Post Thanks / Like

Re: NO REALLY...I MEAN IT THIS TIME!!! Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Is this reference to performance based on actual observation or product claims? I`ve had CanCoat on my car for 10 months and it will easily last a year or longer. I figured CQuartz Lite was similar in durability.
    CQ Lite is definitely more durable. I can see it side by side that it is. Lite has a 1.5 year claim. That is a little inside tidbit. Does not feel as thick/heavy as Cquartz UK.

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Nit picking but Jon used an out of date bottle of Cancoat and Moonlight and Sandro didn`t seem to know to allow the recommended 7 days before hitting with detergents (he`s using a concentrated iron remover after 72 hours lol).

Wouldn`t be convinced CQuartz Lite is worth the extra, considering it`s not as slick, not as hydrophobic and Cancoat goes a lot further (for me 8 cars, 2 coats each)? I`ve just polished Cancoat off my wife`s car, 7 months and performing as new hit with BH Auto Foam every week and Power Maxed TFR as a pre-pre wash in winter. That is exceptional performance, can`t comment on Lite but look forward to trying it as a base layer in the future.
    Unless you try it you won`t know. Cquartz Lite is actually more hydrophobic. It has a contact angle of 110 degrees where as CanCoat is 100 degrees. Cquartz lite is based on the CQUK 3.0 formula and it does on thicker than CanCoat. I have a friend who is a pro detailer and he gets about 8 cars with Lite. Slickness is overrated when it comes to coatings. As long as it does the job it is not a deal breaker. Look at the success Sonax has with CC36, PNS and BSD that have no slickness to it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Desertnate, BudgetPlan1, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    CQ Lite is definitely more durable. I can see it side by side that it is. Lite has a 1.5 year claim. That is a little inside tidbit. Does not feel as thick/heavy as Cquartz UK.

Unless you try it you won`t know. Cquartz Lite is actually more hydrophobic. It has a contact angle of 110 degrees where as CanCoat is 100 degrees. Cquartz lite is based on the CQUK 3.0 formula and it does on thicker than CanCoat. I have a friend who is a pro detailer and he gets about 8 cars with Lite. Slickness is overrated when it comes to coatings. As long as it does the job it is not a deal breaker. Look at the success Sonax has with CC36, PNS and BSD that have no slickness to it.
    Unrelated question for you Guz, I ‘ve read on Car Pros global site that CQUK3 now can be wiped on wiped off like Lite. Is this true?

If so thats a game changer.

Also what do you think looks wise between CC and CQ lite?

Lastly could you use light to top off CQUK3 at year mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NO REALLY...I MEAN IT THIS TIME!!! Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

I don`t doubt what you are saying but it is interesting that both tests concluded that Cancoat beads better than CarPro Lite. My honest opinion? Gyeon understate Cancoat`s actual water repellancy to create a more noticeable visual performance gap to their heavier duty ceramic coatings.

Cancoat categorically does not have a contact angle less than Gtechniq Exo. I use it specifically to boost Exo v4 (another 110 degree product) to improve hydrophobics - i`d suggest it`s closer to 115.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

I`m not sure contact angle is the biggest issue. I`d be more concerned about UV protection but that kinda stuff isn`t ever really revealed to the public. I know from personal experience with vinyl stripes and letters that darker colored base/clear fades over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Unrelated question for you Guz, I ‘ve read on Car Pros global site that CQUK3 now can be wiped on wiped off like Lite. Is this true?

If so thats a game changer.

Also what do you think looks wise between CC and CQ lite?

Lastly could you use light to top off CQUK3 at year mark?

It has been this way since it came out. It will still be temp and humidity dependent.

You could put a coat if you wanted to. Lite is based on the CQUK 3.0 formula.

It is pretty close but Lite darkens just a bit more. The TiO2 helps its reflective look. It almost resembles the look of the CQUK/TiO2 combo that was popular before Gliss came out. CanCoat as you know has a nice look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    I don`t doubt what you are saying but it is interesting that both tests concluded that Cancoat beads better than CarPro Lite. My honest opinion? Gyeon understate Cancoat`s actual water repellancy to create a more noticeable visual performance gap to their heavier duty ceramic coatings.

Cancoat categorically does not have a contact angle less than Gtechniq Exo. I use it specifically to boost Exo v4 (another 110 degree product) to improve hydrophobics - i`d suggest it`s closer to 115.
    I want your calibrated eye to discern between 110 and 115 lol. If you want a noticeable difference then look into Gyeon Skin or SPS/Artdeshine graphene as they have 120 and is very noticeable.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t understand contact angle values or they just aren’t accurate from some companies. Why does Cancoat at 110 bead so much better than Wowo’s Contact 121?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I don’t understand contact angle values or they just aren’t accurate from some companies. Why does Cancoat at 110 bead so much better than Wowo’s Contact 121?
    This is my point... I`m judging based on comparative performance between products and I`ve found Cancoat to outbead Exo. I`m in no way saying I`ve all the tools to measure between them. The difference is extremely clear.

Also @ the Guz I`ve heard Budget say the same about Skin but quickly faded and unavailable to buy separately from Mohs Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts.... I did see a comparison between all Gyeon coatings on a bonnet and the difference was far smaller than I expected (hence my theory about them understating Cancoat to create a bigger gap to the true money makers).

Gtechniq also tell you the water drain angle, I suspect there are other factors when it comes to beading bar contact angle which I no longer pay much attention to.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Products that darken mute metallic flakes. You want as close to optically clear as possible for the most pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, so much for one of my `rolling test panels`. Girl we gave this to this Summer escaped relatively unscathed but insurance said "Well, that`s about all for this one..."

Had coated this with a relatively non-descript coating someone had sent me last January to try...made it about 5200 miles until someone pulled out of a parking lot and took the front end off of the vehicle that was sitting at a stoplight.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-connect-1-4-.jpeg

Got a new vehicle/replacement last Friday but no time to mess with it so I just wiped it down w/ Kleen-Strip, then Eraser and used TAC Moonlight for the body, Gyeon CanCoat for the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear the girl is okay. Sorry about the vehicle. Bummer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Glad to hear the girl is okay. Sorry about the vehicle. Bummer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Eh, don`t come outta my pocket although we did eat $2500 depreciation + $500 deductible. Cost of doing business! When we got the new vehicle we told the (previous) driver "Your new vehicle is here!" and she declined, preferring to instead take a 2011 Ford Ranger w/ 120k miles on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    [...]

Slickness is something I`m still wrapping my head around. Originally I thought slickness helped with marring resistance since I figured less friction = less marring with all else being equal. Now I guess I prioritize contamination release since 1. dirt rinsed off can`t scratch and 2. fewer wash passes = less chance of marring. If the LSP has to sacrifice a little slickness to get that then so be it; I`ll get my slickness from the shampoo. I also think slickness is one of the characteristics that wears off the quickest for any LSP.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirt release is probably the most important aspect of a coating. I`m not sure that I buy the self cleaning hype though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, so much for one of my `rolling test panels`. Girl we gave this to this Summer escaped relatively unscathed but insurance said "Well, that`s about all for this one..."

Had coated this with a relatively non-descript coating someone had sent me last January to try...made it about 5200 miles until someone pulled out of a parking lot and took the front end off of the vehicle that was sitting at a stoplight.

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-connect-1-4-.jpeg

Got a new vehicle/replacement last Friday but no time to mess with it so I just wiped it down w/ Kleen-Strip, then Eraser and used TAC Moonlight for the body, Gyeon CanCoat for the roof.
    Interested in your future thoughts on cancoat vs moonlight

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Got a new vehicle/replacement last Friday but no time to mess with it so I just ...
    So you just [did more than most companies would ever do over the whole life of a work vehicle]
    Likes BudgetPlan1, dgage liked this post

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information