Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I agree with you on VX Pro2. I thought 22ple was recommending their pro coating as a base topped with insanity. I know they told me to achieve the same thing it would be insanity topped with Finitura.

By the way did your bottle of HPC have a ball bearing in it?

I was surprised Syncro did so much better this last go around. Seemed to last longer than the precious time. Nothing changed in application for me. I still think they need to make Skin be more durable.

Jeremy is a good guy. He responds to any questions I had on the coating. I did 2 coats of beadlock. I have used slick back and I believe I used it on my brothers truck as well that has beadlock on it. The best time of year to buy from him is during black friday.

FYI SiC is available on CarPro US.
    Perhaps 22ple was recommending Mystico Elemento as a base, not HPC. It just struck me as "Uh...no." Finitura still bugs me...so much hype leading up to it and then no real guidance, they didn`t even know whether it was shipped with spray top or just squeeze top...and that "Increases scratch resistance 500%..." stuff was ridiculous. Such an odd company. Maybe it`s a bit better now that Mike C at Forza is the `official` US rep but who knows.

Maybe I`ll grab some SlickBack...I loves me a good primer Polish...somehow satisfying to use.

Will be interesting to give the SiC a go...with Essence under it.

All of the 22ple coatings I`ve tried (VxPro2 and HPC) had the little ball bearings in `em.

Skin as a coating maintenance product would be ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Maybe I`ll grab some SlickBack...I loves me a good primer Polish...somehow satisfying to use.
    Which ones have you tried? Any negative effects with any of the coatings you`ve used on top of the Primers?

I just got the Blackfire Primer Polish to use before a coating, but haven`t done primer/coating before.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Which ones have you tried? Any negative effects with any of the coatings you`ve used on top of the Primers?

I just got the Blackfire Primer Polish to use before a coating, but haven`t done primer/coating before.

I have an unused BF Primer Polish from 2+ years ago really wish I knew if it has a expiration time before I try a coating on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to give the SiC a go...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    FYI SiC is available on CarPro US.
    Looks like we have the next contender!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Only Essence under CQUK 3 and Gyeon Primer under Gyeon One.

There`s just a little extra `oomph` to the surface to me visually after using them; a little taste of what it`ll look like once coated...a bit glassy.

Do they help...I dunno. The Essence/CQUK combo is still nice and glossy, doing great. The Gyeon vehicle is no longer around but still looked great and was doing well after a year. Person did wash it weekly though, preferring Joy to Dawn dishwashing soap Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... I think I mighta put CanCoat on top of the One so that probably helped.

The just seemed to be enjoyable and `smooth running` to use. I believe I used a black LC Force pad w Gyeon, CarPro gloss pads w Essence; both with the Flex 3401.

They primer polishes were just nice to use. I really liked the Essence bottle with its `sharp` dispensing tip too.

Post Thanks / Like

Do these primers make the paint look darker...? Or...?

Post Thanks / Like

Ping me to see where you can find SiC sale.
    Likes JustJesus, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pologuy View Post
    I never really noticed that.

Post Thanks / Like

How much correction do you get with some of these primers? After polishing out a car, the last thing I want to do is polish the entire vehicle again to apply a primer. There is a reason I`ve figured out the best one step polish combination for my vehicles!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How much correction do you get with some of these primers? After polishing out a car, the last thing I want to do is polish the entire vehicle again to apply a primer. There is a reason I`ve figured out the best one step polish combination for my vehicles!
    Very little when I`ve done it but I`ve never really tried anything more than a very fine pad. The 2 vehicles I did were new so in the case of the truck, was just pretty much removing the marring from decal guy squeegee and light dealer swirls and I think the other I probably went over with something a bit more aggressive first as it had some miles on it.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a shame to hear about HPC not being that great. Granted, Guz had some pretty adverse condition with the fires and ash. I still hope it`ll be a good coating for a first timer. Especially with a white car where the hazing will make removal and high spots more noticeable. Worst case, I can top it with Cancoat after a year and just run with that every 6 months or so

I did try Gyeon Primer before I applied Cancoat a month or so back, and found it had very little correction ability on soft white Lexus paint. Maybe I did something wrong but on my test spot with 4 pea sized drop on a Rupes yellow pad it left behind a blue tinge that was really hard to remove. I had limited time so I decided to skip Primer and just do a light correction with Sonax Perfect Finish.

If the reviews for SiC are good maybe I`ll just eat the cost of HPC and give that a try. There are cars in my family who are in need of some attention and the HPC would be put to good use there (and great appreciated by the recipient).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    That`s a shame to hear about HPC not being that great. Granted, Guz had some pretty adverse condition with the fires and ash. I still hope it`ll be a good coating for a first timer. Especially with a white car where the hazing will make removeable and high spots more noticeable. Worst case, I can top it with Cancoat after a year and just run with that every 6 months or so
    I wouldn`t give up on HPC yet; it was a great coating for me but I haven`t used it since late 2017. Their `top` level coating at the time (VXPRO2) was a bit of a drag when I used it in January of 2019 but the HPC was very solid from when I used it initially. Ya just never know how things will perform in different areas for different folks until ya give it a go.

Post Thanks / Like

^ exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps 22ple was recommending Mystico Elemento as a base, not HPC. It just struck me as "Uh...no." Finitura still bugs me...so much hype leading up to it and then no real guidance, they didn`t even know whether it was shipped with spray top or just squeeze top...and that "Increases scratch resistance 500%..." stuff was ridiculous. Such an odd company. Maybe it`s a bit better now that Mike C at Forza is the `official` US rep but who knows.

Will be interesting to give the SiC a go...with Essence under it.

All of the 22ple coatings I`ve tried (VxPro2 and HPC) had the little ball bearings in `em.

Skin as a coating maintenance product would be ideal.
    Slick back is good. Similar to Gyeon Primer and Essence. Smells better to me than the other two. You will enjoy beadlock. So easy to work with and the rainbow effect when it flashes. When I applied it was essentially wipe on wipe off.

Good to know your 22ple coatings came with a ball bearing in it. HPC has it. VX Pro2 and Insanity didn`t have it. 22ple is going to release a new spray on coating soon. We shall see how it does with Mike as the US rep. He seems to be much more accessible than the previous rep.

Quote Originally Posted by pologuy View Post
    They were intended for softer paints where a prep was not needed as a prep wipe has the potential to marr paint. They usually make the paint look glossier as the silica in them cures.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Depends on the paint hardness. I have Essence and Slick Back work really well on super soft paint and finicky porous paint. They don`t do so well on harder paints although CarPro states Essence can be used with a microfiber cutting pad to maximize cut. I personally have never used it like that. The thing is that they are finishing polishes with little cut. I think CarPro rates Essence a cut of 2 on a scale of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    That`s a shame to hear about HPC not being that great. Granted, Guz had some pretty adverse condition with the fires and ash. I still hope it`ll be a good coating for a first timer. Especially with a white car where the hazing will make removal and high spots more noticeable. Worst case, I can top it with Cancoat after a year and just run with that every 6 months or so

I did try Gyeon Primer before I applied Cancoat a month or so back, and found it had very little correction ability on soft white Lexus paint. Maybe I did something wrong but on my test spot with 4 pea sized drop on a Rupes yellow pad it left behind a blue tinge that was really hard to remove. I had limited time so I decided to skip Primer and just do a light correction with Sonax Perfect Finish.

If the reviews for SiC are good maybe I`ll just eat the cost of HPC and give that a try. There are cars in my family who are in need of some attention and the HPC would be put to good use there (and great appreciated by the recipient).
    Take my experience as just that. An experience. Each person will have a different experience. Too many factors to consider. You will be topping it so I would not worry about using HPC.

I wouldn`t give up on HPC yet; it was a great coating for me but I haven`t used it since late 2017. Their `top` level coating at the time (VXPRO2) was a bit of a drag when I used it in January of 2019 but the HPC was very solid from when I used it initially. Ya just never know how things will perform in different areas for different folks until ya give it a go.
    Exactly this. I was surprised to still have VX Pro2 still beading 2 years later after a decon wash stripped everything off the top of it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

2021 "What the heck, let`s try this..." stuff is all here. Kamikaze ISM 2.0 I did at end of November, fun stuff, kinda pushed me to 1 layer coatings this year aside from Beadlock PRO. Was gonna do CarPro SiC w/ Essence but looks like a few already have that on their plates to try so figr`d may as well try some other things.

Shine Supply Beadlock Pro (Thanks for the tip Guz!) - This is the only multi-layer coating this year. They say 2 or 3 layers, will likely stop at 2.

LIFE INSURANCE FOR YOUR PAINT.
    Beadlock Pro ceramic paint coating creates a hard-sacrificial barrier which shields your paint from the abuse coming from the sun and other harsh elements.

How does it work? Beadlock Pro contains SiO2 (silica dioxide) which is the primary component of glass and is what gives glass its strength and hardness. This integrated SiO2 technology makes this product far more durable and hydrophobic than any wax or sealant.

This easy-to-apply coating is specifically designed to protect your paint from the unique conditions it sees both on and off-road. Whether you simply cruise the pavement or get down in the dirt Beadlock Pro ceramic paint coating can take the abuse.

Product may be used on single-stage paint, gel coat, and clear coated paint surfaces.
    NV NOVA EVO HYBRID CERAMIC COATING - Will top parts of vehicle w/ NV Nova Jet Hydrophobic Spray Coating.

A PROFESSIONAL-GRADE HYBRID CERAMIC COATING THAT PROMOTES BOTH EXTREME DURABILITY, AMAZING PROTECTION, AND CANDY-LIKE GLOSS.

ABOUT EVO
    Nova EVO is an innovative hybrid coating that utilizes specific ingredients that focus on long-lasting durability & protection, and immense gloss. This professional-grade hybrid coating is super easy to use and encases your vehicle in a hydrophobic layer that will make your vehicle easier to clean and leave it shining for years.

EVO HYBRID CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY
    We have invested countless hours into developing our NOVA series and creating paint protective products with no compromise. This has been a very challenging quest, as most of the additives that increase water beading & gloss have inverse effects on there environmental resistance and durability.

When making a coating easier to apply & cheaper to produce, it usually requires that more layers are needed to become effective. However, by using the highest grade of organic & inorganic coating ingredients with years of development, we have created the perfect hybrid ceramic coating that only requires one-layer for optimal performance.

SPECIFICATIONS
    * 3-year durability
    * Very high level of gloss
    * Water Contact Angle: 110 Degrees+
    * Incredible environmental resistance & crazy water-repellency
    * Professional-grade performance
    * Very easy application
    * Curing Time: 7-14 Days until complete hardness
    * High swirl resistance
    The Gloss Shop TITAN Ceramic Coating - Will top parts of vehicle w/ The Gloss Shop Hydrophobe Express Coating

Introducing The Gloss Shop TITAN Ceramic Coating. Titan is our 9h professional grade ceramic coating offering the highest level of Si02 content of all our coatings. With proper maintenance, Titan will offer up to 5 years protection from a single layer. Once cured, this coating offers the most resistance to scratches and the harsh elements a vehicle faces including graffiti. The Gloss Shop Titan can be applied to paint, glass, plastic, wheels, and metal. When applied to exterior plastics and trim, the finish will remain in a natural looking OEM condition.

We recommend maintaining the coating with The Gloss Shop Ultra Body Wash to cut through tough road film at least every two weeks. An application of Hydrophobe Express Coating will add intense water beading and extremely slick surface.

Our coating is handmade in the USA in small batches. It meets VOC compliance laws in all 50 states. While the coating does not have strong odors common to ceramic coatings, we still recommend applying in well ventilated areas and wear proper protective equipment.
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-winter2021coating.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information