Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What’s funny is all that is still less than what i was quoted to have my car professionally coated. I know my work isn’t as good but it was enjoyable to do and with all that would definitely be as good of quality products as what most pros install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that aspect of it sometimes gets lost in all the "longevity, protection, hydrophobic, product synergy, etc" stuff. The whole escapade was likely `functionally irrelevant` after the Overcoat but it WAS extraordinarily entertaining and real or not, my perception of it afterwards has some value as well, something that can`t be measured in gloss units or distinctness of image. Sometimes ya do stuff just because ya want to...when common sense gets boring

If I woulda thought about it more I woulda done Infinity Wax, HG Paste, Overcoat and then HG Spritz but the High Gloss stuff `piling on` happened when I thought I was done but then since the car was gonna sit in the garage another 24hrs later, the brain starts a churnin`

On another note, I`ve heard of a gloss meter and a DOI meter but a "Goniophotometer"? That`s a new one on me...
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-goniphoto.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Coatings=crack, Stokdgs, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    ALL of it Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...?
    Well...

Maybe not ALL of them at the same time, lol.

Looking at Kamikaze Miyabi + Zipang - and then Infinity Wax and Overcoat - or Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax and High Gloss Spritz.

Have a black car - was told that Zipang darkens the color of the car...

So If I put Miyabi down first - I won`t get that Zipang darkening effect as much...?

The "obvious" choice is to do the Zipang / Miyabi / Zipang combo - that way the Zipang will be down first and darken the car - but...
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was also interested in the 22ple - especially after reading your review stating it makes your car look like it is covered in molten glass...

But like you said, no website, spotty customer service, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pologuy View Post
    Well...

Maybe not ALL of them at the same time, lol.

Looking at Kamikaze Miyabi + Zipang - and then Infinity Wax and Overcoat - or Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax and High Gloss Spritz.

Have a black car - was told that Zipang darkens the color of the car...

So If I put Miyabi down first - I won`t get that Zipang darkening effect as much...?

The "obvious" choice is to do the Zipang / Miyabi / Zipang combo - that way the Zipang will be down first and darken the car - but...
    I personally don`t think you`ll see much more darkening w/ Zipang/Miyabi/Zipang than you would with simply Miyabi/Zipang alone...and the extra protection/performance of the 3 layer `sandwich` is negligible. The darkening effect (which most coatings have) isn`t really something that`ll jump out and poke ya in the eyes when all done but it is plainly visible on adjacent panels, one coated, one not. The Infinity Wax will add a nice bit of a glow to it and if you decide you want a little more reflectivity, maintain w/ HG Spritz on occasion. I don`t think the base of Miyabi will affect the outcome much at all...we`re getting to the point of really splitting hairs at that point and, like most coatings, Miyabi likely will darken a touch too.

While it was fun dumping all of that (Infinity, Overcoat, HG Paste and HG Spritz) on a car, who knows if it really stands out more than the Kami or PA stuff alone...but ya never know until you try

What kinda/model Lincoln are you putting it on? Got a pic?

I was also interested in the 22ple - especially after reading your review stating it makes your car look like it is covered in molten glass...

But like you said, no website, spotty customer service, etc...
    Although different paints, but both black, a had about a month where my Crystal Black Honda Accord was parked in the garage next to wife`s black Corvette. Honda was done in 22ple HPC and Vette in Kami Miyabi + ISM 1.0. Honda looked about a foot deep and Corvette looked a mile deep. Subjective opinion but enough that I removed 22ple HPC after 2 months and re-did with the Kami. I think 22ple HPC looks really good on metallic red like Ford Ruby Red Metallic or Mazda Soul Red.

Will be interested to see and hear which way you choose to go.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It always comes back to Kamikaze for a lot of people, doesn`t it?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What kinda/model Lincoln are you putting it on?

Lincoln MKS

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-2015_lincoln_mks-pic-924289765950224428-1024x768.jpeg

Lincoln Continental

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-maxresdefault.jpg
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It always comes back to Kamikaze for a lot of people, doesn`t it?
    Everybody has their favorites, things that work well for them. Theres a bunch of really good products out there.

Aside from the functionality that makes for a good fit with ones individual needs, sometimes why one prefers this or that is kinda hard to put a finger on...ya just know it`s your favorite.

Nice ride but....that`s a lotta black paint to cover and care for Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Likes pologuy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ride but....that`s a lotta black paint to cover and care for Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...
    Yeah - but if kept clean, and done right, black is hard to beat... IMO.

The other concerns are how to make all of the actual chrome accents on both the exterior (and interior) of the Lincolns shine and protected.

As well as the extensive all-around lower body black plastic trim on the MKS - very hard to get it to look as dark and glossy as the black paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a new wax by Kamikaze to try out!

d`Elegance wax.

Talk about class...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a new wax by Kamikaze to try out!

d`Elegance wax.

Talk about class...
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... I think I`ll be sitting that one out!

Limited edition or something; a bit much for my cars.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts... I think I`ll be sitting that one out!

Limited edition or something; a bit much for my cars.

Wish I could find descriptions about this wax written in English.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Wish I could find descriptions about this wax written in English.
    Or, English that kinda made sense anyway... At $650 AUD (which is I think around $450 USD) it`s up there...

We have a solid track record in concourse events around the world .
    Many of the vehicles we built won prizes and were exceptionally beautiful compared to other vehicles.
    Concourse Delegance has a conservative culture, good or bad,
    The finish is often wax, and it is also a social gathering place for the wealthy , calling an exclusive detailer for each unit .
    In Di Taylor, the concourse delle Elegance what is the best show car di tilling is the peak, there are the target of di Taylor of each country.

Pebble Beach (California, USA)
    * Re-plating and re-painting are performed, and the skin of the paint is adjusted to the mirror surface. There is also a tendency to seek a buttery luster.
    Villa d`Este (Lake Como, Italy)
    * Respecting the original, the original painting is respected, and there is a tendency to seek textures such as tires and metal parts that are suitable for the age as much as possible .
    The taste of the judges changes just because the country is different.
    To win an award in the Delegance of this country, the painted surface must be overwhelmingly beautiful.

In the concourse delegance world, Company Z in the United States, Company S in Switzerland, and Company A in the United Kingdom held most of them.
    We used INFINITY WAX for certified detailers, but this wax requires a drying period of 2 hours from construction to blowing up, and it is difficult to construct outdoors, so it is suitable for on- site construction. Was not suitable.

Our idea is that the higher the carnauba ratio, the more glossy it will be.
    Carnauba is originally as hard as concrete and does not slip very much.
    If you have a high carnauba but the surface is slippery and glossy, then something other than carnauba wax is working.
    In addition, the deterioration of workability due to the addition of a large amount of carnauba (especially white carnauba) is disadvantageous for show car construction, which has many patterns of outdoor construction.
    Also, in many cases, as long as it is wiped with microfiber, even if the carnauba occupancy exceeds 80% , most of it will adhere to the microfiber fiber .
    We have developed with the highest priority on the optimum ratio and balance.
    This wax does not disclose the carnauba occupancy ratio.

The people who buy this wax are probably the ones who have the greatest love for their cars.
    For weekend drive or ornamental storage in the indoor garage.
    We think that even if it is a daily car, it is a person who does car washing every week .
    Some of the additives contained in our OVER COAT 3.0 can maximize the effect as a sacrificial film.
    In addition, we have developed a wax containing PTFE made by another company as a benchmark and added 5% PTFE, so we are proud of its high durability.
    We have confirmed that it will last for 2 to 3 months with a car stored outdoors in Daily Use .
    It is expected that it will be reconstructed or another product will be applied as a top coat in the last 3 months, so we believe that it has sufficient durability and functions as a sacrificial film.
    We are in the process of developing " The d`Elegance Shampoo ", a special maintenance shampoo that emulsifies high-purity carnauba .
    You can keep it beautiful by using it about once a month.

The largest factor of this wax you to show car Detailing is Keru workability.
    There has never been a show car wax that is easy to install and easy to wipe off .
    Lower the melting temperature of the wax as much as possible and accelerate the drying time.
    Nevertheless, it keeps the film necessary for expressing beauty.
    It is a development that may be inconsistent , but it was completed after a development period of about one year.
    Construction may be difficult under the scorching sun of midsummer, but it can be constructed outdoors in the shade.

Having won the Concourse Delegance Grand Prize, what I have been pursuing is
    A wax that seeks overwhelming beauty.
    Its texture and facial expression do not have a clear luster or change.
    Naturally. Naturally. I think that is the beauty of the car.
    This new label "KIKUSUI LABEL" is a detailer exclusively for Concourse Delegance around the world.
    Or is used in the concourse for KAMIKAZE COLLETION certification di Taylor is a new label for the purpose of that Ru.
    Kikusui is an ancient Japanese word, based on Japan`s unique aesthetic sensibility that also imagines a chrysanthemum floating on the surface of the water.
    The beauty of Japan. I would like to express Japanese car wax. This wax was completed

when I asked the world market what the beauty of a car was as a Japanese
    By all means, please experience the detailing that we advocate "THE DETAIL AS AN ART" = art.

KAMIKAZE COLLECTION CEO
    General Manager of Development: Kai Morita

Dubai Gulf Concourse 2018 Awarded Best

Content: 250g
    1 unit Usage: 10g-13g
    Accessories: Applicator Sponge, Microfiber Cloth
    Manufacture: Made in Japan (Made in Germany for some materials)
    Container: Bamboo container 
    box : Natural paulownia box
    Durability: 2-3 months
    quantity
    I think they made 337 pots of it or something like that...seems like Detail Central in Australia has a few.
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-kwax.jpg
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I only did the conversion from 29,800 yen which seems like a steal at $287 USD. Maybe next time I travel to Japan (but I don’t travel there).

Seems from the description provided above that the wax is an optimal blend of carnauba, with 5% PTFE. Durability claimed at 2-3 months for a daily driver.

So more of a true show car wax than something like Infinity Wax, Synergy, Fifth Element, Dodo Nano, High Gloss Paste or other durable ceramic-infused waxes that are good for daily drivers. This is what I gather anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I only did the conversion from 29,800 yen which seems like a steal at $287 USD. Maybe next time I travel to Japan (but I don’t travel there).

Seems from the description provided above that the wax is an optimal blend of carnauba, with 5% PTFE. Durability claimed at 2-3 months for a daily driver.

So more of a true show car wax than something like Infinity Wax, Synergy, Fifth Element, Dodo Nano, High Gloss Paste or other durable ceramic-infused waxes that are good for daily drivers. This is what I gather anyways.
    That`s kinda the impression I get as well with the wax.

Heck, the only product I wish he would get to the US is black shirt w/ the Kami logo on it...I dig stuff like that

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes ya do stuff just because ya want to...when common sense gets boring
    totally.

I`ve been toying with the idea of rewaxing (paste) my daily once a month, with something different every month....if only because i miss using the paste waxes. And I have a small collection of them.

Budget, thanks for the VERY detailed, well thought out, posts. Makes for some good reading material. Much appreciated.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread Information