Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Thanks for the pic, wish I had saved my box to check. I remember when ordering there was a note about packaging being changed:

"AS OF 11/6/2020 NV NOVA EVO PACKAGING HAS CHANGED. THE 7X7 PACKAGING HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED "

Well, fool me once, shame on me...but fool me twice? From the Waxit website regarding NV Nova Evo:

“If you are looking for a professional grade coating that can be purchased at any level, this is a fantastic choice. Crazy durability, chemical resistance, water behaviour, gloss… Nova EVO does it all."

Nova EVO is a silica and diamond powder infused coating. This professional grade hybrid coating was created in the quest for a paint protective solution that incurred no compromise. The revolutionary coating boasts extreme levels of elemental protection & chemical resistance. Nova EVO can help mitigate light swirling & scratching through its unique friction eliminating surface structure. While Nova EVO creates a hardened sacrificial layer, this is not the underlying factor that helps mitigate swirls which a lot of companies misconstrue. With the addition of diamond powder the coating has a much stronger bond to the surface, also allowing it to last up to 3 years!"

I`ve always rolled my eyes at a particular coating mfg who touted their coatings` "Diamond-Infused 10h hardness" because it contained carbon (which turns into diamond in literally about a Billion years).

So now it turns out that I`ve used a coating (and quite honestly, really enjoyed it) with possible graphene *and* diamond in it, 2 things of which I`m somewhat skeptical. Methinks perhaps Karma is telling me it`s time to stop engaging in this coating nonsense...it`s like I`m not even paying attention anymore

I will admit to my heart being a bit heavy when I first saw that...

Fortunately I believe they will still be producing the non-graphene V2 of Stance, still my favorite wheel coating. The appeal of it (in addition to performance) is how easy it is to use. Very forgiving so can cover a lot of area before removal; the V3 w/ graphene is apparently a bit more cantankerous to use.

Hopefully the World eases up a bit by Summer so I`ll be able to ask him about that if the Annual Open House takes place and he is able to fly in for it...unfortunately 2 big IF`s at this point I`d say.

STEK had/has a coating that is like this as well.

Johns360??? How do you find this stuff
    This is very interesting, kind of making rethink graphene. My 2 year old Opt Gloss Coat is going to be replaced this spring and I have been trying to decide which coating to use. Everything I have read suggest this NV coating is highly regarded so if they are using graphene maybe it isn`t as gimmicky as we think. I`m no expert, just a weekend warrior who has done 1 coating. This thread is great BTW. BudgetPlan1, your experience is invaluable!
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sjbiss View Post
    This is very interesting, kind of making rethink graphene. My 2 year old Opt Gloss Coat is going to be replaced this spring and I have been trying to decide which coating to use. Everything I have read suggest this NV coating is highly regarded so if they are using graphene maybe it isn`t as gimmicky as we think. I`m no expert, just a weekend warrior who has done 1 coating. This thread is great BTW. BudgetPlan1, your experience is invaluable!
    Any other coating would be an upgrade over gloss coat. Choose one from a reputable brand and you will be just fine.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have no complaints about Gloss Coat. It was super easy to apply and performed well. I knew going in it wasn`t the glossiest or most hydrophobic but it is still performing after 2 years, including 2 NE winters.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sjbiss, its seems these graphane infused high solid coatings or whatever is going on, are holding up from the tests i seen on youtube. Just not revolutionary.

I`m don`t know much about IGL Kenzo but they even have an installer in my neck of the woods. A low population island called Newfoundland.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no complaints about Gloss Coat. It was super easy to apply and performed well. I knew going in it wasn`t the glossiest or most hydrophobic but it is still performing after 2 years, including 2 NE winters.
    Those sound like two fundamental complaints to me. Each to their own but to me I don`t get the point of durability if it`s not a super shiny, hydrophobic coating with great self cleaning?

Yeah there are other attributes to a coating but we`re interested enough in LSP performance to be on here discussing it !!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Those sound like two fundamental complaints to me. Each to their own but to me I don`t get the point of durability if it`s not a super shiny, hydrophobic coating with great self cleaning?

Yeah there are other attributes to a coating but we`re interested enough in LSP performance to be on here discussing it !!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I didn`t say it wasn`t shiny or hydrophobic, just that there are other products that excel here. It definitely outperforms a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually produce a rant against glosscoat and it turns into a rambling post. I will save everyone from reading it.

Thats good that it last the two winters though.

Post Thanks / Like

Ethos Graphene Matrix after sitting in cup for a week. Probably not indicative of fresh coating curing; bought in August 2020, opened and applied October 2020. Has sat on shelf since then as I watched the rGO settle out...shook up and poured in cup 6 or 7 days ago. Has the texture and behavior of a thin sheet of candle wax; note overly flexible, just cracks when bent a bit. :shrug: Interesting how the bottom layer is pitch black I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes noorth, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. Interesting stuff!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950

Thread Information