Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Great little test cups.

STEK Formula Quartz fits hopefully not a pro only. I want to use a coating that comes with a 5-10ml hardener or catalyst There a few out there but they seem like an interesting take and probably a consistent and durable layer is left.

I’ll also take a self leveling coating wipe in on and walk away would be great after polishing and preping no high spot worries. I’m sure manufacturers read these threads once in a while!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Reply from US Distributor on the graphene/diamond-powder thing:
    i guess they would rather let the performance of the product speak for itself unlike our good ole buddy Tim of Ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    LOL @BudgetPlan1,i probably would`ve of bought Nv Evo either if i knew it had graphene! lol I have the same box that Mike the Guz posted. It indeed states graphene infused.
    Lol didn`t mean to crush your dreams on finding a non-graphene coating.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Thats interesting about Kenzo. I noticed on Scott H longterm tests that kenzo and SPS graphene are neck to neck on a few youtube updates.

Nv Nova Evo doesn`t have that gray look though. Not sure about IGL Kenzo.

I`m also surprised sandro didn`t mention the graphene in Nv Evo. Thats assuming he`s aware of it.

I jumped the gun again, i just put Evo up to the light! Grayish type substance has settled to the bottom!! Carpro cquartz 3.0 is very clear and water like.

Hilarious i ended up with a graphene infused ninja coating! :

I would post a picture but i tried lastnight and it was an headache. Never did figure it out. Chromebooks are a little tricky.
    Kenzo is base and top both have graphene. Top seems to have a little more in it. It is a 2 part coating. Their IGL Quartz+ is the same.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    i guess they would rather let the performance of the product speak for itself unlike our good ole buddy Tim of Ethos.
    Really don`t hear too much from him anymore or maybe I`m just not paying attention Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

We`ll see how the EVO does, graphene, diamond-powder or Nutella-infused. The difference in terminology based on geography is interesting. Nice look, nice application and if you like your plastic trim to have a darker look w a touch of sheen to it, it`ll be a winner in that area. As i pass it more and more and glance at it, it definately darkens the paint more than any other coating I`ve used.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried this coating ? LABOCOSMETICA (CERAMIC COATING) #SAM 30ML + #HPC 30ML

They seem make some interesting products especially there new Iron Remover gel. Check them out on You Tube. They talk about 3Ph detail wash starting with alkaline wash then acid PH wash, end with neutral PH wash. I got a bunce of the Pro Detailer magazines from the UK been watching videos and reading. The Italian parent company is Ma-Fra which is old company like Koch Chemie from 1965.

I also watched XaronFR on You Tube he does some videos in English and showed how using the alkaline and acid wash on a ceramic coated truck that hadn`t been washed in 6 months how the beading properties on the sides had greatly diminished. He first washed the coated car Ph neutral soap then did again with Acid wash and all the beading properties came back on the coated Pickup.

BudegetPlan1 you and Mike are the ones that test the most coatings.
    Likes roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalDoc View Post
    Has anyone tried this coating ? LABOCOSMETICA (CERAMIC COATING) #SAM 30ML + #HPC 30ML
    Never really read that much about that one. Heard of it but never looked into it.

Wonder if we`re getting to the point where new/different coatings really aren`t much of either as far as truly differentiating functionality goes. Not that it`s a bad thing as i`m not sure what more I`d want out of a coating aside from truly exceptional (i.e. PPF-like) self-healing and/or impact resistance. Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

They seem make some interesting products especially there new Iron Remover gel. Check them out on You Tube. They talk about 3Ph detail wash starting with alkaline wash then acid PH wash, end with neutral PH wash. I got a bunce of the Pro Detailer magazines from the UK been watching videos and reading. The Italian parent company is Ma-Fra which is old company like Koch Chemie from 1965.

I also watched XaronFR on You Tube he does some videos in English and showed how using the alkaline and acid wash on a ceramic coated truck that hadn`t been washed in 6 months how the beading properties on the sides had greatly diminished. He first washed the coated car Ph neutral soap then did again with Acid wash and all the beading properties came back on the coated Pickup.

I have not heard of it. A friend of mine just sent me a link to a ceramic brand by the name of Wax Is Dead.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda Cured Coatings

Leftover Gloss Shop Titan and NV Nova Evo. Somewhat different outcomes after a week. The Titan (left) is kinda a soft, styrofoam-ish consistency, crumbled when I tried to pop it outta the little plastic cup it was in. The Evo (right) popped out nicely and has the feel of rubber and as the vid shows, flexes a little bit. The Evo is kinda reminiscent of when I did the same thing with leftover IGL Quartz but the IGL was a bit less rubbery/flexible. The crumbly Titan reminds me of when I cut open a can of Gyeon CanCoat and let it cure.

Have no idea of what the differences or or men (if anything) but what the heck...entertainment is where ya find it

Titan on left, NV Nova on right

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-final_cured_coatings.jpg

IGL Quartz flexing: https://youtu.be/Iqsn5EhemO0

NV Nova EVO Flexing: https://youtu.be/b-sztH9s2Xc

EDIT: Some info from a Feynlab rep on why some dry as a powder:
    coating_powder.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes roscopervis, rand0m, FunctionalDoc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have not heard of it. A friend of mine just sent me a link to a ceramic brand by the name of Wax Is Dead.

Ya know I hadda look that one up!

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-waxisdead.jpg
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Wax Is Dead stuff sure looks and reminds me of Ceramic Pro....

I think CP even used the term "
    Wax Is Dead" in some of their marketing material.

Post Thanks / Like

Labocosmetica are very progressive and their products are top class, though I haven`t used any of their coatings. I`ve said it before on here (I think), that the 3pH washing system is brilliant and it inspired me to figure out a version I could do with products I have to do the same thing. Since doing that and working out potential issues and concerns regarding butoxyethylene and high pH snow foams, I am much wiser and feel that the way many people promote the use and in particular the constant topping of coatings to maintain hydrophobicity is not the way to do it. If the coating (and potentially dedicated topcoat) is good, leave that do the hard work and keep it clean and contamination free. It is the hard water/fallout/tree sap etc that is on the surface or within the layers of the toppers that is probably killing the hydrophobics. Purifica is Labocosmetica`s `acid` based soap which removes hard water and rejuvenates the coating surface and it seems that Gyeon is bringing out a similar product soon I think.

Andreas who does the English language content on Xaron FR is very active on UK based Facebook forums. He writes massive essays to help people on there, and is a good egg, which is impressive given he is Swiss. The Youtube content is very detailed and well researched and very well worth watching.
    Likes atbalfour, FunctionalDoc liked this post
    Thanks atbalfour, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kinda Cured Coatings

Titan on left, NV Nova on right

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-final_cured_coatings.jpg

IGL Quartz flexing: https://youtu.be/Iqsn5EhemO0

coating_powder.jpg
    This test and the info from Feynlab is amazing! And makes so much sense with what I’ve read and seen.
    Thank you as always Budget.

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]https://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37594&stc=1

coating_powder.jpg
    Coating hardening in a cup test brought to you by STEK!Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This has been a great thread! I like keeping tabs on it. John from forensic detailing has a video where he spoke with owners of wax is dead think they are UK based.

The stuff from fenylab is always an interesting read.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Coating hardening in a cup test brought to you by STEK!Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hilarious!

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck, lets give Ethos Graphene a try...

Have had some leftover Ethos Graphene sitting around, watching the graphene settle out. Shook it up, put in another cup.
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-ethos_cure.jpg

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information