Thread: Oberk?

Post Thanks / Like

Oberk?

So guys another polishes/compound question.

Who`s used their stuff? I was always drawn to their relatively simple system and i noticed recently carpro-us has their lineup for sale too. No idea how long and they only have a few brands besides carpro of course.

I was close to jumping into the rupes system head first last year but i never...while i do like the rupes DA fine and yellow pad.

I`m considering to buy a 2nd hand car this year to detail/polish and probably cancoat and resale. Many of you probably know now i work on ships so i have a lot of vacation time.

Mike Phillips always said get to know a system first..

I`m thinking of picking up the polish and yellow one step pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oberk?

The most notable Autopian who has recently used Oberks is Scottwax. Reference thread:
    Let`s see if I remember how to do these threads...my car plus a couple others
    GB detailer
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The most notable Autopian who has recently used Oberks is Scottwax. Reference thread:
    Let`s see if I remember how to do these threads...my car plus a couple others
    Thanks Lonnie. Its too bad more professionals don`t post here anymore.

Reading over the post i might just try optimum hyper polish now lol

Too be frank i was always put off by the french guy that worn the bowtie from optimum - i seen him in a mckee`s video recently wearing there t-shirt he was so uncomfortable! haha Maybe lake country gave him the boot. I`m from canada and french canadians by a large majority think they are better then english speaking people. I worked with a lot of them. One guy even told me he was taught in school he was better then english canadians. They are a different breed. Its kinda sad frankly. Anyhow lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I`m from canada and french canadians by a large majority think they are better then english speaking people. I worked with a lot of them. One guy even told me he was taught in school he was better then english canadians. They are a different breed. Its kinda sad frankly. Anyhow lol
    Then you Canadians wonder WHY truckers started the Freedom Convey. You Canadians are as divisive over a two-language society as we are in the USA about our two-party politics!

Language is still an issue, however, in America. Today (Tues., 15 Feb 2022) is primary election day in Wisconsin for local government offices and school board candidates. Ballots are printed in English. However, it is law that an interpreter MUST be provided in Hmong, Spanish, or ANY foreign language for those "legal" US citizens who do cannot or do not read or understand English to allow that person to vote. My question is how do you become a "legal" US citizen if you cannot speak or read English. The Unites States federal government allows that the Naturalization of Immigrants to US Citizenship Oath of Allegiance is given THROUGH AN INTERPRETER in a person`s native country`s language. Go figure in a country that uses English as its main language for commerce and government! I am sure to get flack for this posted comment from those whom English is a second language and have made that arduous task of learning to understand and speak English in some form, which is by no means "easy" to do (notice I did not say read or write). Which is why we in the USA need interpreters at voting time.
    GB detailer
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy who likes Oberk compound, but was not as impressed with the polish.

I`m still getting to know Oberk compound myself.

If you`re looking to relatively simple system, there are a few options, actually. Even the newer Rupes DA system. They did a pretty good job of making it way more simple. I posted some Powerpoint type slides somewhere.

Megs has their DA Microfiber line that works well enough for most users

3D has their ONE polish if you really want to keep it simple.
    Likes RMD, noorth liked this post

Thread Information