Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjbiss View Post
    I let it sit overnight and just applied Boost. Another super easy product. Fairly slick but not as slick as something like Ethos Defy or Resist. Nice cloudy day to check one last time for high spots. Nothing I can see!!
    Did you let the car sit outside overnight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Did you let the car sit outside overnight?
    No, I have it garaged. Supposed to rain all next week, might have to use Uber my truck looks so good....lol
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update the coating bonded to the roof. Very nice small beads. Of course, it might not last long but CQUK is still doing fine on the rear panels that i applied in worst conditions in May. I will be happy with a solid year to be honest. Maintenance will be polish angel`s high gloss/rapidwaxx and ech20. Might pickup Nv Jet or Lustre not sure yet.

Now i have to knock out the rest of the car! Most all claying is done, i have to remove some over spray from a re-paint on the front quarter panel and the dreaded front bumper which is trashed. Maybe i will get it re-painted some day...or try touch up paints.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the wife drive the black Corvette every day after doing Lustre + Jet last weekend. Numerous pop up thunderstorms, sun, steady rain all last week and the car stayed relatively clean and shiny. No large waterspots, more like tiny pinhead sized spots here and there.

Back end always dirty but not too bad considering all the rainy day driving and sitting.

Did well enough that i did Lustre + Jet on her 24/7 sits outside Civic (coated w Kami Zipang in 2019)

Likes SNP209 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Had the wife drive the black Corvette every day after doing Lustre + Jet last weekend. Numerous pop up thunderstorms, sun, steady rain all last week and the car stayed relatively clean and shiny. No large waterspots, more like tiny pinhead sized spots here and there.

Back end always dirty but not too bad considering all the rainy day driving and sitting.

Did well enough that i did Lustre + Jet on her 24/7 sits outside Civic (coated w Kami Zipang in 2019)

Nice budget! The corvette is still one of my favorite cars. That honda is more my style though lol Looks similar in color to my car.

I have a young family now so i doubt i will ever spend high amounts of money on a car personally. I`ll save that for the detailing products! haha

Just noticed the licence plate on the back of the vette!! Haha! You ta man budget plan.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice budget! The corvette is still one of my favorite cars. That honda is more my style though lol Looks similar in color to my car.
    While i like the looks of the Vette, very bad-azz in black, not really such a fan of driving it. Fun and all but at 6`2" it just doesn`t fit me very well, kinda cramped on drivers side and passenger side is absurdly small for anyone over 5`6"...no legroom, knees in ears type of thing. Also drives like a big car to me. Cayman is far, far more roomy and comfortable; 400 mile road trip tomorrow and we`re taking Cayman as it`s the most comfortable car we own.

Of all of our cars (black, black, blue and gray) the Civic is my favorite color/car to look at. The Lustre + Jet combo though didn`t have as dramatic of an effect on it as it did on black. Nice for sure but not quite as `wow` as when i did Vette. Will probably go back to Polish Angel for that one.

When i washed Vette today i noticed a small `hole` in the hydrophobic behavior on the hood during foam, rinse, wash and rinse. Middle of last week i rubbed a tiny waterspot with my fingertip to see how tenacious it was. Yes, I rubbed the non freshly washed black paint with my bare finger!!!! Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... PPF does have its advantages! Anyway, it was like it easily removed a bit of the Jet...hmmm.

I have a young family now so i doubt i will ever spend high amounts of money on a car personally. I`ll save that for the detailing products! haha
    I guess its all relative; most of the guys i work with drive big honkin` pickup trucks and anytime they give me crap about the cars, turns out the sticker price of their trucks far exceeds anything i own; some of those things are like $80k and up, interiors like luxury cars Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Just noticed the licence plate on the back of the vette!! Haha! You ta man budget plan.
    Wife digs her personalized plates, still have the one from her first Vette (2004 that we kept for 15 years) on the garage wall. We did Collector plates on that one so we could avoid emissions testing that we have in our area. Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While i like the looks of the Vette, very bad-azz in black, not really such a fan of driving it. Fun and all but at 6`2" it just doesn`t fit me very well, kinda cramped on drivers side and passenger side is absurdly small for anyone over 5`6"...no legroom, knees in ears type of thing. Also drives like a big car to me. Cayman is far, far more roomy and comfortable; 400 mile road trip tomorrow and we`re taking Cayman as it`s the most comfortable car we own.

Of all of our cars (black, black, blue and gray) the Civic is my favorite color/car to look at. The Lustre + Jet combo though didn`t have as dramatic of an effect on it as it did on black. Nice for sure but not quite as `wow` as when i did Vette. Will probably go back to Polish Angel for that one.

When i washed Vette today i noticed a small `hole` in the hydrophobic behavior on the hood during foam, rinse, wash and rinse. Middle of last week i rubbed a tiny waterspot with my fingertip to see how tenacious it was. Yes, I rubbed the non freshly washed black paint with my bare finger!!!! Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... PPF does have its advantages! Anyway, it was like it easily removed a bit of the Jet...hmmm.

I guess its all relative; most of the guys i work with drive big honkin` pickup trucks and anytime they give me crap about the cars, turns out the sticker price of their trucks far exceeds anything i own; some of those things are like $80k and up, interiors like luxury cars Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Wife digs her personalized plates, still have the one from her first Vette (2004 that we kept for 15 years) on the garage wall. We did Collector plates on that one so we could avoid emissions testing that we have in our area. Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Yeah budget i probably wouldn`t fit well in a vette. I`m close to 300lbs and over 6 feet.

Lots of people buy crazy expensive trucks in canada too. Most don`t even know what a dual action polisher is lol. I can find other ways to spend money.

Post Thanks / Like

First week or so with NV EVO. I am really impressed with the "self cleaning" and hydrophobics. Rained 3x`s this week and my truck barely had any dirt, almost wasn`t going to wash it. I rinseless wash in my garage and Boost as a drying aid works great. Really happy with these products so far.

Have Jet and Lustre but am going to wait about a month to apply based upon the recommendation from NV to wait 3-4 weeks to ensure the coating is fully cured.

Post Thanks / Like

3M just released this coating I’m pretty interested in 3M™ CERAMIC COATING

3M Part Number #39901 Kit

• 3M Ceramic Coating (#39901) is designed as one formula for use on paint, glass, PPF, vinyl, wheels and plastic trim
    • 3M’s proprietary single formula simplifies the coating process and features a 4 hour fast cure time with no special equipment
    • 100% active ingredients with no carrier solvents, making it a low VOC solution compared to competitive options
    • Last for years with scheduled annual maintenance, with options for a 3 year or 5 year warranty when applied by a 3M Installer
    • Our ceramic coating is durable against road salts, acid rain, environmental contaminants and provides for easy maintenance
    • 3M Ceramic Coating has an excellent water beading effect and enriches your paints gloss & shine, sealing in and helping maintain the “wet look” of a new polish
    • Each ceramic coating kit contains (1) 40 ml bottle of coating, (1) applicator block with 3M logo, (8) micro-fiber applicator caps, (1) directions for use insert
    • For professional use only, 3M Warranty only applies to professionally installed treatments through a 3M Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sjbiss View Post
    First week or so with NV EVO. I am really impressed with the "self cleaning" and hydrophobics. Rained 3x`s this week and my truck barely had any dirt, almost wasn`t going to wash it. I rinseless wash in my garage and Boost as a drying aid works great. Really happy with these products so far.

Have Jet and Lustre but am going to wait about a month to apply based upon the recommendation from NV to wait 3-4 weeks to ensure the coating is fully cured.
    It does do quite well in that area and overall is quietly impressive. Now that it`s becoming more widely recognized, they seem to be getting a little more sensationalist in the marketing aspect:

A question we receive frequently about Nova Evo:

“What makes Evo a ‘Hybrid’ Ceramic Coating? What does that even mean?”

The truth is that the term Hybrid is often used as an empty buzzword in our industry; but in simple terms, Evo is an industry-first blend of Diamond Powder and Silicon Dioxide (SiO2). Without boring you to death, this simply means that Evo cures to a greater hardness, creates a more immersive gloss, and is generally more durable than most ceramic coatings - all while only requiring one layer rather than two or three.

Most manufacturers release dual-layer coatings or coatings that require ‘toppers’ (uh, Boost, anyone?) for one simple reason - it’s cheaper for them, and selling in separate bottles or layers is more expensive for you. It’s a profit game and often results in longer and more complicated coating installs.

Want to see Evo outperform just about every competitor it faces? Search ‘NV Nova Evo’ on YouTube. Choose any video or any comparison; the proof is on camera.

Why play the game — or worse — be played by the game? Get #Novacoated and leave marketing jargon and the predatory coating industry behind for good.
    It`s (so far) a pretty impressive product set, they should let it speak for itself (IMO).

Post Thanks / Like

It does do quite well in that area and overall is quietly impressive. Now that it`s becoming more widely recognized, they seem to be getting a little more sensationalist in the marketing aspect:

It`s (so far) a pretty impressive product set, they should let it speak for itself (IMO).
    Yeah, I don`t really understand why coating companies market like this other than it must work on the masses. I kind of tune it out because I just want something that looks good, is hydrophobic (because it is fun to watch) and provides some level of protection from road salt and chemicals. I don`t mind toppers because I am going to use one no matter what simply because I enjoy the process. Single layer is a plus though. I also don`t understand why people talk about SIC, SIO2, Graphene, etc because it means nothing to me. Some minor difference may exist but who the heck knows. I try to focus on what works, which is why I value this thread and forum because you get real world feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that too in the above messages. I must of missed that in NV read through about diamond powder guess they had to 1up everyone else.

Anyone know of any new items out or in the works!

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised they did not mention anything about the graphene in their hybrid formula.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I just read that too in the above messages. I must of missed that in NV read through about diamond powder guess they had to 1up everyone else.

Anyone know of any new items out or in the works!
    It appears to really be a bag-o-semantics or trying to align with a common message. When i used EVO last fall, The Guz pointed out it said `graphene` package so got some clarification from US distributor:

I ran across a note from an Australian website that sells NV Nova that indicates “diamond powder infusion” as well:`NV Nova EVO from Waxit

“Nova EVO is a silica and diamond powder infused coating.”

Now I’ve always rolled my eyes a bit at a coating mfg who notes “Diamond- Infused 10h hardness” because carbon is in the formula but perhaps I’ve just unknowingly experienced that as well…doh!
    Maybe this is Karma’s way of telling me it’s time to stop mucking about w/ coatings…it’s like I’m not even paying attention anymore.

Oh well, at the end of the day they could infuse Nutella in the mix and as long as it works well for me, it’s pretty much irrelevant but a curious revelation nonetheless.

02/10/2021:`Rec’d response from US Vendor re: Graphene/Diamond stuff.

"Thanks for reaching out. Nv Evo has both SIO2 and Graphene contents in it, this has been a part of the formulation since the products inception. The second statement which you found on wax it’s website, is the same statement in different terms which are more applicable to their Australian audience. Silica referring to SIO2 and diamond powder being graphene. We have not heavily marketed the graphene contents, as our primary focus has and always will be the real world functionality and results that the product provides, as opposed to what is in the coating. However, like in this instance, we are always happy to discuss the contents when requested.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, and thank you for your business."
    Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You have to admit, "diamond powder infused" does sound better than "graphene." LOL
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information