Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Intenso Window Coating...

Well, insomnia rears its ugly head and costs me $75.

Just browsing the web, found a Kami glass coating and figrd "Why not?" so I ordered it...from England.

Not avaliable in the US that I could find. Shipping really wasn`t too bad at $17 I guess.

*sigh*

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Intenso Window Coating...

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, insomnia rears its ugly head and costs me $75.

Just browsing the web, found a Kami glass coating and figrd "Why not?" so I ordered it...from England.

Not avaliable in the US that I could find. Shipping really wasn`t too bad at $17 I guess.

*sigh*

Nothing state side to coat glass interested you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Nothing state side to coat glass interested you?

Well, have some Gyeon View sitting here waiting for use but have kinda become a Kamikaze Junkie...so decided to go all in on the Vette that`ll be getting Miyabi + ISM + Infinity Wax + Overcoat this weekend in addition to the Stance Rim Coat already on wheels.

Isn`t the first step in overcoming addiction admitting you have a problem? I willingly admit I have somewhat of a detailing product, uh...problem.

Likes trashmanssd, ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

None of have an addiction to detailing products......i think. If one would rather purchase detailing products instead of.....I see no problem

Post Thanks / Like

Budget...we need your review...please
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Todd`s people weren`t impressed when I asked, and the problem we`ve found with kamakaze is consistently being out of stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Todd`s people weren`t impressed when I asked, and the problem we`ve found with kamakaze is consistently being out of stock?
    Yeah, I`d guess that if it was truly supernatural in it`s performance they`d (esoteric) be using it. Yet I still just have to know for myself. It seems that the Kami stuff is often out of stock this summer; getting more popular, perhaps? If you`re counting on the products to make a living I could see possible issues with the out of stock situation...me, I can just wait. The X-Mas in July sale they have right now was a nice surprise too so took advantage of that a bit.

Wife`s daily driver (2016 Civic) has had the Miyabi/ISM/Overcoat on it since last October, made it thru winter without any degradation, added Infinity to it this Spring and it`s just amazing how well that stuff (Miyabi/ISM/Infinity/Overcoat) stays clean.

I thought perhaps the 22ple HPC was gonna give Kami a run for the crown but after applying it to our new black Honda Accord V6 Coupe a few weeks ago, it`s just missing that little, subtle something so I`ll be removing that in a week or so and doing the Kami combo to it.

The black Vette had the WG Uber from last year polished off this Spring, Feynlab Ceramic applied...which looked nice but just doesn`t stay as clean as I`d like (I think that needs the Feynlab Top Coat or Ceramic Lite on top of Ceramic to improve hydrophobic behavior) so it was polished off and will get the Kamikaze stuff this weekend.

To add fiscal insult to injury, earlier this Spring I had removed the WG Uber (or what was left of it from last year) from our black Subaru WRX and done the full Miyabi/ISM/Infinity/Overcoat thing to it...and then traded it in on the Accord Coupe about 4 weeks later.

Got 4 or 5 folks who want their cars done this fall, they`ll be getting 2 coats of Miyabi which is doing surprisingly well on the 3 or 4 cars I used it on this Spring; these products just stay so unbelievably clean on vehicles I just gotta keep going with it.

Have to wonder, though, how large a role does the underlying coating play in this self-cleaning effect? Wouldn`t it just be the top layer of Overcoat that is doing most of the heavy lifting?

FWIW I already rec`d a shipping confirmation/tracking from the Intenso order...will likely receive that quicker than some orders placed from US suppliers. And if nothing else, Intenso will be pleasing to the eye sitting in the bottle with its nice, blue hue. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Kamikaze Intenso Window Coating...-intenso.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Budget...we need your review...please
    Will do...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

lol the detailing strugglei s real...I just placed an order for Miyabi + ISM + overcoat thanks that 15% off sale! lol ugh
    Interesting I never knew Kami had a glass coating but currently I have McKees 37 glass coating on my cars and its fine enough and does well enough. Ill probably need to reapply it in the next few months.
    My next option was to try Gyeon View but interested to read your review on the Kamikaze glass coating as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    lol the detailing strugglei s real...I just placed an order for Miyabi + ISM + overcoat thanks that 15% off sale! lol ugh
    Interesting I never knew Kami had a glass coating but currently I have McKees 37 glass coating on my cars and its fine enough and does well enough. Ill probably need to reapply it in the next few months.
    My next option was to try Gyeon View but interested to read your review on the Kamikaze glass coating as well.
    1. You`ll love the Miyabi/ISM/Overcoat combo...stuff is just plain solid.
    2. I have a recently purchased Gyeon View kit I was planning to use...until 3am this morning, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky enough to run into some rain today, Intenso applied 18hrs prior.

Edit: About 60mph.

Mindless application and removal, wipers glide silently across windshield. We`ll see how it goes.

https://youtu.be/qmyO3O9xMaY

Likes nickclark08, Ronkh, mg031, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budget...too cool of video for product performance, nicley done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it`s been about 3 weeks with Intenso.

1. Great when raining, not so great otherwise.
    2. Particularly poor when bugs and other stuff hit window

While it still sends water flying off windows, anything that hits window seems to leave a mark/trail that is persistent enough that wipers/washers will not remove. A 300 mile trip last weekend seemed to leave 20 or so vertical lines/trails (approx 6" long) on window whenever hit by bug or other `environmental containment`. No bug guts or anything but the streaks/traces it leaves are gonna make this particular offering a no-go. Even with window cleaner and waffle-weave towel, these trails are kinda hard to remove if not attended to right away...takes a bit of scrubbing.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained...wonder how it would work on the windows of my house? Guessing I`ll find out when motivated enough. This stuff would be a real nightmare during bug season in places that get the Love Bugs bad...
    Likes Oneheadlite, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it`s been about 3 weeks with Intenso.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained...wonder how it would work on the windows of my house? ..
    Thanks for the review.
    My home windows get Opti Seal. Bathroom mirrors get Duragloss 105. It`s funny how there are numerous applications for the remnant products we don`t use much anymore. For me coatings have pushed a lot of traditional products to the back of the shelf. Also I took your advice and mixed the CURE down to 70 / 30 with distilled water. Worked like a champ!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...but have kinda become a Kamikaze Junkie...so decided to go all in on the Vette that`ll be getting Miyabi + ISM + Infinity Wax + Overcoat this weekend in addition to the Stance Rim Coat already on wheels.

Isn`t the first step in overcoming addiction admitting you have a problem? I willingly admit I have somewhat of a detailing product, uh...problem.

This is exactly what happened to Brandt with Polish Angel!

I love you guys trying out all of the other products in the Polish Angel and Kamikaze lines... especially when you post your experiences (the good, the bad, and the ugly). Most of us here share the same addiction and already have way more detailing products than we will probably ever use. It`s still fun to experiment though! On the bright side, a guy could have a lot worse vices than obsessing over car care...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes Oneheadlite, BudgetPlan1, glfnaz liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    It`s funny how there are numerous applications for the remnant products we don`t use much anymore. For me coatings have pushed a lot of traditional products to the back of the shelf.
    Glad to hear the Cure worked well cut down a bit. Unless I`m using Cure as part of a Gyeon Mohs/Prime application, I generally don`t use anything but Overcoat anymore. To me, it works so much better than any other SiO2 product that`s it`s just easier to stick with what works best for me. Still have half a jug of Wetcoat left but only occasionally use that for coated wheel maintenance.

Usually around November I look thru the cabinet, grab any coatings I have left and use them all over the house. Have found ISM to work especially nice on the black touchpads of appliances (really cuts down on fingerprints) and stainless steel surfaces of appliances like fridge, microwave, dishwasher, oven/stove. Again, really keeps fingerprints to a minimum. Granite countertops like coatings, as do the solid surfaces of shower walls and such. May as well use it up on something...
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Thread Information