Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I only did the conversion from 29,800 yen which seems like a steal at $287 USD. Maybe next time I travel to Japan (but I don’t travel there).

Seems from the description provided above that the wax is an optimal blend of carnauba, with 5% PTFE. Durability claimed at 2-3 months for a daily driver.

So more of a true show car wax than something like Infinity Wax, Synergy, Fifth Element, Dodo Nano, High Gloss Paste or other durable ceramic-infused waxes that are good for daily drivers. This is what I gather anyways.
    Yeah, that is what I got from the video...

It is a carnauba based wax for those who have their car coated and want that glossy, warm, deep carnauba look.

One thing you can`t deny - that video in particular, and Kamikaze in general, is pretty classy.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze ISM 2.0

What a pleasantly soothing coating to apply. Work in small sections, no rush. Substantially glossy without being cold and impersonal. It`s pretty much a 24"x24" section at most, apply, remove immediately kinda affair. It`s also on most of my daily driver, hadda redo my hood after I tried to do half the hood in a single section cuz the rest of the car had gone so well and I thought "Eh, I got this..."` Oops.

Used the microfiber, 3x5 thin Coating Saver applicators. Used probably 20ml on paint, the rest on the endless plastic trim Ford slaps on these things. As with nearly everything, I probably went a little heavy and coulda got by with 15ml for the paint. 300gsm edgeless gir first wipe, 350gsm for final. Kinda a thick product coming outta the bottle and hitting the paint but oddly really didn`t load up the removal towels much; used 2 of the 300`s and 1 of the 350`s w no issues.

Definately more of a `Dark Side of the Moon` experience, no Ted Nugent or Metallica frenzy here. Very relaxing...I like it Will hit it with Overcoat Monday and then it`ll be left to it`s own devices.

Credit to someone for putting the Pink Floyd idea in my head, was the perfect soundtrack for using ISM 2.0 although I did delete `Money` from the playlist and replaced with `Comfortably Numb` and `Wots, Uh, The Deal` from Obscurred By Clouds.

Not the most ideal of workspaces but ya take what you can get...and its heated.

Fun, gotta love 1-layer coatings.

The new Rupes pads were nice, spun well, seemed a little more ?precise? when running near the edges. Used Sonax Perfect Finish, few` spots needed a bit more but generally 4 passes, 10-12lbs pressure took care of the light marring.

This truck is a relatively recent acquisition that we got in the middle of last Summer after someone pulled out a a parking lot and totaled our previous one. Didn`t have time to do much at that time we got it so just quickly wiped it down with Eraser, went over it quickly with CanCoat. I used TAC Moonlight on the roof instead, just for something different. The Moonlight on the roof was still doing remarkably well as far as water behavior, beading/sheeting went, better than CanCoat. 5800 miles or so since application...

I left the Moonlight on the roof to see how it does going forward. Truck won`t see a ton of use as it`s the off-season but will probably accumulate another 3500 miles before Spring.

Likes tom p., Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking red paint, Budget Plan !
    Cars: bringing people together
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy reading your posts.
    Thanks for the soundtrack idea. I may have to try that! (I usually don`t have tunes on when polishing)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I enjoy reading your posts.
    Thanks for the soundtrack idea. I may have to try that! (I usually don`t have tunes on when polishing)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I`m usually in silence as well, just kinda happened when I got ready for coating.

Was the only one there so filled the warehouse with music and it suddenly changed it all from a task into a very relaxing affair. The coincidental mention of Dark Side of the Moon earlier just fit perfectly.

Kinda weird...but I`ll take it; red Ford paint is getting a bit monotonous

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344

Thread Information