Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStrikes View Post
    Can we get a reformulation of your list now that you have more experience under your belt? I am inbetween getting Feynlab CLite/TopCoat, CSL+EXO, and SYNCRO.
    Kinda forgot because it`s not widely avaliable but the SPS Graphene I have 9n my black daily driver is very impressive, albeit only about 2 months in. Paint generally looks very bright and clean from 5ft away even when it`s not `nose to paint` clean.

Dunno exactly how it explain it but it is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I try to keep all my current thoughts at below blog...got too difficult to keep updated notes everywhere I left them so kinda now centralize all thoughts here:
    https://budgetplan1.wordpress.com/gl...amic-coatings/
    I just read the whole blog.

1st. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

2nd. Well done sir!
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Little more rain. Moonlight on left, CanCoat on right. Can also make out the bare, polished strip in middle of hood that was under tape.

Before I return this car Saturday, hope to find a tunnel wash with brushes to run it thru to see how badly it marks up the hood.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Little more rain. Moonlight on left, CanCoat on right. Can also make out the bare, polished strip in middle of hood that was under tape.

Before I return this car Saturday, hope to find a tunnel wash with brushes to run it thru to see how badly it marks up the hood.
    Would be very interesting to see what the tunnel brush car wash would do on the finish. We have those brushes that`s made of some kind of foam material. The nylon brushes type I have not seen for many years here in Sweden.

I did use these car washes with foams bristles until I bought the Kia cee`d SW little more than 2 years ago. And I have not corrected the Kia yet as it`s actually quite good still. Got it corrected by the dealership when I bought it. Now it`s some hair line scratches from takeing of the snow off during the winter months. And some other defects from my lovely sisters kids as she has borrowed it for a long time now. It would benefit from a polishing to clean up the defects and will be interesting to see if there is some embedded grime and contaminants going on the polishing pads.

Seems like they are pretty compareble Moonlight and CanCoat. Have you seen any difference in the self cleaning ability from them?

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, the local Swirl-O-Matic wash was closed when we pulled in right before returning the rental car so didn`t get a chance to see how bad it woulda gooned up the nicely corrected hood...bummer.

Overall it seems that Moonlight and CanCoat performed similarly over 1800 miles. During the brief stints of driving in rain, Moonlight hustled the beads off of the hood maybe 15-20% faster than CanCoat and the residual water spotting after a night of rain followed by a hot morning of hot sun (car sitting stationary) left both sides with a similar appearance. They still looked pretty clean and very few water spots after drying in rain.

I`ll have to find something else to put Moonlight & CanCoat on to let them go longer and see how they compare but considering my first, somewhat unpleasant experience with Moonlight back in 2017, this brief experience has given me hope that perhaps the water spotting with Moonlight back then was an aberration outside of the norm for it`s overall performance.

This short test was on bare, prepped paint...

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Would be very interesting to see what the tunnel brush car wash would do on the finish. We have those brushes that`s made of some kind of foam material. The nylon brushes type I have not seen for many years here in Sweden.

I did use these car washes with foams bristles until I bought the Kia cee`d SW little more than 2 years ago. And I have not corrected the Kia yet as it`s actually quite good still. Got it corrected by the dealership when I bought it. Now it`s some hair line scratches from takeing of the snow off during the winter months. And some other defects from my lovely sisters kids as she has borrowed it for a long time now. It would benefit from a polishing to clean up the defects and will be interesting to see if there is some embedded grime and contaminants going on the polishing pads.

Seems like they are pretty compareble Moonlight and CanCoat. Have you seen any difference in the self cleaning ability from them?
    Likes SWETM, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, the local Swirl-O-Matic wash was closed when we pulled in right before returning the rental car so didn`t get a chance to see how bad it woulda gooned up the nicely corrected hood...bummer.

Overall it seems that Moonlight and CanCoat performed similarly over 1800 miles. During the brief stints of driving in rain, Moonlight hustled the beads off of the hood maybe 15-20% faster than CanCoat and the residual water spotting after a night of rain followed by a hot morning of hot sun (car sitting stationary) left both sides with a similar appearance. They still looked pretty clean and very few water spots after drying in rain.

I`ll have to find something else to put Moonlight & CanCoat on to let them go longer and see how they compare but considering my first, somewhat unpleasant experience with Moonlight back in 2017, this brief experience has given me hope that perhaps the water spotting with Moonlight back then was an aberration outside of the norm for it`s overall performance.

This short test was on bare, prepped paint...
    Read the entire thread and thank you for your wisdom, your fleet of test cars and honest detailed opinions on each. I have a beautiful black Hyundai Genesis with metallic flaked black pearl paint. I plan on using car pro essence on my next polish to prep for a coating and I will be using polish angel high gloss as my topper. What coating would you recommend for purely looks enhancement as far as glass/gloss go? Protection is a bonus for me but the look of my vehicle is priority with whichever coating I choose. Miyabi and HPC look amazing but I was wondering if you have a specific recommendation for my situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorios View Post
    Read the entire thread and thank you for your wisdom, your fleet of test cars and honest detailed opinions on each. I have a beautiful black Hyundai Genesis with metallic flaked black pearl paint. I plan on using car pro essence on my next polish to prep for a coating and I will be using polish angel high gloss as my topper. What coating would you recommend for purely looks enhancement as far as glass/gloss go? Protection is a bonus for me but the look of my vehicle is priority with whichever coating I choose. Miyabi and HPC look amazing but I was wondering if you have a specific recommendation for my situation.
    If`n you`re set on using Essence, I`d stick with CarPro Cquartz UK 3 (2 coats) + CarPro Gliss V2 (1 coat).

You could get some great looks from some of the Kamikaze stuff, ISM 1.0 really accentuates dark metallics (had it on a 2016 WRX, Crystal Black Silica Metallic) but not sure how it would play with Essence.

If you`re primary concern is looks with longevity/durability being a secondary concern, perhaps Polish Angel Cosmic would fit the bill. Polish Angel stuff always has a very luscious look to it. They just kinda revamped their Cosmic lineup so not sure of specifics. They also have a primer polish (like Essence) as well *I think*.

The Kami Miyabi x 2, ISM 1.0 x 1, topped by their Infinity Wax and maintained with either Overcoat or PA Cosmic Spritz is way, way overkill but it sure does look good on metallics. Had it on an Aegean Blue Metallic Honda Civic for 2.5 years and to my eyes, it was stunning. Car now has the Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang combo on it and it`s even better.

I bleed Kamikaze stuff through and through though so hopefully The Guz will chime in with a somewhat more objective view...he`s quite well versed on coatings and perhaps a bit less myopic than I. Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Here`s a shot of the Cquartz UK 3 + Gliss V2...its very, very nice.
    Likes SWETM, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If`n you`re set on using Essence, I`d stick with CarPro Cquartz UK 3 (2 coats) + CarPro Gliss V2 (1 coat).

You could get some great looks from some of the Kamikaze stuff, ISM 1.0 really accentuates dark metallics (had it on a 2016 WRX, Crystal Black Silica Metallic) but not sure how it would play with Essence.

If you`re primary concern is looks with longevity/durability being a secondary concern, perhaps Polish Angel Cosmic would fit the bill. Polish Angel stuff always has a very luscious look to it. They just kinda revamped their Cosmic lineup so not sure of specifics. They also have a primer polish (like Essence) as well *I think*.

The Kami Miyabi x 2, ISM 1.0 x 1, topped by their Infinity Wax and maintained with either Overcoat or PA Cosmic Spritz is way, way overkill but it sure does look good on metallics. Had it on an Aegean Blue Metallic Honda Civic for 2.5 years and to my eyes, it was stunning. Car now has the Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang combo on it and it`s even better.

I bleed Kamikaze stuff through and through though so hopefully The Guz will chime in with a somewhat more objective view...he`s quite well versed on coatings and perhaps a bit less myopic than I. Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Here`s a shot of the Cquartz UK 3 + Gliss V2...its very, very nice.
    I am a kamikaze and polish angel fanboy but when I saw the red lambo video from esoteric of the miyabi coat I instantly fell in love or maybe lust. Right now I use 3D one as my polish and was using power lock plus and collinite 845. The beading is pretty from carpro but I feel it lacks compared to miyabi. You think essence won’t work well with miyabi? I am open to any polish recommendations that would be ideal with my metallic black pearl paint. I love PA high gloss on my vehicle it looks stunning but I know with the proper polish and coating there is so much potential for improvement. I use my vehicle and others that I detail as marketing for my mobile detail business so I wanted to find an ideal combination for my black genesis.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorios View Post
    I am a kamikaze and polish angel fanboy but when I saw the red lambo video from esoteric of the miyabi coat I instantly fell in love or maybe lust. Right now I use 3D one as my polish and was using power lock plus and collinite 845. The beading is pretty from carpro but I feel it lacks compared to miyabi. You think essence won’t work well with miyabi? I am open to any polish recommendations that would be ideal with my metallic black pearl paint. I love PA high gloss on my vehicle it looks stunning but I know with the proper polish and coating there is so much potential for improvement. I use my vehicle and others that I detail as marketing for my mobile detail business so I wanted to find an ideal combination for my black genesis.
    Miyabi is the sharper, more reflective gloss while ISM is the part of the combo that really `floats` the metallic in the finish.

If you really wanna do Miyabi, go for it! Any polish will get ya there, have found Scholl S40 on their honey spider pad is great for finishing to the `n-th` degree on soft, dark paint. LC Crimson Hydrotech is a nice pad to use with S40 too.

I used Essence under the Cquartz UK and I see why people like it...its great stuff just unsure how it plays under other stuff as I`ve never tried it with anything other than Cquartz UK.

Why not give Esoteric a call and see what they think about essence + miyabi? I`d guess at some point they have likely tried it. Great folks, very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, a final bit of wax today and I think I`m good on wifes winter/rainy day driver...the 2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Honda Civic. Hey, gotta use what you can get to work with...and despite being a somewhat nondescript vehicle, the color and metallic content is really pleasing to my eye.

At this point, I really can`t think of anything else to throw at it.

Paint: Kamikaze
    Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang
    Infinity Wax
    Overcoat

Wheels: Kamikaze Stance x 2, Polish Angel SuperSport

Tires: Tuff Shine Tire Coating

Glass: Gtechniq G1

Exterior Trim: Kamikaze Zipang

Interior: Polish Angel Intimate & Snowcake

Will maintain going forward with Gyeon Foam or Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam, Kamikaze Anti-Aging Shampoo and Overcoat.

Jury still out on the PA Intimate & Snowcake, first time I used today. Fun, nice...time will tell.

That takes care of our 3 cars for the foreseeable future, dunno what`s next. Guess just washing every now and again.

"Find something you like and use it often."
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, a final bit of wax today and I think I`m good on wifes winter/rainy day driver...the 2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Honda Civic. Hey, gotta use what you can get to work with...and despite being a somewhat nondescript vehicle, the color and metallic content is really pleasing to my eye.

At this point, I really can`t think of anything else to throw at it.

Paint: Kamikaze
    Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang
    Infinity Wax
    Overcoat

Wheels: Kamikaze Stance x 2, Polish Angel SuperSport

Tires: Tuff Shine Tire Coating

Glass: Gtechniq G1

Exterior Trim: Kamikaze Zipang

Interior: Polish Angel Intimate & Snowcake

Will maintain going forward with Gyeon Foam or Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam, Kamikaze Anti-Aging Shampoo and Overcoat.

Jury still out on the PA Intimate & Snowcake, first time I used today. Fun, nice...time will tell.

That takes care of our 3 cars for the foreseeable future, dunno what`s next. Guess just washing every now and again.

"Find something you like and use it often."
    Would you buy infinity wax again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Would you buy infinity wax again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. Generally been going thru a jar each year for past 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

That blue metallic paint looks awesome!

Polish Angel Engine maybe? A cleaner and rejuvenator and protection for engine compartment LOL. Like a waterless wash for engine compartments.

Ohh that boring that`s just washing LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    That blue metallic paint looks awesome!

Polish Angel Engine maybe? A cleaner and rejuvenator and protection for engine compartment LOL. Like a waterless wash for engine compartments.

Ohh that boring that`s just washing LOL
    I`m too scared to venture under a modern hood w water and cleaners to dress it up.

Goon something up for sure. Actually have a small bottle of PA Engine on the shelf, was gonna clean up previous Vette before we sold it. Should probably use it on new one while it`s still clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Always a pleasure reading your posts, true, honest and to the point
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes bob m liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread Information