Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 541424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If a bottle of zipang ever falls off the back of the truck let me know Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Will do Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry hijacking the thread for a minute I saw on one of the detailing channels that Meguiars new coating is on clearance at Autozone. It is indeed $33.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Sorry hijacking the thread for a minute I saw on one of the detailing channels that Meguiars new coating is on clearance at Autozone. It is indeed $33.
    Thanks just got one to try out. Looks like discontinuing its possibility with now both AA and AZ stop carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just read all 55 pages that was started on 9-20-2017... So much great information! I do have a few questions

1. Is the Kamikaze Zipang Coat that much better than the Miyabi/ISM combo? I know Zipang is rated as a 5 year coating but what about looks?
    2. Someone mentioned that the OverCoat V3 isn`t as good as V1 and V2. Should I still stick with it or can I use something like Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz instead?
    3. Of all of the coatings that you have tried what is your most favorite combo?
    4. What glass coating do you like the best.
    5. What are you using as a decon wash on a coating? Would Gyeon Restart work?
    6. With the Kamikaze coating do you need to throw the towels away after use?

Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

As a total newb to coatings - Would it be better to have a professional apply the coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    As a total newb to coatings - Would it be better to have a professional apply the coating?
    Depends if you have the money to pay for the work. Coatings seem intimidating but they are not. Most of the work is in the prep.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post

but how will you learn if someone else does it for you?
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    Well I just read all 55 pages that was started on 9-20-2017... So much great information! I do have a few questions
    Tried to send ya a private message but your account does not allow them, option must be disabled in your profile.

I admire your perserverance, quite a long tale thread Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

1. Is the Kamikaze Zipang Coat that much better than the Miyabi/ISM combo? I know Zipang is rated as a 5 year coating but what about looks?
    It`s not so much `better` as it is `different`. Miyabi/ISM 1.0 is a touch more `rugged` and has a bit of a wax-like glow in my eyes. Zipang has a touch of candy gloss to it and has the benefit of *LIMITED* swirl reducing capabilities. Note the emphasis on LIMITED.

Miyabi/ISM 1.0 is easier to apply as well.

2. Someone mentioned that the OverCoat V3 isn`t as good as V1 and V2. Should I still stick with it or can I use something like Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz instead?
    Overcoat is still a great product but these days I like Cosmic Spritz and High Gloss Spritz to maintain the coatings. Over the years Overcoat has traded a bit of crazy water behavior for ease of use, slickness and looks.

2 coats of Miyabi topped w 1 layer of ISM 1.0

I`ve kinda got away from dedicated glass coatings. None I`ve found will make it thru a Ohio Winter and if I`m gonna have to reapply during Winter, one of the `kinda coatings` like Gyeon QuickView works best for me. Our Summer cars have Gyeon View, does well enough, application is easy, economical.

I liked Gtechnic G5 for a true glass coating but got tired of the application process. Angelwax H2GO was a nice `kinda coating` that was really easy to apply.

I wasn`t overly impressed with Restart coming out of a Ohio Winter. For a heavily used car, Gyeon Tar and then Gyeon Iron does nicely, for a less heavily used car, POLISHANGEL Ultrared.

Thanks for the help!
    As with all coatings, toss the towels...better safe than sorry. I have immediately soaked in cleaner and then washed but don`t bother anymore, just toss `em.

In the interest of full disclosure, about 2 months ago I took a job with the US distributor of Kamikaze & POLISHANGEL products. I preferred those products for years before I began working there but figured I`d mention it so you`d be aware. I retired the BudgetPlan1 username and now use Cayman S just to avoid any previous postings being tied to new job and hopefully any `conflicts of interest`.

Since you`re asking about long-past postings when i was tripping over cords in my garage, figrd it would be ok to answer without ruffling any feathers.

I kept all my detailing notes here if you like reading about this kinda stuff: Glass/Quartz/Ceramic Coatings – Kamikaze Miyabi, ISM, Zipang, NV Nova EVO, 22ple, Cquartz, Gtechniq CSL, EXO and more. | Life`s tough, wear a helmet.

Also worth noting that what someone prefers in a coating/product is just that...personal preference. Lotsa great products from a plethora of mfgs out there...no such thing as absolute, undisputed *best*...of anything.

Enjoy!
    Likes RPPM, Older, Fskof, Drblatz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Thanks just got one to try out. Looks like discontinuing its possibility with now both AA and AZ stop carrying.

That would be disappointing. It was an absolute breeze to use. I have no idea if it will last a full year, only another 361 days until I can verify that.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    That would be disappointing. It was an absolute breeze to use. I have no idea if it will last a full year, only another 361 days until I can verify that.
    Bought last night went to go pick up today and store lost power and the think someone stole it as it was last one.

Must not be meant to be. Not interested enough to pay full price.

Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help!
    Pick up a coating. I`ve only used 2, c.quartz and Nv EVO.

EVO in my opinion is easier to use. That said i doubt i would buy it again, c.quartz is so much cheaper. I applied it in May - c.quartz - and its still working fine.

Pickup up a 10ml bottle and tape off your bonnet or something. Its not difficult to use. I use regular microfiber applicators however. I can`t stand the blocks.

I would only use a wax if i have a garaged car. There is zero contest between a coating and wax for a daily driver. You will never be happy with a wax. Its junk. You will be chasing your tail. I can literally still "see" the coating on my car after mths outside. A wax is not like that at all IME it as no legs so to speak.

disclaimer: i jumped into coatings and machine polishing after only 2 years into detailing. Polishing is very important of course. My car looks clean nearly 90 percent of the time. Just because the panels are like mirrors. Dark colors rock lol My favorite polishing pad is lake country`s SDO orange. Great pad.

One thing i really don`t like about the "industry" is all the different pads. Shout out to DMX lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Pick up a coating. I`ve only used 2, c.quartz and Nv EVO.

EVO in my opinion is easier to use. That said i doubt i would buy it again, c.quartz is so much cheaper. I applied it in May - c.quartz - and its still working fine.

Pickup up a 10ml bottle and tape off your bonnet or something. Its not difficult to use. I use regular microfiber applicators however. I can`t stand the blocks.

I would only use a wax if i have a garaged car. There is zero contest between a coating and wax for a daily driver. You will never be happy with a wax. Its junk. You will be chasing your tail. I can literally still "see" the coating on my car after mths outside. A wax is not like that at all IME it as no legs so to speak.

disclaimer: i jumped into coatings and machine polishing after only 2 years into detailing. Polishing is very important of course. My car looks clean nearly 90 percent of the time. Just because the panels are like mirrors. Dark colors rock lol My favorite polishing pad is lake country`s SDO orange. Great pad.

One thing i really don`t like about the "industry" is all the different pads. Shout out to DMX lol
    Does NV look better than CqUK3? That was only full coating i’ve used (4 times). I liked that it ‘s one coat. I figure the difference is price is worth if it looks as good and last longer than 1 coat of Cquk3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Tried to send ya a private message but your account does not allow them, option must be disabled in your profile.

I admire your perserverance, quite a long tale thread Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

It`s not so much `better` as it is `different`. Miyabi/ISM 1.0 is a touch more `rugged` and has a bit of a wax-like glow in my eyes. Zipang has a touch of candy gloss to it and has the benefit of *LIMITED* swirl reducing capabilities. Note the emphasis on LIMITED.

Miyabi/ISM 1.0 is easier to apply as well.

Overcoat is still a great product but these days I like Cosmic Spritz and High Gloss Spritz to maintain the coatings. Over the years Overcoat has traded a bit of crazy water behavior for ease of use, slickness and looks.

2 coats of Miyabi topped w 1 layer of ISM 1.0

I`ve kinda got away from dedicated glass coatings. None I`ve found will make it thru a Ohio Winter and if I`m gonna have to reapply during Winter, one of the `kinda coatings` like Gyeon QuickView works best for me. Our Summer cars have Gyeon View, does well enough, application is easy, economical.

I liked Gtechnic G5 for a true glass coating but got tired of the application process. Angelwax H2GO was a nice `kinda coating` that was really easy to apply.

I wasn`t overly impressed with Restart coming out of a Ohio Winter. For a heavily used car, Gyeon Tar and then Gyeon Iron does nicely, for a less heavily used car, POLISHANGEL Ultrared.

As with all coatings, toss the towels...better safe than sorry. I have immediately soaked in cleaner and then washed but don`t bother anymore, just toss `em.

In the interest of full disclosure, about 2 months ago I took a job with the US distributor of Kamikaze & POLISHANGEL products. I preferred those products for years before I began working there but figured I`d mention it so you`d be aware. I retired the BudgetPlan1 username and now use Cayman S just to avoid any previous postings being tied to new job and hopefully any `conflicts of interest`.

Since you`re asking about long-past postings when i was tripping over cords in my garage, figrd it would be ok to answer without ruffling any feathers.

I kept all my detailing notes here if you like reading about this kinda stuff: Glass/Quartz/Ceramic Coatings – Kamikaze Miyabi, ISM, Zipang, NV Nova EVO, 22ple, Cquartz, Gtechniq CSL, EXO and more. | Life`s tough, wear a helmet.

Also worth noting that what someone prefers in a coating/product is just that...personal preference. Lotsa great products from a plethora of mfgs out there...no such thing as absolute, undisputed *best*...of anything.

Enjoy!

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions.

I`m currently using Polish Angel Cosmic V2 topped off with Cosmic Spritz. I absolutely love the looks of this combo on the four cars I applied it to. (Red, Black, Sapphire Blue, and Dark Silver.) I will see how it survives through our harsh Wisconsin winters but I have a feeling it won`t survive it. I usually apply Fusso Soft99 or FK1000P on my daily drivers that are used in winter because it just works and last`s but since I have the bug to try something new I was thinking about trying Kamikaze Miyabi/Ism combo and topping it off with Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz.

As for the glass coating I have been using Gyeon Quickview and have been very happy with the results

And for the decon wash I think I will stick with Gyeon Tar and Gyeon Iron.

I applied Kamikaze Stance on the wheels of all 4 cars back in July and have been very impressed so far. We will see how it survives our winter but I don`t think it will be a problem.

After seeing the results from the Kamikaze Stance, Gyeon Trim and Gyeon Quickview that made me want to try the Kamikaze combo or Gyeon CanCoat.

So are you working at Esoteric? if so that must be a fun place to work for.
    also, if you are what kinds of results are you seeing with PA Cosmic V2? because I do like the product so far but I did just apply it in July (3 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time

Post Thanks / Like

So are you working at Esoteric? if so that must be a fun place to work for.
    Indeed it is. If you`re into cars and detailing stuff, it`s a little slice of heaven...very nice people to work with.

also, if you are what kinds of results are you seeing with PA Cosmic V2? because I do like the product so far but I did just apply it in July (3 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time
    As mentioned in the vid`s, more of a `super sealant` than a true coating. Well-maintained with the Spritz you`ll get to the 12-18 month mark in a nice climate; WI or NE Ohio daily driver, probably 8-12 especially if you can`t wash/maintain in Winter.

Always happy to help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Indeed it is. If you`re into cars and detailing stuff, it`s a little slice of heaven...very nice people to work with.
    That`s pretty awesome! Congrats. Based on your other comments I wondered if that is what is going on, but didn`t want to pry into your personal life.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes 981 Cayman S, roscopervis liked this post
    Thanks 981 Cayman S thanked for this post

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 541424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information