Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I only did the conversion from 29,800 yen which seems like a steal at $287 USD. Maybe next time I travel to Japan (but I don’t travel there).

Seems from the description provided above that the wax is an optimal blend of carnauba, with 5% PTFE. Durability claimed at 2-3 months for a daily driver.

So more of a true show car wax than something like Infinity Wax, Synergy, Fifth Element, Dodo Nano, High Gloss Paste or other durable ceramic-infused waxes that are good for daily drivers. This is what I gather anyways.
    Yeah, that is what I got from the video...

It is a carnauba based wax for those who have their car coated and want that glossy, warm, deep carnauba look.

One thing you can`t deny - that video in particular, and Kamikaze in general, is pretty classy.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze ISM 2.0

What a pleasantly soothing coating to apply. Work in small sections, no rush. Substantially glossy without being cold and impersonal. It`s pretty much a 24"x24" section at most, apply, remove immediately kinda affair. It`s also on most of my daily driver, hadda redo my hood after I tried to do half the hood in a single section cuz the rest of the car had gone so well and I thought "Eh, I got this..."` Oops.

Used the microfiber, 3x5 thin Coating Saver applicators. Used probably 20ml on paint, the rest on the endless plastic trim Ford slaps on these things. As with nearly everything, I probably went a little heavy and coulda got by with 15ml for the paint. 300gsm edgeless gir first wipe, 350gsm for final. Kinda a thick product coming outta the bottle and hitting the paint but oddly really didn`t load up the removal towels much; used 2 of the 300`s and 1 of the 350`s w no issues.

Definately more of a `Dark Side of the Moon` experience, no Ted Nugent or Metallica frenzy here. Very relaxing...I like it Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... Will hit it with Overcoat Monday and then it`ll be left to it`s own devices.

Credit to someone for putting the Pink Floyd idea in my head, was the perfect soundtrack for using ISM 2.0 although I did delete `Money` from the playlist and replaced with `Comfortably Numb` and `Wots, Uh, The Deal` from Obscurred By Clouds.

Not the most ideal of workspaces but ya take what you can get...and its heated.

Fun, gotta love 1-layer coatings.

The new Rupes pads were nice, spun well, seemed a little more ?precise? when running near the edges. Used Sonax Perfect Finish, few` spots needed a bit more but generally 4 passes, 10-12lbs pressure took care of the light marring.

This truck is a relatively recent acquisition that we got in the middle of last Summer after someone pulled out a a parking lot and totaled our previous one. Didn`t have time to do much at that time we got it so just quickly wiped it down with Eraser, went over it quickly with CanCoat. I used TAC Moonlight on the roof instead, just for something different. The Moonlight on the roof was still doing remarkably well as far as water behavior, beading/sheeting went, better than CanCoat. 5800 miles or so since application...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

I left the Moonlight on the roof to see how it does going forward. Truck won`t see a ton of use as it`s the off-season but will probably accumulate another 3500 miles before Spring.

Likes tom p., Coatings=crack, re-tired, Gridlink liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking red paint, Budget Plan !
    Cars: bringing people together
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy reading your posts.
    Thanks for the soundtrack idea. I may have to try that! (I usually don`t have tunes on when polishing)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I enjoy reading your posts.
    Thanks for the soundtrack idea. I may have to try that! (I usually don`t have tunes on when polishing)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I`m usually in silence as well, just kinda happened when I got ready for coating.

Was the only one there so filled the warehouse with music and it suddenly changed it all from a task into a very relaxing affair. The coincidental mention of Dark Side of the Moon earlier just fit perfectly.

Kinda weird...but I`ll take it; red Ford paint is getting a bit monotonous Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been trying to find videos comparing the KAMIKAZE line to others - and finally found one... just one...

And it didn`t go very well...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pologuy View Post
    I have been trying to find videos comparing the KAMIKAZE line to others - and finally found one... just one...

And it didn`t go very well...

You`ll find a lot of videos saying this is better than that, this is the ultimate coating in all the kingdom and in the end, what becomes your favorite is really a personal and somewhat subjective choice...exactly why there is no universal, best for all people in all climates product.

I`ve used a lot of them and really, never used a truly bad coating, they all did reasonably well.

In the end ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...and occasionally you find one or 2 that work well for you and that you enjoy using. And that`s a definite win no matter which product you settle on Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Likes JustJesus, RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up re ISM. Also interested to hear you`ve got some nice results from Moonlight.. my side by testing so far has shown it to be a tough contender, yet gives a slicker finish and is more enjoyable to use than Cancoat. Epic on plastics too.

Post Thanks / Like

22ple HPC or Insanity. Money not being an objective. What ya got, anyone?

I can decipher what Budget would do but wondering if given the choice of either for free, what would you choose?

Post Thanks / Like

I can decipher what Budget would do but wondering if given the choice of either for free, what would you choose?
    I haven’t read to much good on Insanity. I’d go 22ple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

@BudgetPlan1

When you top OC with Cosmic, how long do you wait? Actually in the OC, IW, HG, HGPW super sandwich how long did you wait on those as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Neither one based on my 2020 test. They both fall short to Shine Supply Beadlock, Cquartz UK, Lite, Gyeon Mohs and Syncro. Never thought I would be saying that about Syncro haha.

If you got them for free it doesn’t really matter which one you use. They are about the same. Insanity was overhyped when 22ple said it was the slickest coating and best performing coating. It’s still tacky. It is user friendly and glossier than some coatings.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Neither one based on my 2020 test. They both fall short to Shine Supply Beadlock, Cquartz UK, Lite, Gyeon Mohs and Syncro. Never thought I would be saying that about Syncro haha.

If you got them for free it doesn’t really matter which one you use. They are about the same. Insanity was overhyped when 22ple said it was the slickest coating and best performing coating. It’s still tacky. It is user friendly and glossier than some coatings.
    I’m not getting it for free, I just wanted money to not be an objective so I phrased it that way. I expected the answers I’ve gotten so far, but wanted to see if anyone had any fully positive experiences with them that would get me to buy one.

In fact when I mentioned I thought I knew Budget’s experiences with them, I was actually thinking about your test. I see now that Budget enjoyed HPC. So that one may still be on my list.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I really that transparent? Eh, ya like what ya like...

That said, I`ve kinda cooled on 22ple stuff based partly upon the fact that the last time I used it (the discontinued VXPRO2) it was somewhat `less than impressive`. I`ve also run across some vendor/user exchanges (when you can even get a hold of `em) that make me think the Mind Behind The Product is, well...a bit of an egotistical bullet-head. The 22ple HPC I used back in March of 2017 was such a nice coating that still looks good on the van I used it on (water behavior is long gone as maintenance on these things is quite limited) but it still has some nice gloss on it 45k miles later and generally still looks `2-ft away good` even after that amount of time. Add in The Guz`s non-excitement over his more recent experiences with 22ple and I`m kinda suspect at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I haven’t read to much good on Insanity. I’d go 22ple.

I see that they`re often reccomending a base of HPc w/ Insanity on tp which, in 50ml bottles, pushes it past even Kamikaze Zipang as far as cost goes. I might try a small bit of 22ple HPC at some point to see if it has `lost its goodness` cuz the easy application and previous apparent durability still appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    @BudgetPlan1

When you top OC with Cosmic, how long do you wait? Actually in the OC, IW, HG, HGPW super sandwich how long did you wait on those as well?

When I indulged in that pointless madness, I waited 12hrs between the application of each item. The van I did with ISM last Saturday was still sitting clean and un-used so I put Overcoat on it Monday morning then dropped PA High Gloss on that 12hrs later just for giggles. Thing looks killer-reflective on the non-metallic Race Red Ford paint but that could be all in my mind...maybe it woulda looked that good w/ just HG on top of the ISM. Who knows, the whole Overcoat + Cosmic thing was my wife`s unsolicited mention of how good it looked so...well, ya know

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Is Syncro making a comeback??? That was just such a fun coating until it faded too quickly.

I ordered 100ml of Beadlock on their 20% off Monday based upon your experience and one or 2 others I read about. 100ml + Panel Wipe was a pretty good deal and I got a nice e-mail from Jeremy thanking me so that was kinda cool too. Did you do multiple layers, I was thinking of doing 2? Did you use their primer polish as well, Slick Back I think it is?
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-beadlock.jpg

I’m not getting it for free, I just wanted money to not be an objective so I phrased it that way. I expected the answers I’ve gotten so far, but wanted to see if anyone had any fully positive experiences with them that would get me to buy one.

In fact when I mentioned I thought I knew Budget’s experiences with them, I was actually thinking about your test. I see now that Budget enjoyed HPC. So that one may still be on my list.
    I may still give 22ple a go *sometime*, planning on waiting for CarPro SiC for one of the new trucks and Beadlock Pro is going on one so still have an open slot for the 3rd. Nothing else really catches my attention currently. Wanna give Gyeon Wax and their new window coating/sealant a try too but not on a whole vehicle. I really think it`s the container/dispenser that intrigues me but the fluorine in the wax might be fun. I`ve always liked fluorine water behavior (like Gyeon Booster was)

Eh, who knows...we`ll see what comes outta all of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a better experience with it than I did. I have not been overly impressed with 22ple`s overall performance. I do like the ease of use and gloss from it. I was actually disappointed that Insanity developed water spots 2 weeks after application. I had used the VS1 spray sealant to protect it during the curing time frame and bam there were the water spots 2 weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Am I really that transparent? Eh, ya like what ya like...

That said, I`ve kinda cooled on 22ple stuff based partly upon the fact that the last time I used it (the discontinued VXPRO2) it was somewhat `less than impressive`. I`ve also run across some vendor/user exchanges (when you can even get a hold of `em) that make me think the Mind Behind The Product is, well...a bit of an egotistical bullet-head. The 22ple HPC I used back in March of 2017 was such a nice coating that still looks good on the van I used it on (water behavior is long gone as maintenance on these things is quite limited) but it still has some nice gloss on it 45k miles later and generally still looks `2-ft away good` even after that amount of time. Add in The Guz`s non-excitement over his more recent experiences with 22ple and I`m kinda suspect at this time.

I see that they`re often reccomending a base of HPc w/ Insanity on tp which, in 50ml bottles, pushes it past even Kamikaze Zipang as far as cost goes. I might try a small bit of 22ple HPC at some point to see if it has `lost its goodness` cuz the easy application and previous apparent durability still appeals.

When I indulged in that pointless madness, I waited 12hrs between the application of each item. The van I did with ISM last Saturday was still sitting clean and un-used so I put Overcoat on it Monday morning then dropped PA High Gloss on that 12hrs later just for giggles. Thing looks killer-reflective on the non-metallic Race Red Ford paint but that could be all in my mind...maybe it woulda looked that good w/ just HG on top of the ISM. Who knows, the whole Overcoat + Cosmic thing was my wife`s unsolicited mention of how good it looked so...well, ya know
    I agree with you on VX Pro2. I thought 22ple was recommending their pro coating as a base topped with insanity. I know they told me to achieve the same thing it would be insanity topped with Finitura.

By the way did your bottle of HPC have a ball bearing in it?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Is Syncro making a comeback??? That was just such a fun coating until it faded too quickly.

I ordered 100ml of Beadlock on their 20% off Monday based upon your experience and one or 2 others I read about. 100ml + Panel Wipe was a pretty good deal and I got a nice e-mail from Jeremy thanking me so that was kinda cool too. Did you do multiple layers, I was thinking of doing 2? Did you use their primer polish as well, Slick Back I think it is?

I may still give 22ple a go *sometime*, planning on waiting for CarPro SiC for one of the new trucks and Beadlock Pro is going on one so still have an open slot for the 3rd. Nothing else really catches my attention currently. Wanna give Gyeon Wax and their new window coating/sealant a try too but not on a whole vehicle. I really think it`s the container/dispenser that intrigues me but the fluorine in the wax might be fun. I`ve always liked fluorine water behavior (like Gyeon Booster was)

Eh, who knows...we`ll see what comes outta all of this.
    I was surprised Syncro did so much better this last go around. Seemed to last longer than the precious time. Nothing changed in application for me. I still think they need to make Skin be more durable.

Jeremy is a good guy. He responds to any questions I had on the coating. I did 2 coats of beadlock. I have used slick back and I believe I used it on my brothers truck as well that has beadlock on it. The best time of year to buy from him is during black friday.

FYI SiC is available on CarPro US.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes JustJesus, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information