Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Ceramic Wash and Coat

Hi All, I love Griots Ceramic all in one wax. So many different ways to use it.

Anyone try the wash and coat? I think I`ll give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Ceramic Wash and Coat

I seems to add some measurable protection- definitely changes the water behavior.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

It is indeed a legit product. Just follow the directions. No sun, one panel at time and etc...
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I tried this product. It was a weird product to use.
    CONS
    -not foamy at all: it didn`t foam up much. I wish it was "soapier" as I felt it didn`t cut grease on the wheels as well as other washes.
    -took longer to wash, I was worried about it drying on the car. But maybe saves time overall because it skips the detailer step.

PROs
    -Awesome end results. Shiny, water beads crazy, nice product to maintain ceramic coating.
    -Dirt falls off of paint when initially applied with foam sprayer. I was shocked how easily the dirt came off before using the mitt.
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

hawaiidude- Thanks for posting about this stuff, both their C-AIO and the W&C. I have the CAIO but haven`t gotten around to using it yet. I`m pleasantly surprised by what I take is a positive review of the W&C. I figured it was snake-oil, but maybe it has its uses after all (though I`d do my regular wash regimen first if I ever try it).

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator: that might be the way to go. Wash first and then rinse with this product. Although it would require having 2 foam sprayers or a way to store the 2 mixes.

Definitely try the 3in1 ceramic. It`s an amazing product that lasts an exceptionally long time. Probably the best product like it out there. I could even see ditching ceramic coating for this product every 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

hawaiidude- Ah, the 3-in-1 sure sounds promising. I do hope I`d get a lot more than 6 months out of it though, noting that I get at least a year (usually more) out of the FK I`m using now.

Although [rewashing with W&C] would require having 2 foam sprayers or a way to store the 2 mixes.
    I`d have to look into just how I`d do it...my wash regimen is so out-there that it might not really be feasible compared to just redoing the 3-in-1.

Post Thanks / Like

What Fk product are you using? Lasts longer than 6-12 months? Spray and wipe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    What Fk product are you using? Lasts longer than 6-12 months? Spray and wipe?
    The stuff that used to be called FK1000P (it`s now "BWM" or something like that), their paste sealant (or "high temp wax" as they used to describe it). Works on top of any penultimate product I`ve tried it over, resists bugs/birds so well I never clean `em off between washes any more, and a few coats last me well over a year.

I`m gonna try the GG Ceramic AIO topped with the 3-in-1, and I sure hope that lasts/protects as well at the FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like

#1000P and BWM 1000 are exact same product. We used the #1000P product with the marine label originally for the West Marine chain of stores as it worked very well in the conditions it was subjected. No difference today other than packaging and part number.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The stuff that used to be called FK1000P (it`s now "BWM" or something like that), their paste sealant (or "high temp wax" as they used to describe it). Works on top of any penultimate product I`ve tried it over, resists bugs/birds so well I never clean `em off between washes any more, and a few coats last me well over a year.

I`m gonna try the GG Ceramic AIO topped with the 3-in-1, and I sure hope that lasts/protects as well at the FK1000P.
    The 3 in 1 may not last as long but will be 50 times easier to apply than the FK.

I think we are (or I am) confusing products here. I have been talking about the 3 in 1 ceramic spray and not the CAIO. The 3 in 1 spray is amazing because it`s a spray and wipe that potentially lasts 1 year. I have not tried the CAIO but I think after the huge success with the wash and the 3 in 1, I might give it a try.

19 months ago I applied gyeon pure and have been topping with griots 3 in 1. It`s been amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I put on one coat of the Ceramic AIO. One week later, washed the car, and put one one coat of the Ceramic 3-1 Spray wax. Car was not driven and left in the garage, put a second coat of the Ceramic 3-1 spray wax on 24 hours later. That was two weeks ago. Two bucket washed it yesterday, car looks like I just detailed it after the wash.

I used the Ceramic speed shine on it after washing and drying. My plan is a monthly dose of the Ceramic Speed Shine. I doubt it will even be dented by winter here in Central Pennsylvania.

My only real complaint is I do not think the Griot’s ceramic products release water as much as I had hoped. They seem to hold onto water beads more than the Meguiars Ceramic Hybrid products, or even just TW Ice Seal N Shine topped with their Ice spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

I know from reading your posts over the years, you don’t prefer some LSP’s that darken too much. I found the C-AIO to really add a ton of gloss. The 3-1 ceramic spray wax while still extremely glossy, did really darken the paint more than I was expecting. Think Meguiars level of darkening.

The CSS helps moderate that darkening effect to my eye. More of a sealant-glassy type of look than the 3-1 spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

RPPM- Thanks for the heads-up about the 3-in-1 darkening (heh heh, you displayed good memory there, recalling how I am about that!)...maybe I`ll just use it on the white car. The "water releasing" OTOH, might be an issue as I want it to blow off readily when I use the AirWand, as in..."99% dry without touching it". Hm..., we`ll see.

hawaiidude- Sorry, didn`t mean to muddy the waters, I just segued into discussing both of the GG Ceramic products

Ketch- Ah "BWM1000" huh? OK, I oughta be able to remember that, what with the # being the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, confession, I haven`t washed my truck since I last posted I did on 10/24. It`s been super rainy.

BUT it gave me a chance to see the effectiveness of this product and I have to say it`s still going strong. Best observation? It lasted longer than any windshield treatment I`ve used. Water still beading after lots of rain and wiper use. All from a WASH! I`m sold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information