Post Thanks / Like

New Collinite product - No. S-845 INSULATOR SPEED WAX

Insulator Speed Wax - Collinite

Apparently it`s been produced on a limited run.

Has anyone had a chance to try it yet?
    Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Collinite product - No. S-845 INSULATOR SPEED WAX

I ordered a bottle to try out. Still love Collinite products.
    Likes Billy Jack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Unfortunately, they don`t ship overseas.

Please let us know your feedback once you try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll probably give it a try once it`s available at Jeff B`s detailing depot so I don`t get dinged 7 bucks for shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Good plan. Don`t forget to report back. 😉

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I`ll probably give it a try once it`s available at Jeff B`s detailing depot so I don`t get dinged 7 bucks for shipping.
    Ha, I didn`t even know you could get Collinite at Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I ordered a bottle to try out. Still love Collinite products.
    Let us know your thoughts once you try it, Kris. I`m getting lazy in recent years, using drying aid waxes more and more. If this stuff lives up to Collinite`s reputation, it could be a killer product in that role.

Bill
    Likes RPPM, noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So tried this product a couple of times. It shines very much like 845. Produces very small, tight beading. Seems to last pretty well between washes. Been on for about 6 weeks now and through some rain and snow, still retains the classic Collinite shine.

Some thoughts on installation, it does not like cooler, moist environments for application. When applying in those conditions, use very, very sparingly or it will not want to wipe off. Seems to have a pretty high polymer load that just wants to be pushed around the paint in those conditions. 2nd time I tried it, it was almost 60 degrees outside, it worked much better, but still use sparingly. Directions call for 3-4 sprays for small area, I used 2-3 sprays for the entire hood on a Ford Fusion/Mazda 6 size hood. I used the two towel method, wet side of the 1st towel to spread, quick flip over to hit it again with the drier side, followed by a 2nd towel final wipe. I am hoping in warmer, less moist conditions, it will be quicker and easier to spread and wipe dry.

If you like the signature, bright Collinite look, this will make a great topper for Collinite finishing waxes. It is pretty hydrophobic, but obviously not quite as hydrophobic as modern SiO2 infused spray sealants. It also tends to hold onto dust and road dirt when driving in inclement weather more than the modern SiO2 spray sealants do, again, very similar to Collinite traditional waxes, which were always very good until the newer products came out.

By the way, check out the Collinite website, they just announced a new ceramic/graphene spray sealant, a ceramic infused 3 in 1 Detailer, an AIO polish/ceramic/ wax liquid to be used with a DA and a Clay Towel.
    Thanks Dan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, check out the Collinite website, they just announced a new ceramic/graphene spray sealant, a ceramic infused 3 in 1 Detailer, an AIO polish/ceramic/ wax liquid to be used with a DA and a Clay Towel.
    Well, gotta keep up with the Jones`s I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

So tried this product a couple of times. It shines very much like 845. Produces very small, tight beading. Seems to last pretty well between washes. Been on for about 6 weeks now and through some rain and snow, still retains the classic Collinite shine.

Some thoughts on installation, it does not like cooler, moist environments for application. When applying in those conditions, use very, very sparingly or it will not want to wipe off. Seems to have a pretty high polymer load that just wants to be pushed around the paint in those conditions. 2nd time I tried it, it was almost 60 degrees outside, it worked much better, but still use sparingly. Directions call for 3-4 sprays for small area, I used 2-3 sprays for the entire hood on a Ford Fusion/Mazda 6 size hood. I used the two towel method, wet side of the 1st towel to spread, quick flip over to hit it again with the drier side, followed by a 2nd towel final wipe. I am hoping in warmer, less moist conditions, it will be quicker and easier to spread and wipe dry.

If you like the signature, bright Collinite look, this will make a great topper for Collinite finishing waxes. It is pretty hydrophobic, but obviously not quite as hydrophobic as modern SiO2 infused spray sealants. It also tends to hold onto dust and road dirt when driving in inclement weather more than the modern SiO2 spray sealants do, again, very similar to Collinite traditional waxes, which were always very good until the newer products came out.

Thanks for the update. I do like the bright Collinite look on certain colours. Please report back when you get a better idea about durability.

Interestingly, the new ceramic/graphene spray sealant isn`t recommended for use over your current wax/sealant. More for use over ceramic coatings and, I presume, bare paint. Reminds me of the new meguiars ceramic spray. Same deal.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think applying Anything over any type of wax product is going to have to fall off sooner, because the Wax is the first product/foundation on the paint...
    And any wax based product is never going to adhere like a true coating, etc... product

I will also never apply anything over a wax based product, because all the dirt, dust, etc., will Always stick to anything that is already somewhat "sticky"...
    So now, you are rubbing something that may have dirt, etc., in it already, with another product on top of it...
    Dan F

Thread Information