad they manage to upgrade the CQUK coating to a better version than before. The consumer range of it in hard environments has been awesome from it. But a little finicky application in the old version of CQUK.
    Gliss V2 also has the `No Tar Remover` warning so if that`s something you need to do often, likely not up your alley. CarPro was, overall, one of the pleasant surprises all around with Eraser, Reset, Essence and the coating package.

Gtechniq was a drag, though...such lofty expectations from what I have read. It`s still a very nice product, maybe thinking it would be amazing with EXO was my mistake in setting the bar so high. A great combo for sure but not earth shattering.

Seems like the Miyabi and Zipang combo is for a real torture test LOL.
    Yeah, that didnt quite go as planned. The guy I thought we were giving the vehicle to was one who piles on tons of miles, probably 30k between April thru October...that would a been a nice usage scenario in relatively brief time.

Guy who ended up with it lives on a farm I think, have heard him talk about his goats and chickens before. This thing is going to be ruined by Fall as he also has no interest in even running it through a touchless wash on occasion. Truck he worked out of last year was a disaster inside and out by end of season; no way would I have picked that vehicle if I knew who was gonna be assigned to it. I get that they`re work vehicles and all but have a *little* respect. It`s probably parked in a chicken coop each night from the looks of things. Oh well...

Carpro Reset car soap is just awesome. Have not tested Gyeon Bathe but as you mentioned is what I have heard from those that have tested both. But many also says that in the cleaning ability Gtechnic G-Wash is a notch better than Reset. And Reset has more lubrication than G-Wash. Tac System Mystic Bubble is one I have used and is almost on par with Reset. Tac System and Carpro products is very alike and with a better price on Tac System I have tested more from them. Don`t know if it`s a simualar difference in the US. But there coatings is also very alike. Tac System UHS coating would be interesting to hear how it is. One coating that is almost like a pro offering for the consumer range. Otherwise the Sparkle and Power Plus coatings is like the TiO2 and CQUK it says.
    May get into TAC at some point, maybe next year...have heard some good things about UHS. Have a bottle of Moonlight inbound; didnt do too well for me back in 2017 so wanna give it another go given its many favorable reviews. Maybe just an isolated case 2 years ago so wanna try again.

The Bigboi has been haveing my eyes opened when you where impressed by it. Nice when you find tools that works more than expected.
    Used it again today after washing new car...just so freakin` handy and effective. Did order the BlowrPro as well last week but wont be in until end of May...`More Power` and all that. Overkill for me but gonna hang on wall so all I gotta do is drag out the 30ft hose. Laziness drives many of my decisions...
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will say that Gliss V2 is a notch above in terms of slickness over V1. Application is the same. V2 feels so much nicer. Pretty darn close to Gyeon Skin.

I just put them side by side on my car to get a true durability of both over the next few months.

Yeah I do t know what to think about 22ple VX Pro2 at this point. I’m not sold on Finitura. Thought it was terrible in overall performance. The only thing nice about it is the slickness.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1, Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm that is not going to be a product for me the Gliss v2. But hey all products don`t suit everyone. And that`s what is so great with all different kind of products out there. With the physical disability I have I can`t do maintance washes as often as I want to. And during the winter months it can be long time between washes cause of the weather.

If we take Gyeon Syncro kit and Carpro CQUK/Gliss combo and even Gtechnic CSL/EXO combo. When and if the top coating wears off. Does the base coat caractics comes through and be what you have? Have been wondering about this for sometime and something that is rarely discussed. Sure it would be wearing down uneven. Or does the top coating bond chemically so it`s basicly done when the top coating is done. I mean the Syncro kit with Mohs and Skin is very different in behaviors. And when Skin is done the behavior could be something you don`t like. So another question that comes is how much does the base coating to excell the top coating. Or can it be that you could benefit as much with only the top coating on it`s own. Here would be the Gliss v2 as Skin is not available on it`s own. IIRC CSL/EXO has some chemical bonding when used together. Sure for customers this can be a non issue but for personal use the little more extreme behavior would be a reason to reapply when the top coating wears off. So what would you miss with only use Gliss v2 vs CQUK/Gliss v2 for an example?

Hehe totaly understand that you would have want the Miyabi and Zipang combo for someone that does a little maintance at least. Can be really interesting if it should hold up until the fall. And see if the self healing ability is still there and if it`s seems like it has worked during this time.

Really interesting testing with Skin vs Gliss v2 you have going on. And nice to hear that Carpro upped the v2 to be like Skin or near it.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Took about a year but finally got around to doing Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang on one of our cars. Went on nicely, especially the Miyabi on top of the Zipang layer, almost sealant like in application and removal.

As temps in garage climbed into low 80`s by the 3rd layer (Zipang), could not move quite as quickly w reagards to apply/remove.

Seems to be a bit more `overtly` glossy than the Miyabi/ISM combo but that`s probably all I my head. Nothing looks better than a car when ya just finish it. Especially under florescent lights in a garage at night. Through the lens of a cell-phone camera. Optimum conditions for it looking better than reality.

Anyway, will let it sit inside for at least 36hr; car doesnt really go many places in Summer so could be sitting in there for a while. Pondered letting it go on it`s own but it would be near unholy for me not to slather Overcoat upon it so it`ll get that.

The Miyabi/ISM I polished off was applied in October, 2016 and was still doing very well, i really didnt plan to redo until next year. With its limited use and new place in the garage, i figure the Miyabi/Zipang will still be doing well for a few years.

We`ll see what happens going forward with it. Such a nice color of blue too.
    Likes bob m, Mary B, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your car looks great!

Washed, applied Eraser and then applied the Kamikaze coating Zipang, followed by Miyabi then a final coat of Zipang. Well, almost done. Only got to apply the last coat to half the car. Weather permitting will finish up in am. Will hold off if rain is in the picture. Goofed up the hood though and I am thinking will/may redo later.
    Todd was right about Zipang - I left that dropper in there for an hour - big mistake started to crystalize.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get a reformulation of your list now that you have more experience under your belt? I am inbetween getting Feynlab CLite/TopCoat, CSL+EXO, and SYNCRO.

Post Thanks / Like

That color looks great. I’m holding back my order from europe as I am satisfied with (surface wash) but still interested in Bilt Hamber auto foam. Just need on or two more things to do it. Do you feel KkOCv3 is better than v1 in self cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStrikes View Post
    Can we get a reformulation of your list now that you have more experience under your belt? I am inbetween getting Feynlab CLite/TopCoat, CSL+EXO, and SYNCRO.
    For what I look for in a coating, list/favorites really hasnt changed much.

The CSL/EXO is nice but self-cleaning lags behind Kamikaze, the Feynlab was OK but nothing exceptional in that area either.

While others are enjoying Syncro, it really fell off for me after a few months.

I try to keep all my current thoughts at below blog...got too difficult to keep updated notes everywhere I left them so kinda now centralize all thoughts here:
    https://budgetplan1.wordpress.com/gl...amic-coatings/
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    That color looks great. I’m holding back my order from europe as I am satisfied with (surface wash) but still interested in Bilt Hamber auto foam. Just need on or two more things to do it. Do you feel KkOCv3 is better than v1 in self cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to say as the blue car really hasnt seen any real driving or rain since application of Overcoat V3. I *think* that in addition to outright performance, ease of use increases which each subsequent release of Overcoat.

On another note, finally rained where I`m at today so after about 800 miles (99% freeway) finally got a chance to see rental car with CanCoat on drivers side, TAC Moonlight on passenger side:
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Coatings=crack, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The irony of the name of this thread grows with every post and I like it.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Bobh591, BudgetPlan1, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by showbbq View Post
    The irony of the name of this thread grows with every post and I like it.
    Maybe someday it`ll be true. Until then we can just enjoy the irony!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStrikes View Post
    I have not used Feynab. But I would take the CSL/Exo combo over Syncro. You can read about my syncro journey here. Your experience may differ but it is not a coating combo I will revisit.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...mohs-skin.html
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

On another note, finally rained where I`m at today so after about 800 miles (99% freeway) finally got a chance to see rental car with CanCoat on drivers side, TAC Moonlight on passenger side:
    FWIW, got to drive in moderate rain today for about 200 miles. At 70mph the Moonlight beads were moving off of hood and towards windshield at a much quicker rate than CanCoat. If it were a bead foot race from leading edge of hood to cowl, Moonlight wins handily.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Man dude your gonna be the first.To get a ticket officer sorry but I was watching the beads not my speed.LMAO
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    Man dude your gonna be the first.To get a ticket officer sorry but I was watching the beads not my speed.LMAO
    "It`s not speeding, sir; it`s research!"
    Likes Coatings=crack, T-man143, Tc99m liked this post

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread Information