Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...

Fun and interesting times ahead Budgetplan! Will be fun to follow your results and thoughts on the new fleet vehicals

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Syncro update

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve got some IGL Ecocoat Premier on half of a roof that I’m watching. I decided to try a long term test on it after it passed the two week test with flying colors. It’s not as slick as it’s competitors, but makes up for it with longetivity.
    I’m going to follow up on this post here as I don’t have a long term testing thread.

IGL Ecocoat Premier is still going remarkably strong after about 8 weeks. I’m amazed. I waterless washed the roof of my test subject and the panel beaded like I had just applied Premier. It looks as if it could go another 2 months easily. This is about the only detailing product I have purchased that might live up to the manufacturers 6 month claim. The test panel hasn’t been babied either. We have had day after day of rain over the test period and it’s still holding up. This makes me want to try other IGL products.
    Likes glfnaz, BudgetPlan1, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You the man. I really like this product too. Please keep up with updates.

I’m going to follow up on this post here as I don’t have a long term testing thread.

IGL Ecocoat Premier is still going remarkably strong after about 8 weeks. I’m amazed. I waterless washed the roof of my test subject and the panel beaded like I had just applied Premier. It looks as if it could go another 2 months easily. This is about the only detailing product I have purchased that might live up to the manufacturers 6 month claim. The test panel hasn’t been babied either. We have had day after day of rain over the test period and it’s still holding up. This makes me want to try other IGL products.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have to say, if I could pick only one coating to do an entire fleet of vehicles that will see little to no maintenance, would have to coat `em all with 22ple, in this case their HPC offering.

While I`m obviously a Kamikaze fan, if I`m looking for a great fire and forget, no maintenance required product, 22ple is one tough customer. Applied to this van in March 2017, about 45k miles ago. Since application, probably run thru touchless tunnel wash (soap/rinse only) 2 or 3 times and hand washed, light clay, 22ple Finitura applied in November 2017 and just washed, applied some more Finitura and VS1 Final Coat this week and it`s good to go for another season methinks. Sits outside pretty much it`s whole life. Had some tar on rocker panels, which came off easily with a wipe with Gyeon Tar but aside from that, just keeps on truckin`

Good stuff...truck is always shiny and glossy (well, aside from winter where nothing can help)

Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-22ple1.jpgThink I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-22ple2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that your expectations have been met. Premier is a legitimate sealant/coating topper. If I`m not coating a car then chances are it`s getting premier.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have to say, if I could pick only one coating to do an entire fleet of vehicles that will see little to no maintenance, would have to coat `em all with 22ple, in this case their HPC offering.

While I`m obviously a Kamikaze fan, if I`m looking for a great fire and forget, no maintenance required product, 22ple is one tough customer. Applied to this van in March 2017, about 45k miles ago. Since application, probably run thru touchless tunnel wash (soap/rinse only) 2 or 3 times and hand washed, light clay, 22ple Finitura applied in November 2017 and just washed, applied some more Finitura and VS1 Final Coat this week and it`s good to go for another season methinks. Sits outside pretty much it`s whole life. Had some tar on rocker panels, which came off easily with a wipe with Gyeon Tar but aside from that, just keeps on truckin`

Good stuff...truck is always shiny and glossy (well, aside from winter where nothing can help)
    Thanks for this. That`s kinda where I`m at, if I ever put a coating on the paint I want one I can just wash and dry until it`s time to recoat.

Post Thanks / Like

would have to coat `em all with 22ple, in this case their HPC offering.

+1. I`m starting to recognize the same. We coated my son`s car back in March with the HPC. I`m amazed by the gloss and overall appearance of his car every time I pass it in the garage. It`s tremendous. I`m sold on it 100%, just with it weren`t so $$$.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

If I missed the details elsewhere, I apologize in advance. Is this application of the IGL product part of your spray sealant tests you have in the other thread, or is this another instance? If other, are you testing it as a stand alone product?

Post Thanks / Like

25% off today if`n ya need some for another vehicle...
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    +1. I`m starting to recognize the same. We coated my son`s car back in March with the HPC. I`m amazed by the gloss and overall appearance of his car every time I pass it in the garage. It`s tremendous. I`m sold on it 100%, just with it weren`t so $$$.
    Likes tom p. liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    If I missed the details elsewhere, I apologize in advance. Is this application of the IGL product part of your spray sealant tests you have in the other thread, or is this another instance? If other, are you testing it as a stand alone product?
    This is further testing after my initial side by side testing. I noticed that IGL Ecocoat Premier and Kamikaze Overcoat were still holding up after most of the others were no longer viable. They both are being used as stand alone products and are doing great at almost two months with no signs of deterioration, amazing. By far the best spray and wipe products I have ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In for a penny, in for a pound. May as well go all-in on the CarPro vehicle; Essence, CQUK V3, Gliss V2...although topping Gliss with Reload may be a step backward, no?Think I`m done messing around with coatings, final thoughts...-gliss.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In for a penny, in for a pound. May as well go all-in on the CarPro vehicle; Essence, CQUK V3, Gliss V2...although topping Gliss with Reload may be a step backward, no?
    Split the panel with one side with Reload and the other just Gliss. Would be something worth trying.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that IGL Ecocoat Premier and Kamikaze Overcoat were still holding up after most of the others were no longer viable.
    RL, are these both booster-type products? Thanks.

(I`ve only used RELOAD, nothing else...)
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it it`s not need to top Gliss. IIRC the water behavior of reload will affect the Gliss. It`s Reset or Ech2o since Ech2o has so little of the Sio2 in it that it won`t affect the Gliss. So for the useally sacrificial layer of reload after a coating would be working backwards if applyied over Gliss.

Do you get any feedback from those who drive the fleet vehicals? And if they getting any comments on them by customers or others? Cause that is one nice fleet vehicals you have there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Split the panel with one side with Reload and the other just Gliss. Would be something worth trying.
    I`m guessing I`m gonna have leftovers of all the coatings/boosters and such so I`ll find a vehicle and do different panels with different products, can easily split a panel w/ Reload on part, Gliss on another. Gotta use Reload on something as I`ve never tried it. Do you think Gliss would take well to 2 layers ro should I just stop at one?

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    As I understand it it`s not need to top Gliss. IIRC the water behavior of reload will affect the Gliss. It`s Reset or Ech2o since Ech2o has so little of the Sio2 in it that it won`t affect the Gliss. So for the useally sacrificial layer of reload after a coating would be working backwards if applyied over Gliss.

Do you get any feedback from those who drive the fleet vehicals? And if they getting any comments on them by customers or others? Cause that is one nice fleet vehicals you have there.
    We do get occasional comments from clients, usually along the lines of "Do you guys wash your vehicles every week, they`re always so clean..." and some of the guys who drive them end up asking to have their personal cars done. Drivers of the van really like good windshield coatings as well. Likely do all the windshields in the in Kamikaze Instenso as I`ve still got about 50ml of that left.

I`m getting near the 2 year anniversary of when I started mucking about with vans/co-workers cars; just nice to come in every day to see how cars/vans with different coatings are doing. Right now, every day I see vehicles done with:

Cquartz TiO2
    Gyeon Syncro
    Gyeon One
    22ple HPC
    Kami Miyabi + ISM
    Gtechniq CSL + Gyeon CanCoat
    Gyeon Prime + Gyeon CanCoat
    Gyeon CanCoat
    Gyeon Mohs + Gyeon Booster
    Nanolex Si3D
    Feynlab Ceramic + Feynlab Topcoat
    Gloss Shop Ceramic V2

...and probably a few others with partial panels done with things like Polish Angel Master Sealant + Rapidwaxx, Kami Overcoat (with and without Infinity Wax under it), IGL Premier (still hangin on) Feynlab Ceramic Sealant, PA Cosmic Spritz, etc.

It`s really enjoyable in the summer when it starts raining. Considering most vehicles don`t receive `Autopian OCD-ish) care, the durable ones with great self cleaning really stand out.

Entertainment is where ya find it...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread Information