Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Hydro 2 Lite Comment and Question

Hey guys,
    I got a new 17 Black tahoe and for the last month I`ve been foaming it with Poorboys foam followed by their Super Slicks & WaX wash. I then dry it with a great little microfiber towel and I`m done. The whole thing takes me 20/30 min MAX. The last 2 times I even added PB QD + to try and extend the luster since my work is at the end of a dirt road.
    The truck looks awesome when I`m done, and I kid you not, it`s not hard work, their products really do most of the work, hence why I`ve been using their products for years with very very happy results!!!!
    Even on my 02 Tahoe with just shy of 200K people still ask me how I kept the paint looking so good. Its PB and their products. AND BTW I dont` work for them or get paid for endorsing their stuff, just a happy customer.

Well today I wanted to test something new and I got a bottle of CarPro Hydro2 lite (already diluted) I followed the instruction and even rinsed the truck with my 1600 psi Ryobi pressure washer. One is supposed to use a bit of forcefull water to rinse off.
    At the end of the process, my truck had this film on it that took me almost an extra hour to buff off with my drying microfibers.

What did I miss, was supposed to wax the truck after, or just rinse it and expect a shiny result, because if so, it was far from that. However, after an hour of serious elbow work the truck did come out nice. So all things considered things ended well. But that elbow work sucked. With the PB stuff I`ve been using its rediculous how easy it works and NO elbow work, besides a qucik dry. The Super Slick & Wax Really does make a difference with the hard water marks left when drying the truck.

Here are two images, one with that film residue or hard water marks after rinsing and drying and one image after sweating my a** off buffing the crap out of the truck with a moist microfiber towel.

Sorry site wont let me post direct images so here are the links

Film
    http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/o...psyyjwciis.jpg

Clean
    http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/rickp1/Truck%20Clean_zpsyfueax5y.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Hydro 2 Lite Comment and Question

Photobucket pics say you need to upgrade your account for others to view your pics/vids.

The Hydro`s are good products but they can be finicky and I think that most who have used these can identify with the situation you describe. Hydro needs to be used on fairly small areas at one time, a door, half a hood, a fender and then copious amounts of water need to be used to rinse it off. If you leave even a small amount on the finish it can streak. I like to rinse from the bottom up and then back down (over and over) so that the product down low isn`t just rinsed off before the water pressure can activate the product. You`ve got to make sure to leave no product on the finish or windows.

I had the problem one time when I didn`t get the luggage racks on a Sport Ute rinsed out well enough and had streaks running down the windows where the Hydro had run out before I got it dried. Good news is that with a bit of elbow grease it will come off. Give it another shot trying smaller areas and even more water than you already have. You might want to compare it to McKee`s 37 Hydro Blue or Gyeon Wet Coat. You may find these to be a little easier to use. I like McKee`s quite well, Wet Coat would be my second choice then the various Hydro products.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I think the dilution ratio for it was 3:1, people report better results at 4:1, I would add a touch of water to the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

OT, or similar. I had some leftover Hydr02 after I finished the car (all panels still wet). Since I mixed it with *tap* water, I figured I would just use it up or my rear lower valence. Resprayed, rinsed as usual - noticed that only this part of the car was streaky after drying the entire car.

Post rinse, does Hydr02 does some sort of accelerated cure or intial cure, in which if you respray it again (this was done within 2 min of the panel being fully rinsed), the 2nd app will guarantee streaks ?

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can add is I have heard of streaking if there is another product, e.g. wax, on the paint before the Hydro2. The paint needs to be clean before Hydro2 will "stick" and not streak.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, thanks for the replies really. I havent used photbucket on a really long time, i guess now you cant just upload and share pics. time to look for another solution to be able to share.

As for the product, I`m gald to hear i didn`t really miss anything. Besides the other experiences posted, my paint job might have had some residual wax on it from the PB products i was using at the time. I did not wash the truck with a specific wax removal soap, so if that`s the case then thats on me. I will say this though, the truck does look really nice after i got done buffing out the product, but damn it was some work!!!!!!

It was still a good learning process. I should have broken out my PC!!! LOL

Again thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information