Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don`t want it, you can have it...

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Budgetplan and I go back and forth on that point (I like it). Moonlight also never seems to go bad/get hard. Budget sent me a bottle quite some time ago and it still works and looks like new. Also I imagine you could do 7-9 vehicles with one bottle.
    I will say that Moonlight seemed to do pretty well when I tried it again last Summer.

Used it 50-50 on the hood of a black rental car last summer w CanCoat. Only got to see it thru 1700 miles, nothing long term but a few showers here and there and no real spotting which was my previous concern.

It sure didn`t play well on top of WG Uber Ceramic a few seasons ago I don`t want it, you can have it...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I will say that Moonlight seemed to do pretty well when I tried it again last Summer.

Used it 50-50 on the hood of a black rental car last summer w CanCoat. Only got to see it thru 1700 miles, nothing long term but a few showers here and there and no real spotting which was my previous concern.

It sure didn`t play well on top of WG Uber Ceramic a few seasons ago I don`t want it, you can have it...
    Definitely user error. Need to clean your glasses I don`t want it, you can have it...I don`t want it, you can have it...I don`t want it, you can have it....

Havent tried on a coating but in spring will top CQUK with it and cancoat 50/50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Definitely user error. Need to clean your glasses I don`t want it, you can have it...I don`t want it, you can have it...I don`t want it, you can have it....
    That one`s gonna stay with me for a bit...I don`t want it, you can have it...
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you guys tried Moonlight on plastic trim?
    Everyone I have heard about trying it on the plastic trims have been very satisfied with the results. A bit of rejuvenate ability from it but mostly it`s ease of use and also a really great longevity from it on them too. Almost up there with the 1 years trim coatings. And when you consider the amount of product you get and the price of it gets very economical to use it on the plastic trims.

Rlmccarty yeah when you have found your polishes that you like it`s hard to change those. It`s mostly the Refinish Ultra and Ultra Plus that have cought my interest to test out. I would definitely try out the Tac System Refinish Ultra Plus if I do some compounding on hard clearcoats. Seems to be a beast on those. The pads is like the Carpros ones except the wool pads with the foam interface pad they have. The new Carpro Wool Pad seems also nice. But Rupes pads are awesome. Are you satisfied with the Rupes Blue Wool Pad? Some says that they can be skipping on the paint or jumping or how to describe it LOL. Or they maybe works great with the Jescar and Menzerna compounds? You often use less of the compound on the wool pads for the DA. And maybe way less when you use the short haired wool cutting pads. Have tried so little with the ones that I have. So would want to getting a car with harder paint and put them to test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Everyone I have heard about trying it on the plastic trims have been very satisfied with the results. A bit of rejuvenate ability from it but mostly it`s ease of use and also a really great longevity from it on them too. Almost up there with the 1 years trim coatings. And when you consider the amount of product you get and the price of it gets very economical to use it on the plastic trims.

Rlmccarty yeah when you have found your polishes that you like it`s hard to change those. It`s mostly the Refinish Ultra and Ultra Plus that have cought my interest to test out. I would definitely try out the Tac System Refinish Ultra Plus if I do some compounding on hard clearcoats. Seems to be a beast on those. The pads is like the Carpros ones except the wool pads with the foam interface pad they have. The new Carpro Wool Pad seems also nice. But Rupes pads are awesome. Are you satisfied with the Rupes Blue Wool Pad? Some says that they can be skipping on the paint or jumping or how to describe it LOL. Or they maybe works great with the Jescar and Menzerna compounds? You often use less of the compound on the wool pads for the DA. And maybe way less when you use the short haired wool cutting pads. Have tried so little with the ones that I have. So would want to getting a car with harder paint and put them to test.
    I have not tried Moonlight on plastic trim yet, but see no reason why it should not work well. I’ll give it a shot this Spring.

I’m a big fan of the Rupes blue used with Menzerma 400, cuts and finishes so nice. Even on Black it works as a good one step on non-show cars (also non-Autopian). I’ve used it with my Rupes DAs and tried it out with the Rupes rotary and have been very pleased. The Rupes blue with Jescar Compound works very well too, maybe even better as it seems to be slicker and there is less pad skipping. My old go to for cutting was Menzerma 400 and Meguires microfiber cutting pads, but I get faster and better results with the Rupes blue wool pads. Now my results are mainly on hard German paint systems, but for cutting I would not be hesitant to use the same on bad soft paint systems (test spot first of course). As I get older, and who is getting younger, getting good results fast is a priority instead of messing around for hours trying to find a perfect combination and I’m sure with your back problems you feel similarly.
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot how to start a new thread, so I will ask here:

1) Has anyone tried Mckees 37 new SIO2 Spray Coating?
    2) Is there a reason Autopia & A-G are not re-sellers of this. I`d like to buy a bottle, but I enjoy purchasing here to get my reward points.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Would moonlight be a good topper over trim restored with solution finish? Could I use it on headlights and taillights?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Reason i ordered it. Gonna do moms Rav4 thus spring and lots if black cladding. Gonna usr on mustangs trim too. Heard up to a year’s coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Moonlight on my trim and it keeps it darker longer than WETS....I used Moonlight on my Rav4 and WETS on my wife`s Rav4 and my trim is noticeably darker, even when dirty. I`ll take a picture tomorrow of them side by side.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Would moonlight be a good topper over trim restored with solution finish? Could I use it on headlights and taillights?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Know that I have not used Moonlight or Solution Finish. But I have heard that people have used ceramic coatings over Solution Finish with good results. Moonlight has carriers much like a full blown ceramic coating. But with less SiO2 in it. So it`s the closest product when it comes to the ceramic coating lite range of products there is I think. So follow the Solution Finish recommended cure time. And maybe do a wipe down with a panel prep wipe product like Tac System Oil Zero which is their panel prep wipe product or something like Carpro Eraser or Gyeon Prep works as well. Then apply the Moonlight on a small test spot where you have plastic trim that`s not so visual. If you have plastic trim that`s goes under would be a perfect place to do a test spot on. As the carriers in it is oil based and some products can be desolved by it when you apply over them and it`s a lot of the carriers in the Moonlight. That`s what I would do so I don`t get a horrible mess if the Solution Finish where to be desolved by the Moonlight carriers when you apply it over that.
    What I have seen there are no problems with applying Moonlight over headlights and the taillights. Though just from knowledge is that oil/petroleum don`t do well on any plastic. So if you have headlights and the taillights in good conditions it`s not a problem I think. As always when you try something outside of the box use. Do a test spot on an inconspisiuos place and in this case out of the area where the lights shines through the plastic lens if that makes sense. If you have polished and sanding your headlights a lot and they are old. The chances are that you have very little or nothing left by the oem UV coating on the headlights left. Applying something like an oil/petroleum based product may be hazeing them a little. Now these carriers flashes quickly so I don`t think it`s much of a problem other than if you have a lot of oxidized plastic on the headlights. So a fine polishing and prep wipe down before you do the test spot. Let Moonlight fully cure and then if it`s looks great just do the rest of the headlights and the taillights which usually is the same material. If something is wrong you will see a little haze or a little milky looks from when you applyied Moonlight. You never know so I play it safe LOL. And with doing a test spot with useing a product that`s not designed to be applyied on some surfaces. If something is wrong you you have a less of a mess to handle. But since Moonlight is used so much on plastic trim and rubber seals over here in EU at least. I don`t think it`s much of problem with it. So don`t be scared to not test it out just do it right and look how it reacts and such. Also be thorough when you dry the parts where you going to be applying Moonlight as in around the edges of the trim and headlights. Use a blowdryer if possible around. Oil and petroleum don`t like to be mixed with water. So useing Moonlight as a drying aid would be a real mess LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    2) Is there a reason Autopia & A-G are not re-sellers of this. I`d like to buy a bottle, but I enjoy purchasing here to get my reward points.
    AG/AU and M37 are no longer friends, it seems. AG is selling off their M37 inventory at a discount (go check it out).
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    AG/AU and M37 are no longer friends, it seems. AG is selling off their M37 inventory at a discount (go check it out).
    You`re correct......some good deals to be had
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I have not tried Moonlight on plastic trim yet, but see no reason why it should not work well. I’ll give it a shot this Spring.

I’m a big fan of the Rupes blue used with Menzerma 400, cuts and finishes so nice. Even on Black it works as a good one step on non-show cars (also non-Autopian). I’ve used it with my Rupes DAs and tried it out with the Rupes rotary and have been very pleased. The Rupes blue with Jescar Compound works very well too, maybe even better as it seems to be slicker and there is less pad skipping. My old go to for cutting was Menzerma 400 and Meguires microfiber cutting pads, but I get faster and better results with the Rupes blue wool pads. Now my results are mainly on hard German paint systems, but for cutting I would not be hesitant to use the same on bad soft paint systems (test spot first of course). As I get older, and who is getting younger, getting good results fast is a priority instead of messing around for hours trying to find a perfect combination and I’m sure with your back problems you feel similarly.
    Huge fan of the genre of "spray on and rinse" to apply LSP`s.
    I am however hesitant to recommend friends/family of using them on brand new cars when I have not conclusively researched the potential issues down the road when the car needs professional bodywork done. I`m not sure if the ingredients constitute as "PITA contaminants" that affect the prep stage of a paint job.

Traditional paste/liquid waxes and sealants are only applied to exterior surfaces and do not get behind/into/within body cavities/trim pieces. Prep = "clean what you see"
    With the si02 hybrid ceramic type products that you "spray and rinse" to apply, the product can theoretically get behind and inbetween body panels/trim and re-emerge during body work making it difficult to properly "prep" panels for paint. "Re-emerge" at the bottom of panels when there is strong vibration/air pressure in the booth, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I was graciously offered a bottle of Adam`s VRT, so I got the package today and BOOM there was also a bottle of Adam`s Leather Cleaner they made no mention of. And it`s something I was legit going to buy next month when I finally got around to going to the Adam`s store in Anaheim. The kindness of people on here is pretty mind blowing. Now I gotta go mix up some of my Scholl Bubble Pudding APC so I can clean some plastic and trim and try out the VRT!
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1, mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Available to anyone locally for pick up.

Adams products are unused

Mckees Sio2 Auto wash - 1/4 left in the gallon. Will include the 16oz bottle for refill. It is currently full.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs, Coleroad thanked for this post

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread Information