Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I understand completely and appreciate all that you’ve shared since you stopped messing around with coatings. But seriously, the only thing the others don’t have that are working with SiC is your experience with all of the other coatings you’ve worked with and the way you share your findings. If you change your mind and decide to try SiC over UK 3.0, let me know and I’ll order you 30 or 50 ml of each.

And I also appreciate the many that are sharing their experiences such as Coatings=Crack and The Guz and many others. I really value the opinions here more than other places and I haven’t seen any real SiC (over UK 3.0) reviews on Autopia, which I hope changes soon. Then again, I also understand why a 6 min coating flash time isn’t necessarily on the list for many.
    For me with its slickness and look (based on car crafts video) it`s the most exciting coating to come out in a while.

I`ve bought it already and can`t wait to see how it performs.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I understand completely and appreciate all that you’ve shared since you stopped messing around with coatings. But seriously, the only thing the others don’t have that are working with SiC is your experience with all of the other coatings you’ve worked with and the way you share your findings. If you change your mind and decide to try SiC over UK 3.0, let me know and I’ll order you 30 or 50 ml of each.
    Appreciate the offer, very cool of you.

Unfortunately for the forseeable future, i won`t have any time to give it a try. Had to squeeze in the Shine Suppy coating last week as soon I`ll be having to sadly do actual work at work as the pool season is starting this week.

Will be losing my workspace (and the willingness of management to allow me to indulge my complimentary interests) when there is actual `work` to be done Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... and early buy deliveries of seasonal supplies (22 tons of salt, 30 tons of other chemicals, etc) will be taking up every inch of warehouse.

Seasonal businesses are kinda flexible out of season but once season starts, absolute lunacy from Mid-March thru 4th of July. The vehicle that will receive most of my attention will soon be a greasy old towmotor Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

I`ll be watching any SiC experiences with interest as they come to pass but aside from shepherding the Cayman project and being a pest to the folks doing it, likely outta the `detailing game` for a bit.
    Likes dgage, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As always an enjoyable read and thread!

Evo might be one of the few detailing products that live up to the hype that comes along with the product. I have yet to see or hear any disgruntled users or bad experiences.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    As always an enjoyable read and thread!

Evo might be one of the few detailing products that live up to the hype that comes along with the product. I have yet to see or hear any disgruntled users or bad experiences.
    We`ll see how it does going forward; there`s been a few in the past that came outta the gate strong but kinda faded after a few months.

May as well see how this one (Beadlock Pro) cures. The one thing the cups have shown with some is that true curing takes more than a week. The EVO was quite flexible after a week but but really hardened up into a pretty rigid plastic-like consistency after the 2nd week.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-coatingcups.jpg

And every once in a while things fall into place and some relatively clean vans gather clos enough to get in a single pic; this kinda stuff is really entertaining for me in the midst of a really rainy spell:

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-4trucks.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

How would Cancoat be for wheels? I coated my Summer wheels with C5 last March but I`m replacing one because it got badly bent by a pothole. There is enough leftover C5 to coat the new wheel but it`ll have been opened almost a year ago and it has not solidified.

It`s not as if another 15ml of C5 is breaking the bank, but since I have fresh Cancoat on hand, other than longevity compared to C5, it should work totally fine. I swap between Summer and Winter wheels so I could always reapply Cancoat next Spring on the one wheel if it appears to have worn off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    likely outta the `detailing game` for a bit.
    Where have we heard this before haha. Oh wait wasn`t this what started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    How would Cancoat be for wheels? I coated my Summer wheels with C5 last March but I`m replacing one because it got badly bent by a pothole. There is enough leftover C5 to coat the new wheel but it`ll have been opened almost a year ago and it has not solidified.

It`s not as if another 15ml of C5 is breaking the bank, but since I have fresh Cancoat on hand, other than longevity compared to C5, it should work totally fine. I swap between Summer and Winter wheels so I could always reapply Cancoat next Spring on the one wheel if it appears to have worn off.
    CanCoat will do fine. It may not last long but it is still a good option. Add a couple coats and maintain it and you will be just fine. I have a 2 year old bottle of C5 and it never solidified even though I opened it and has been sitting on my shelf with the cap tight. Who knows if it is truly affected in performance as I don`t plan to use it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Where have we heard this before haha. Oh wait wasn`t this what started this thread.
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... Guilty!
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post

I have Cancoat as a topper on my wife’s SUV wheels (coated with PBL Wheel). It appears that Cancoat lasted from Northeast May into the beginning of winter (late November) before I applied another coat of Cancoat. The beading of Cancoat wheels is different than PBL, which is why I believe it was still present in November. I can’t speak much for the winter coat because that car has been used seldom this winter.

In addition, I layered 2 coats of PBL Wheel and two more coats of Cancoat on my Bimmer winter wheels in November-ish. That car has been our winter beast this year and I only cleaned the wheels 1 time all winter. Lots of caked-on salt and dirt plus the usual German brake dust. I washed the wheels today (2nd time since November) and they looked and showed performance as good as new, and it was definitely Cancoat beading. This is only 3 months but it was a torturous 3 months.

So I know being used as a topper isn’t the same as standalone, but overall I was impressed with Cancoat on wheels. I won’t hesitate to use as a topper again in winter time.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saw fireball open up us store that’s cool there making the effort. they have some interesting marketing pitch using 5 different kinds of SIO2 & TIO2. I wrote them off as another tac clone guess I was alittle off with that assumption. But then again I used to think Subarus were from Australia because of a commercial with one of their cars driving through the outback.. Doka Do being there big dog. Maybe some day.

once spring rolls around I plan on giving 3D, poorboys, duragloss tops/base and evo a go and maybe one of gloss shop coating try to go with home cooked coatings for the most part.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saw fireball open up us store that’s cool there making the effort. they have some interesting marketing pitch using 5 different kinds of SIO2 & TIO2. I wrote them off as another tac clone guess I was alittle off with that assumption. But then again I used to think Subarus were from Australia because of a commercial with one of their cars driving through the outback.. Doka Do being there big dog. Maybe some day.

once spring rolls around I plan on giving 3D, poorboys, duragloss tops/base and evo a go and maybe one of gloss shop coating try to go with home cooked coatings for the most part.
    You saw fireball us a while ago but all coatings are pro install only and only one sio2?topper.

I can get their other offerings from Gyeon or CarPro..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I have Cancoat as a topper on my wife’s SUV wheels (coated with PBL Wheel). It appears that Cancoat lasted from Northeast May into the beginning of winter (late November) before I applied another coat of Cancoat. The beading of Cancoat wheels is different than PBL, which is why I believe it was still present in November. I can’t speak much for the winter coat because that car has been used seldom this winter.

In addition, I layered 2 coats of PBL Wheel and two more coats of Cancoat on my Bimmer winter wheels in November-ish. That car has been our winter beast this year and I only cleaned the wheels 1 time all winter. Lots of caked-on salt and dirt plus the usual German brake dust. I washed the wheels today (2nd time since November) and they looked and showed performance as good as new, and it was definitely Cancoat beading. This is only 3 months but it was a torturous 3 months.

So I know being used as a topper isn’t the same as standalone, but overall I was impressed with Cancoat on wheels. I won’t hesitate to use as a topper again in winter time.
    Likewise, Cancoat (albeit needs 2 layers) excellent on alloys. Performs very well up to 6 months obviously durability is reduced by significant mileage, not maintaining them and regular use of potent wheel cleaners.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I could have swore that they used to be accessible all but there top 2 coatings. Seems like bad business decision coming in late to pro only market
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw turtle wax tin of Ceramic & Graphene wax claiming to contain 10 wax’s in the pots ingredients. If it’s reasonable priced that will be fun to play with the design looks good too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes JustJesus, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw turtle wax tin of Ceramic & Graphene wax claiming to contain 10 wax’s in the pots ingredients. If it’s reasonable priced that will be fun to play with the design looks good too.
    I hope this isn`t wandering off-topic but here`s a link to TW`s page: https://www.turtlewax.com/products/t...hene-paste-wax
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    I hope this isn`t wandering off-topic but here`s a link to TW`s page: https://www.turtlewax.com/products/t...hene-paste-wax
    It looks interesting I tried some of there line from seal and shine and the new line. I really don’t like anything other than seal and shine. I passed on the graphene new releases but it’s been about a year since I bought a wax. So I’m interested if anyone use def post.

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information