Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by chris03tl View Post
    I realized I posted a question about CSL but never replied, sorry about that!

I liked the idea of CSL originally, but will have to look around more about its self-cleaning abilities (or lack thereof). Since Im "starting over", Id rather get what I want, if I can

Thanks again everyone.

-Chris
    Hopefully the addition of EXO helps with self-cleaning...
    Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-gtechniq.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes chris03tl, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks chris03tl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Keep us posted (Im sure you will )

I have a 2017 RAM 1500 quad cab...I think I started with 30ml of Gloss Coat and have some leftover (including after redoing a couple spots). So Im thinking 30ml of 22ple will suffice? Looking at it now, its more expensive over the CSL especially when going from the 30 to 50ml size. But Exo is also more expensive than Final Coat so it seems a wash on price.

Saw a few reviews saying they used a lot of the 22ple but Im curious what applicator they were using. Does the 22ple applicator "soak up" too much? I was figuring I would use a foam block and a few suede microfiber cloths.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip the 22ple applicator...it`s junk. I started using the Autofibre `coating saver` terry applicators recently and they are very nice.

30ml of 22ple HPC *may* be a little light if doing 2 coats on full size pickup but guessing it could be done if careful. US vendor for 22ple (Detailed Image) doing 25% off today...

I have a 2017 RAM 1500 quad cab...I think I started with 30ml of Gloss Coat and have some leftover (including after redoing a couple spots). So Im thinking 30ml of 22ple will suffice? Looking at it now, its more expensive over the CSL especially when going from the 30 to 50ml size. But Exo is also more expensive than Final Coat so it seems a wash on price.

Saw a few reviews saying they used a lot of the 22ple but Im curious what applicator they were using. Does the 22ple applicator "soak up" too much? I was figuring I would use a foam block and a few suede microfiber cloths.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    how did you like slick back primer polish? does it have a long buffing cycle? did you do a wipe down afterwards?
    It’s similar to any of the other primer polishes. No fillers in it unlike Essence which has minor filling.

Has a good working time.

Jeremy if Shine Supply states that it does not need to be prep wiped after 1 hour to allow the SiO2 to set up. After 1 hour one can go straight to coating. I still prep wipe but I usually let a primer polish set up overnight.

I would also recommend the autofiber terry coating saver applicators. Amazing for coating application. Much more comfortable to use as well.

I would probably go with the 50ml bottle as budget mentioned. I had about 5 ml’s left of VX Pro2 after doing two coats on a 2015 impala.

Also VS1 goes a long way and even the small bottle will suffice.

Also Exo is actually a stand alone coating but folks use it as a topper over CSL due to it being more hydrophobic than CSL. So different than VS1.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CSL & EXO

CSL
    At 60 degrees F, I`m doing 4` x 6` sections (panel van) and it`s amazing how light a touch removes the CSL; VERY forgiving. Used 300gsm for initial wipe, then 420gsm or so for final buff. Single coat took about 1.5hrs on 2018 Ford Transit 150 van. Used about 25ml.

EXOV4
    Wow...a little goes a loooong way. Can do even larger sections than CSL but I`m gonna keep it to the 4` x 6` or similar. EXO needs to sit a minute or two, a bit longer than CSL otherwise kinda `smeary` on removal but still very, very easy to use. Have to pay a bit more attention to avoid pushing coating to another panel when leveling/removing. Using same 300gsm for initial leveling followed by a 350gsm for final buff. Plusher towel not as good fro final buff with EXO for me, leaves some lint. Could be environment I`m doing it in though. Nice slick finish somewhat like the Gliss V2...not Gyeon Syncro slick. Used about 25ml for TWO coats. Started doing larger sections towards on the 2nd coat, no issues.

Used Autofibre coating saver terry/microfiber applicators for both, flipping sides half way thru each coat with no dragging on applicator at any point.

Would be nice if this stuff ends up staying as clean as 22ple & Kamikaze as it`s very quick & easy to apply (even w/ 3 coats) and considering I can get a full van done with 30ml of CSL and 30ml of EXO, I`d be under $100 per vehicle. We`ll see how it goes this summer. It`s a very nice look as well, CSL gives it a nice deep, rich base (darkens slightly) and the EXO adds some reflective gloss. And I just think the name Crystal Serum (Light) is one of the best coating names out there...
    Likes chris03tl, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks chris03tl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the rub I have with 22ple right now....the CSL/EXO combination is a lot more cost efficient, but the self-cleaning capability is somewhat unknown (or skewed since EXO seems to improve on it so much)

I like the idea of a topper but I find myself....being lazy...and not re-applying it. Which leads back to which is the better *bare coating*, which seems to be the 22ple, at least in regards to my 2 important factors.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the rub I have with 22ple right now....the CSL/EXO combination is a lot more cost efficient, but the self-cleaning capability is somewhat unknown (or skewed since EXO seems to improve on it so much)

I like the idea of a topper but I find myself....being lazy...and not re-applying it. Which leads back to which is the better *bare coating*, which seems to be the 22ple, at least in regards to my 2 important factors.
    Sent ya a Private Message.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Sent ya a Private Message.
    Not seeing one, did it get bounced?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The only downside to 22ple is the 12-24 hour wait time for a second coat. Take advantage of the 25% off at detailed image if cost is a concern.

I will also toss Cquartz UK 3.0 if you are looking for a good coating that performs well and is cost effective. A second coat can be applied 1 hour after the first.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisexv6 View Post
    Not seeing one, did it get bounced?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Oops, sorry...wrong Chris; long day Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

Now I`m really confused...sent msg to Chris03tl

Post Thanks / Like

Did someone say 22PLE 25% off?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Now I`m really confused...sent msg to Chris03tl
    Found your message!

I was on Tapatalk at my kids bball game and it didnt show me any messages but on the web I did see it. Sent a reply.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody wanna give CSL + EXOV4 a go? Leftovers from above vehicle, about 35ml of CSL & 30ml of EXOV4. 50ml bottles, opened yesterday. These leftovers should be more than enough to do CSL x 1, EXOV4 x 2 on all but the largest vehicle. I usd on a 2018 Ford Transit Panel Van (except for roof) and that`s all it took...stuff goes really, really far when using one of those Autofibre `Coating Saver` terry applicator pads.

Lemme know if ya want it and I`ll send it to ya n/c...done with coatings for the foreseeable future, may as well go to someone who wants to give it a go.Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-csl_exo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody wanna give CSL + EXOV4 a go? Leftovers from above vehicle, about 35ml of CSL & 30ml of EXOV4. 50ml bottles, opened yesterday. These leftovers should be more than enough to do CSL x 1, EXOV4 x 2 on all but the largest vehicle. I usd on a 2018 Ford Transit Panel Van (except for roof) and that`s all it took...stuff goes really, really far when using one of those Autofibre `Coating Saver` terry applicator pads.

Lemme know if ya want it and I`ll send it to ya n/c...done with coatings for the foreseeable future, may as well go to someone who wants to give it a go.Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-csl_exo.jpg
    PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread Information