Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don`t want it, you can have it...

Funny, I just used 3D One for the first time this weekend. It was a quick polish job for a friend who was delighted with the results. Honestly it was 70% of what I could do and what the product could do, I assume, but the results from a quick effort were really good.

I topped it with some Infinity Wax Turbo6 which I had laying around and wanted to try. Went on like any other wax; looking forward to seeing how durable it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I am between wanting to try the Sonax cutmax, and the 3D polishes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by razz2o4 View Post
    How do you like the 3D products?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I guess I liked 3D One but it was kinda oily/greasy which perhaps is because I didn`t work thru enough to make it `not so` but I really don`t wanna have to work a DAT liquid thru 6-8 passes if I can find something that works quicker. I did really dig the top, has 3 small openings instead of one large which made controlled dispensing easier. I also really like HD Polish+ when I need a light SMAT polish (I believe it`s SMAT anyway).

I guess I don`t really get the whole uniqueness of `ONE` whose advantage is `both a compound and a polish` in a single bottle, just switch pads; Isn`t nearly any compound and polish like that to a certain degree? I mean, no matter what pad perhaps M105 ain`t gonna finish down nicely but some other products can vary cut and finish by pad choice, no?

Maybe I need to revisit One, the price certainly is right.
    Likes razz2o4, DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I guess I don`t really get the whole uniqueness of `ONE` whose advantage is `both a compound and a polish` in a single bottle, just switch pads; Isn`t nearly any compound and polish like that to a certain degree? I mean, no matter what pad perhaps M105 ain`t gonna finish down nicely but some other products can vary cut and finish by pad choice, no?
    Yeah, I`d have to agree with you on that. Perhaps, ONE might offer more of a wide spectrum than others? As in, it can have a great cut, or finish out great? Testing is needed, if not already done.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The claim is that the abrasives are "diminishing" meaning as you grind them in, they get smaller, and move from cutting to polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The claim is that the abrasives are "diminishing" meaning as you grind them in, they get smaller, and move from cutting to polishing.
    Eh, most of the polishes/compounds out there are diminishing (DAT) as opposed to SMAT. As mentioned, perhaps 3d found a way to create a wider spectrum of cut-to-polish DAT ingredients...dunno. Given how Menz 400 (DAT) can finish out quite nicely in some situations, while having a pretty decent cut, it still remains a question for me on HD One `uniqueness`.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I liked 3D One but it was kinda oily/greasy which perhaps is because I didn`t work thru enough to make it `not so` but I really don`t wanna have to work a DAT liquid thru 6-8 passes if I can find something that works quicker. I did really dig the top, has 3 small openings instead of one large which made controlled dispensing easier. I also really like HD Polish+ when I need a light SMAT polish (I believe it`s SMAT anyway).

Maybe I need to revisit One, the price certainly is right.
    The good thing is certain places sell the 8 oz bottle.

Once I figured out how to use it, it is a good product for what it does. It does take a few more swipes from the towel to remove it but that is not a big deal. A prep wipe or damp towel helps.

Eh, most of the polishes/compounds out there are diminishing (DAT) as opposed to SMAT. As mentioned, perhaps 3d found a way to create a wider spectrum of cut-to-polish DAT ingredients...dunno. Given how Menz 400 (DAT) can finish out quite nicely in some situations, while having a pretty decent cut, it still remains a question for me on HD One `uniqueness`.
    It has one uniqueness as it can be polished right over if being used as a compound at first.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smat or some nano abrasives if I`m right even if they are non diminishing abrasives. They do loose it`s cut that could be like a some kind of diminishing way when worked long enough. Or if you work them too long on softer paints they can leave noticeble micro marring from them as the abrasive don`t always breaks down in a uniform shape. And that`s the same with the diminishing if you work them too long also.

The widest range of high cut to finish I have seen is Tac System Refinish Ultra. They have started to mill the abrasives in different ways to get both smaller and sharper abrasives that way. And they have released one new kind of milled abrasive that`s used on harder paints. It`s called Tac System Refinish Ultra Plus Compound. I have tested the Refinish Ultra but the test spot with a Scholl Spiderpad White was too aggressive combo on that paint. And ended up with the same pad and Scholl S3 Gold XXL Compound which is like a little notch higher cut than Menzerna HC400. At the same time even if you saw the paint throwed out from the Refinish Ultra it where finished as good or maybe a little better than the S3 combo. Will be interesting to test on another paint and a bc/cc paint as the one I was polishing was a SS paint in very bad condition. Think that Brian at Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube mentioned he liked the Refinish Ultra on harder paints for one steps when One is not enough. If you are interested to try new technology out the Tac System Refinish Ultra and Ultra Plus is a great choice. Tac System was on board and manufactured ceramic coatings when they started to come out. But that where for others and they released their own line 5-6 years ago. So they are used to developing new formulations. If you liked the first version of Carpro Reload get the Tac System Quartz Max as it`s basicly the same from rumors. And then they got on with their own line of products and stopped manufacturing some products and one product was Reload. And they got their second version made else where and got the bad rep from the Reload. Now it`s their fourth version which is much better than the second but still not as the first version. They have some really great products Tac System and seems they have got a new distributor. From Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube comments under the Tac System Shinee Wax. Which made a pretty decent jump on his gloss readings when testing it.

Would be awesome to test out 3D One and push it to the limits on the cutting and finishing on hard and soft paints. And how something like Scholl S20 Black SS one step compound would compare to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have 4 Griots microfiber pads. These are the first generation of pads from them.

Will ship within the 48 states.

Likes BudgetPlan1, Tc99m, SWETM, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Have 4 Griots microfiber pads. These are the first generation of pads from them.

Will ship within the 48 states.

I will take them if you are giving. Thanks.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

The pads are spoken for.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coleroad, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Guz
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Smat or some nano abrasives if I`m right even if they are non diminishing abrasives. They do loose it`s cut that could be like a some kind of diminishing way when worked long enough. Or if you work them too long on softer paints they can leave noticeble micro marring from them as the abrasive don`t always breaks down in a uniform shape. And that`s the same with the diminishing if you work them too long also.

The widest range of high cut to finish I have seen is Tac System Refinish Ultra. They have started to mill the abrasives in different ways to get both smaller and sharper abrasives that way. And they have released one new kind of milled abrasive that`s used on harder paints. It`s called Tac System Refinish Ultra Plus Compound. I have tested the Refinish Ultra but the test spot with a Scholl Spiderpad White was too aggressive combo on that paint. And ended up with the same pad and Scholl S3 Gold XXL Compound which is like a little notch higher cut than Menzerna HC400. At the same time even if you saw the paint throwed out from the Refinish Ultra it where finished as good or maybe a little better than the S3 combo. Will be interesting to test on another paint and a bc/cc paint as the one I was polishing was a SS paint in very bad condition. Think that Brian at Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube mentioned he liked the Refinish Ultra on harder paints for one steps when One is not enough. If you are interested to try new technology out the Tac System Refinish Ultra and Ultra Plus is a great choice. Tac System was on board and manufactured ceramic coatings when they started to come out. But that where for others and they released their own line 5-6 years ago. So they are used to developing new formulations. If you liked the first version of Carpro Reload get the Tac System Quartz Max as it`s basicly the same from rumors. And then they got on with their own line of products and stopped manufacturing some products and one product was Reload. And they got their second version made else where and got the bad rep from the Reload. Now it`s their fourth version which is much better than the second but still not as the first version. They have some really great products Tac System and seems they have got a new distributor. From Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube comments under the Tac System Shinee Wax. Which made a pretty decent jump on his gloss readings when testing it.

Would be awesome to test out 3D One and push it to the limits on the cutting and finishing on hard and soft paints. And how something like Scholl S20 Black SS one step compound would compare to it.
    I’ve always liked everything in the TAC Systems lineup but I never got around to trying out their polish line. If they had a better/larger US distributor I would buy a lot more TAC stuff. Good to hear the polish works good. Maybe I’ll get some for my Spring projects. For me it’s a lot harder to switch from Menzerma/Jescar polishes and Rupes pads than it is to switch up a LSP or a soap.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Moonlight is a solid coating lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Moonlight is a solid coating lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Budgetplan and I go back and forth on that point (I like it). Moonlight also never seems to go bad/get hard. Budget sent me a bottle quite some time ago and it still works and looks like new. Also I imagine you could do 7-9 vehicles with one bottle.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread Information