Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Awesome looking truck! Really got it to shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Finally completed my detail this weekend, I would have to say the Miyabi products I used are unbelievably easy to use! I`m no professional by a long shot but reading tips and some advice from BudgetPlan1 helped allot--My prep and the products I used:

* Washed and Clay bar
    * Griot’s perfecting cream
    * Wipe down with Gyeon Q2M prep
    * 1 coat MIYABI COAT
    * 1 coat ISM
    * Overcoat after each wash

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0556.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0560.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0557.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0568.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0567.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0571.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-img_0569.jpg
    Nice! Will be interesting to see how it does waaayyy up North. Never seen the combo on white...looks very good.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man---the process was time consuming but really easy to apply and take off, its been in the garage since Sat letting the sealant cure the best it can. I really hope this stuff makes for that real gritty feeling just fall off when water hits it, usually on my other cars no matter what wax I use the paint feels like sandpaper after a while on the messy roads when they get wet and slushy and the only way to make the paint smooth again is clay bar it.
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX
    Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quick look at IGL Quartz and 22ple side-by-side

Original Post: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Nothing done since 01-01-2017 application except for drving around in the NE Ohio Winter; lotsa salt and brine laid down on the road so far this year. No real conclusions drawn from these pics as just happened to walk by van in warehouse this morning, figr`d I`d snap some pics. Strip in the middle is untouched after compound/polish. Apparently it`s quite funny to watch while driving in rain and left side sheets, right side sheets and untouched middle just kinda `exists`.

Side by side:
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-igl_22ple.jpg

IGL Side:
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-iglside.jpg

22ple Side:
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-22pleside.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes nickclark08, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use the ISM on their windshield/windows--just thinking of places to use it up lol-----
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Anyone use the ISM on their windshield/windows--just thinking of places to use it up lol-----
    Not sure that how that would go...got any granite countertops? Works very nicely on those as well. Solid surface shower walls? Easy cleaning...touch up with Overcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Syncro

2 coats of Mohs on, Skin coming up in an hour or two. Forgot how classy Mohs looks on it`s own. Enjoyed the new Mohs though nor really sure I could tell difference in application vs original. Always liked the near instant bonding/wipe off with Mohs. Applied with Gyeon block and microfiber applicator cloth(s), about 40ml used for 2 coats of all but roof. About 64-68 degrees in warehouse, 2 hrs between Mohs coats, 5hrs between Mohs and impending Skin. Gyeon PolishWipe for initial removal wipedown, followed by final buff with Rag Company Wizard.

For a full review of Syncro, check out the detailed, in-depth `The Guz` review: https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...mohs-skin.html

Did roof with McKees V2; will split into 3 sections and top with Kami Overcoat, 22ple VS1 and HydroSilex Recharge. Tacky application of the McKees...not a fan. Really not a fan of the spray top dispensing method (ended up using microsuede wrapped block and pipette to dispense). Will use on roofs of 2 other vans then probably done with it; other similarly priced options I prefer for these particular situations. I`m sure it`s great stuff (I was actually pretty impressed with V1) just not worth the application inconvenience to me.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-mohs.jpg
    Likes WashRinseRepeat, glfnaz, SWETM, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to following how that roof goes. Thanks for doing this.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No problem...interesting stuff. Should I do a second coat of McKees?

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Looking forward to following how that roof goes. Thanks for doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    No problem...interesting stuff. Should I do a second coat of McKees?
    Up to you.....my interest is really on the maintenance products going head to head. I don`t know how you are going to `track` it though. Don`t those trucks go out for the spring and summer without coming back? Or is this one parked at the business at night?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work budgetplan!

Do you apply mohs on the trim aswell? Has the TRC wizard a lower nap than the polish wipe?

Fun to do some testing side by side as you are doing to the roof. Will be intresting to see your thoughts about them after a while

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Up to you.....my interest is really on the maintenance products going head to head. I don`t know how you are going to `track` it though. Don`t those trucks go out for the spring and summer without coming back? Or is this one parked at the business at night?
    Most show up each morning after their early jobs so I`ll get to see it with some regularity.

I`ll ponder a second coat; question of motivation and timing. Climbing up there (pallet `work platform` strapped VERY securely on towmotor, only about 2` up...cuz I got long moneky arms) is still a bit arduous to arrange if I need to use the towmoter for, you know, actual work or something between second coat and booster application. I strap that thing on there (with 2x4 railings) like nobody`s business.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Nice work budgetplan!

Do you apply mohs on the trim aswell? Has the TRC wizard a lower nap than the polish wipe?

Fun to do some testing side by side as you are doing to the roof. Will be intresting to see your thoughts about them after a while
    Thank you...always an adventure.

The wizard is a longer (medium) nap that the Gyeon PolishWipe:

The Rag Company Edgeless WIZARD is a medium pile, plush microfiber detailing towel designed from the same South Korean AA-Grade 70/30 blend microfiber (highest available) as the best-selling EAGLE 600 Edgeless towel into a lower pile polishing towel. The WIZARD creates itself a niche in the towel market by offering you an intermediate towel in between a low-pile, short-nap towel and a longer-nap, super-soft towel.
    Well, heck...we *know* what`s gonna win the roof battle between Kamikaze, 22ple and HydroSilex, don`t we?
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Syncro done.

In a word...SLICK. After Skin it was slick as snot, slicker than any other coating I`ve tried and slicker than even the 22ple Finitura & IGL Premier booster products; well, I consider them boosters anyway even though all the spray SiO2 products seem to be transitioning (marketing-wise) to stand alone products.

Towel on hood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rifAcxZO6o

Yes, the towel hit the floor...Doh!

Skin easy and fun to apply, little goes a long way and in addition to the slickness, kicked the gloss up on the red a bit. Neat stuff, really cool at first glance/touch. Question is will it translate in great hydrophobic and self cleaning behavior and maintain durability? Time will tell.

Aside from the roof, got 2 coats Mohs and 1 coat Skin outta 50ml Mohs and 30ml Skin. Guess I coulda done the roof too but ya just never know how far this stuff will go.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-syncro_bottle.jpg

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-syncro_skin.jpg

Overall a nice, enjoyable product to use; if it holds up and stays clean it`ll definitely be on the list of usable products for me. Pretty strong chemical smell from both Mohs and Skin. The 2 coats Mohs with an hour between and then 1 coat Skin 4 hours after last Mohs layer does take up a bit of time...hope it`s worth it.

On to the next...

Post Thanks / Like

Good feedback on syncro. The slickness of skin is great.

After a few washes it’s slickness has stayed around. Really nice water behavior in the rain and so far the self cleaning behavior is good.

I still don’t know if I will use cure or just wash and leave it as is.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

22ple HPC Revisited

Finally got a chance to revist the van that had 22ple HPC applied in March 2017.

20K miles since application, sits outside 24/7 from April thru November, gets to be inside every other week from December thru March.

Baggie test indicated very slight contamination so I clayed it with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay: Claying a coated vehicle with 22ple Ultra Soft Glass Coat Clay

Wiped down with Gyeon Prep and then went over paint with 22ple Finitura. Finally got Finitura to *easily* play nice by replacing the `moisturizing lotion` style bottle top with the spray top from a bottle of 22ple VS1. After that, it applied quite nicely in a Gyeon CanCoat-ish fashion (spray into PolishWipe towel and apply to surface )although I let it sit for about 10 minutes before giving it a final buff to remove residue.

Guess I`ll top it with 22ple VS1 Final Coat tomorrow.

All in all, not bad for never being washed in over 20K miles, 22ple HPC is still near the top of the list of coatings I enjoy. Judging by baggie test, it had much less contamination than the Cquartz or Gtechniq CSL vans I revisited in October/November to give a little spruce up.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-hpc2.jpg

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-hpc1.jpg
    Likes MattPersman, SWETM liked this post

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information