Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don`t want it, you can have it...

Damn... workin stiff here. Nice stuff. I`m impressed with IGL.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    You got it. PM me your shipping info. Mail already picked up today so wont go out until Monday.

Thanks...tired of staring at these things.
    Said this before BP. It’s very kind of you to do this. Thanks.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes SWETM, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the IGL Leather Coating and Budgetplan1 is right about their kits being “complete”. The kit came with a degreaser, coating, towels, block, and a follow up lotion (think Reload) for the leather coating. Well thought out and impressive.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

1107181229-00.jpg

Hope to get these coated this spring!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I just used the IGL Leather Coating and Budgetplan1 is right about their kits being “complete”. The kit came with a degreaser, coating, towels, block, and a follow up lotion (think Reload) for the leather coating. Well thought out and impressive.
    Yep spot on. I used to be an IGL Certified Installer. Well I still am, but don`t really use their coatings anymore. The kits are very complete, I just personally don`t like the actual paint coatings. Trim, wheel, and leather are all really good. I also really like Premier and Enhancer. I`ve gone onto other products from different companies, but still a good brand.
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m54daboll View Post
    Yep spot on. I used to be an IGL Certified Installer. Well I still am, but don`t really use their coatings anymore. The kits are very complete, I just personally don`t like the actual paint coatings. Trim, wheel, and leather are all really good. I also really like Premier and Enhancer. I`ve gone onto other products from different companies, but still a good brand.
    I haven’t tried any of IGLs paint coatings and Kenzo sounds like a good coating, what was it that you didn’t like about IGL coatings? What is your go to Coating currently?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t tried any of IGLs paint coatings and Kenzo sounds like a good coating, what was it that you didn’t like about IGL coatings? What is your go to Coating currently?
    Quartz is very streaky with even the slightest bit of humidity and Poly, Quartz, Quartz +, and Kenzo all spot very easily. I know ceramic coatings in general can spot pretty easily, but IGL spotted the worst. Of the 75 cars I coated with IGL, 43 of them had to be brought back, re-polished and a different coating applied because they spotted so badly. I took a huge hit to my business profits that year because I had to re-do coatings due to spotting. Now, I am using Gyeon Can Coat, Gyeon Mohs, and Gyeon Syncro. They are very easy to work with and the durability is spot on. I`m not a huge fan of Gyeon Cure (the coating topper silica spray), so I just maintain the Gyeon with a different Silica Spray.
    Michael Daboll

-1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quartz is very streaky with even the slightest bit of humidity and Poly, Quartz, Quartz +, and Kenzo all spot very easily. I know ceramic coatings in general can spot pretty easily, but IGL spotted the worst. Of the 75 cars I coated with IGL, 43 of them had to be brought back, re-polished and a different coating applied because they spotted so badly. I took a huge hit to my business profits that year because I had to re-do coatings due to spotting. Now, I am using Gyeon Can Coat, Gyeon Mohs, and Gyeon Syncro. They are very easy to work with and the durability is spot on. I`m not a huge fan of Gyeon Cure (the coating topper silica spray), so I just maintain the Gyeon with a different Silica Spray.
    Thanks. I’m not a Cure fan either. Too thick and will streak easier than others in its class. Would the coating spot if Premier was applied after coating application? What do you think was the cause of the spotting? After redoing 43 vehicles you must have tried everything to figure out what was causing the problem. It would have driven me crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I’m not a Cure fan either. Too thick and will streak easier than others in its class. Would the coating spot if Premier was applied after coating application? What do you think was the cause of the spotting? After redoing 43 vehicles you must have tried everything to figure out what was causing the problem. It would have driven me crazy.
    It definitely did drive me crazy! Using Premier definitely helped with the spotting, but it didn`t get rid of it entirely. Every car I do a coating on, I make sure I see for maintenance within at least 6 months. This allows me to decon the coating if necessary and inspect how well it is working every 6 months. IGL also makes Delete, an acidic water-spot remover. This removed some of the spots, but to be honest most of these water spots etched into the coating. Other than the chemical makeup of the coating, I have no reason why. Seriously we tried everything we could to help it from spotting. We used Delete water spot remover, topped the coating with multiple coats of Premier (because it can be layered), topped the coating with a Silica Wax. Now for reference, my shop is in San Diego, California. It rains very rarely. The coatings should absolutely not spot as easily as they did. I contacted IGL customer support as well, and they mentioned that a lot of installers were having similar issues, but "that no further action was required".
    Michael Daboll

Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely did drive me crazy! Using Premier definitely helped with the spotting, but it didn`t get rid of it entirely. Every car I do a coating on, I make sure I see for maintenance within at least 6 months. This allows me to decon the coating if necessary and inspect how well it is working every 6 months. IGL also makes Delete, an acidic water-spot remover. This removed some of the spots, but to be honest most of these water spots etched into the coating. Other than the chemical makeup of the coating, I have no reason why. Seriously we tried everything we could to help it from spotting. We used Delete water spot remover, topped the coating with multiple coats of Premier (because it can be layered), topped the coating with a Silica Wax. Now for reference, my shop is in San Diego, California. It rains very rarely. The coatings should absolutely not spot as easily as they did. I contacted IGL customer support as well, and they mentioned that a lot of installers were having similar issues, but "that no further action was required".
    Thanks for the background information. I noticed that you are in California and I wondered how in a place famous for its lack of rain major spotting could occur. I’ve used many different consumer type coatings and luckily (so far) I have not had any spotting problems other than my son letting tap water dry after washing and I had to buff that off. Hopefully IGL will change its formula to decrease the spotting problem. Coatings bead like crazy and that does not allow water to run off naturally, so when it dries if any minerals are in the water spots are going to remain. Even if no minerals are in the rainwater, dust can float onto the beads and cause spots. I’ve never figured out why some coatings are more prone to spotting than others. If anyone has any insight please chime in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...that`s the first time I`ve ever heard of somebody mentioning that IGL is not the best-est, most ultimate coating in all the kingdom. Usually any mention of IGL is just one big love-fest. Glad to know that, in fact, it is,well...like any product out there, that being `not perfect` all the time, every time. Thanks for the insight
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That was fast! Arrived this morning. Wow. IGL makes some nice kits! They really do look complete with everything you need. Again, thanks Budgetplan1.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes BudgetPlan1, m54daboll, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the background information. I noticed that you are in California and I wondered how in a place famous for its lack of rain major spotting could occur. I’ve used many different consumer type coatings and luckily (so far) I have not had any spotting problems other than my son letting tap water dry after washing and I had to buff that off. Hopefully IGL will change its formula to decrease the spotting problem. Coatings bead like crazy and that does not allow water to run off naturally, so when it dries if any minerals are in the water spots are going to remain. Even if no minerals are in the rainwater, dust can float onto the beads and cause spots. I’ve never figured out why some coatings are more prone to spotting than others. If anyone has any insight please chime in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    IGL is made to be very eco-friendly, so they have almost no solvents or VOCs in their coatings. This definitely affects application, but it might also affect coating performance. I`m not sure. Solvents in a coating help "carry" the high silica content and keep it from drying out very fast. Then the solvents outgas and are removed as the coating cures, leaving only the silica layer behind. Without a solvent in a coating, you may have to use less silica in the coating, making it less "hard" for a lack of a better word. I`m not a scientist so this may not be right at all, but just a thought as to why they might spot so easily.
    Michael Daboll

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IGL is made to be very eco-friendly, so they have almost no solvents or VOCs in their coatings. This definitely affects application, but it might also affect coating performance. I`m not sure. Solvents in a coating help "carry" the high silica content and keep it from drying out very fast. Then the solvents outgas and are removed as the coating cures, leaving only the silica layer behind. Without a solvent in a coating, you may have to use less silica in the coating, making it less "hard" for a lack of a better word. I`m not a scientist so this may not be right at all, but just a thought as to why they might spot so easily.
    I’m not sure either. I’m working now with a coating from Kisho and from the smell(not much) and lack of flashing I’m guessing the carrier is not solvent based. So far it is very hard though. I got some high spots that FG 400 had a hard time removing after 1 hour cure time. I have tried to find a chemist to discuss the make up of coatings but I’ve been unsuccessful. Coating tech must be top secret. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes m54daboll, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not an installer for anyone, but I find IGL Premier to be a fantastic entry level coating. It says 6 months and you get 6 months. It`s never streaked for me. Your experience might differ, and that is fine, but I use Premier as a 6 month sealant replacement with the benefits of Sio2 -- the car stays cleaner longer, beads like crazy, and is easier to wash. Plus it`s a 20 minute application. I get 12-15 cars out of a bottle. It`s great for my family fleet of daily drivers.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, m54daboll liked this post

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread Information