Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

have you tried any of the clearfinish products line of coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    have you tried any of the clearfinish products line of coatings?
    Nope...have not heard much about them but they are on the radar due to the Titanium Premium Quartz product that claims some self healing properties. I can just never remember the name when I`m looking for new things to buy/try.

Titanium Premium Quartz Coating is a 3-5 year 9H coating that can be applied to paint, glass, rims and trim. Titanium Premium Quartz Coating takes 20-30 seconds to flash. Very durable and has self healing properties in it. Comes with 2 suede stitched applicators. VOC compliant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Syncro update

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    RL, are these both booster-type products? Thanks.

(I`ve only used RELOAD, nothing else...)
    They are considered coating toppers, but either one would make a very good stand alone sealant. Reload lasts about 2 weeks where these are still looking brand new after 2 months. If your vehicle is mostly garaged Reload is ok, but on a DD I would get Premier or Overcoat for more protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I`m guessing I`m gonna have leftovers of all the coatings/boosters and such so I`ll find a vehicle and do different panels with different products, can easily split a panel w/ Reload on part, Gliss on another. Gotta use Reload on something as I`ve never tried it. Do you think Gliss would take well to 2 layers ro should I just stop at one?
    I understand you want to give reload a shot but I just find it rather redundant applying so soon on top of gliss. But that is just me. If you have the time then by all means go for it.

As far as two coats I think one coat is enough at least being used as a topper. As a stand alone maybe two coats would make sense and I believe it is a 1 hour wait time between coats. I guess if you have the time and want to use the entire bottle then go for it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Syncro update

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    They are considered coating toppers, but either one would make a very good stand alone sealant. Reload lasts about 2 weeks where these are still looking brand new after 2 months. If your vehicle is mostly garaged Reload is ok, but on a DD I would get Premier or Overcoat for more protection.

Excellent. Thanks for that.

A couple of weeks ago I polished one of the DDs with ESSENCE and followed with a RELOAD wipe down. It looks excellent for the amount of time invested. Beading is crazy. This particular car is sitting outside now.

I`ve got a boat-load of RELOAD. Need to try to use some of that up. Will certainly try one of these products you mention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Excellent. Thanks for that.

A couple of weeks ago I polished one of the DDs with ESSENCE and followed with a RELOAD wipe down. It looks excellent for the amount of time invested. Beading is crazy. This particular car is sitting outside now.

I`ve got a boat-load of RELOAD. Need to try to use some of that up. Will certainly try one of these products you mention.
    IGL Ecocoat Premier would be excellent with Essence as a low cost, durable, high shine package. Kind of a coating lite package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes tom p. liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m guessing I`m gonna have leftovers of all the coatings/boosters and such so I`ll find a vehicle and do different panels with different products, can easily split a panel w/ Reload on part, Gliss on another. Gotta use Reload on something as I`ve never tried it. Do you think Gliss would take well to 2 layers ro should I just stop at one?

We do get occasional comments from clients, usually along the lines of "Do you guys wash your vehicles every week, they`re always so clean..." and some of the guys who drive them end up asking to have their personal cars done. Drivers of the van really like good windshield coatings as well. Likely do all the windshields in the in Kamikaze Instenso as I`ve still got about 50ml of that left.

I`m getting near the 2 year anniversary of when I started mucking about with vans/co-workers cars; just nice to come in every day to see how cars/vans with different coatings are doing. Right now, every day I see vehicles done with:

Cquartz TiO2
    Gyeon Syncro
    Gyeon One
    22ple HPC
    Kami Miyabi + ISM
    Gtechniq CSL + Gyeon CanCoat
    Gyeon Prime + Gyeon CanCoat
    Gyeon CanCoat
    Gyeon Mohs + Gyeon Booster
    Nanolex Si3D
    Feynlab Ceramic + Feynlab Topcoat
    Gloss Shop Ceramic V2

...and probably a few others with partial panels done with things like Polish Angel Master Sealant + Rapidwaxx, Kami Overcoat (with and without Infinity Wax under it), IGL Premier (still hangin on) Feynlab Ceramic Sealant, PA Cosmic Spritz, etc.

It`s really enjoyable in the summer when it starts raining. Considering most vehicles don`t receive `Autopian OCD-ish) care, the durable ones with great self cleaning really stand out.

Entertainment is where ya find it...
    Awesome! You have created your own coating heaven LOL. That can be a big thing for the company that they look clean and presenteble. And all information you share with us is just outstanding. And that you follow up and have us updated is so much worth and very interesting as well. This is a very unique information from coatings and toppers at the same place.

It`s entertainment just to read about it too
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You da man BudgetPlan1. Keep up the good work. Very entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I understand you want to give reload a shot but I just find it rather redundant applying so soon on top of gliss. But that is just me. If you have the time then by all means go for it.

As far as two coats I think one coat is enough at least being used as a topper. As a stand alone maybe two coats would make sense and I believe it is a 1 hour wait time between coats. I guess if you have the time and want to use the entire bottle then go for it.
    Yeah...I dont wanna `disrupt` the benefits of Gliss w Reload...I`ll find something to use Reload on. I`m curious to see how CQUK + Gliss compares to Syncro.

Gliss mentions fluorine in its formulation as does Gyeon Booster, which certainly outdid the Skin in Syncro with regards to longevity...minus the great initial slickness and visually entertaining water behavior.

Have high hopes for the Essence + CQ UK x 2 + Gliss x 1 combo...in theory it sounds like a very durable solution.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan 1 is the Man. He`s sent me several samples to try out and always pays for shipping. I`ve learned tons from him.
    He`s A Giver, not a Taker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question from a noob, BP1 have you applied CQUK3 yet? I ask as I have a bottle of it and plan on using in spring but wanted to know what you thought of applying it. I’m tempted to sell it and go with kamikaze or 22ple based of what forums seem to like (been reading for a while, like this thread). Not worried they’ll last longer or protect better will probably apply Clutch or Viking spritz monthly. Things I’m wondering is are the visually superior and are the easier to apply. I have a 2016 black mustang, shiny black no metallic.

“Help me BP1 your my only hope”. Get it? Cuz he’s like a coating Jedi.... also anyone who’s used all three your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Quick question from a noob, BP1 have you applied CQUK3 yet? I ask as I have a bottle of it and plan on using in spring but wanted to know what you thought of applying it. I’m tempted to sell it and go with kamikaze or 22ple based of what forums seem to like (been reading for a while, like this thread). Not worried they’ll last longer or protect better will probably apply Clutch or Viking spritz monthly. Things I’m wondering is are the visually superior and are the easier to apply. I have a 2016 black mustang, shiny black no metallic.

“Help me BP1 your my only hope”. Get it? Cuz he’s like a coating Jedi.... also anyone who’s used all three your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Don`t be afraid about using CQUK 3.0. It is pretty straight forward to apply. Much easier to apply than the previous version. I have had it on my car for 4 months now and it is performing pretty well thus far. Give it a try and if you don`t like it then try one of the other down the road. I have all three versions of 22ple coatings that I am going to be trying out shortly and I will see how they hold up after a year.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Thanks
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... Have not used CQ UK 3 yet, will likely give it a go in next week or 2. I have high hopes for it based on respected folks here experiences with it.

Should you sell it? Probably not...while I like what I like for a variety of reasons that sure dont mean it`s the greatest in all the land...it just ticks `my` boxes. I`m a Cquartz/CarPro newbie for the most part...maybe I`m missing out on something great.

Wont know until I give it a go and watch it work. I`m kinda done looking for something `better`, for the most part...just like trying new stuff for the sake of experiencing it. Always more Unicorns to chase if you`re so inclined, never ending quest.

I`ve never used a truly bad product and given the results I`ve read so far regarding CQUK 3, I`m sure you`ll be pleased with it.

I certainly know what it`s like to get a bit wrapped up in this, wondering this better or that better; problem being I sometimes get ahead of myself and end up with stuff I either have to work too much to finally use it...or end up not using/giving it away....kinda a dumb way to go about it but, end of day, still fun...but I wouldn`t wish that behavior on anyone Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This is further testing after my initial side by side testing. I noticed that IGL Ecocoat Premier and Kamikaze Overcoat were still holding up after most of the others were no longer viable. They both are being used as stand alone products and are doing great at almost two months with no signs of deterioration, amazing. By far the best spray and wipe products I have ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I`m looking for easy solutions for my daughter and son-in-law now they are maintaining their own vehicles. The easier the product is to use the most likely they might do it and keep their vehicles protected.
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In for a penny, in for a pound. May as well go all-in on the CarPro vehicle; Essence, CQUK V3, Gliss V2...although topping Gliss with Reload may be a step backward, no?
    I forgot to tell you that I did add Reload to the drivers side rear door to compare it to the drivers side door which has 4 month old CQUK 3.0 + Gliss 2 weeks ago after a wash. Reload had about 3 1/2 days for it to cure before we got rain here in Southern California. I know it sounds odd saying that and even hearing that. I washed it over the weekend and Reload is nice and all but it`s water behavior wasn`t as impressive as the CQIK 3.0 + Gliss side. It seemed to hold onto water a little more but at the same time the beading was not as tight.

I will see if I notice how long Reload hangs around over the next few weeks.
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread Information