Post Thanks / Like

What dilutions do you use for 1Z Blitz?

Just wondering what people out there find successful for their uses. Tires...General interior wipedown... sills and door jambs. Coated leather... (maybe) Household.

I was thinking of preparing 1:5, 1:20 and 1:50. I`ve googled but found lots of pointers to 1Z`s PDF which has wide range selections like 1:20-1:100. Just wondering what`s worked for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What dilutions do you use for 1Z Blitz?

Mine are 32, 20, 10 and 5

32 is very very light but it`s AWESOME for household stuff like wooden blinds, etc.
    Interiors mainly see cockpit on the the dash.
    Water Only for Seats Primarily.

Engines, wheelwells: 5

Everything in between I am generally use 20, or 10 or Deep Plastic (DP is awesome but strong`ish)

Post Thanks / Like

approximately 30:1 for maintenance wheel cleaning, all sorts of interior cleaning, cleaning (I do have to use OPC @ 7:1 on grimey neglected leather, paired with soft boars hair brush to gently agitate and remove wax and grime buildup from around emblems, bug prespray for maintenance customers, rubber and plastic trim cleaning. I use 1z blitz at 30:1 exclusively. If I need more cleaning power I`ll use OPC 7:1. If OPC 7:1 doesn`t cut it and I need even more cleaning power for removing built up solvent based tire dressing, pre-spotting heavily soiled carpet or grease spots, and scrubbing severely neglected plastic trim, I`ll use 3D Orange Degreaser diluted 4:1.

1z blitz is the best MILD apc I`ve tried and it`s the strongest cleaner I`ll ever use on my personal vehicle or my maintenance customers vehicles, but for me it`s best to have it at one simple dilution and reach for a different product depending on the task.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Just wondering what people out there find successful for their uses. Tires...General interior wipedown... sills and door jambs. Coated leather... (maybe) Household.
    May I share a experience with APC / degreasers on market.

I start off using Meguiars APC+ for wheels, tires, engine bay, and even washing my MF towels etc.
    It is strong and some what dangerous stuff - APC+ will eat through those thin plastic spray bottles you get in dollar store and leakage will develop in a couple months.

As you know, APC+ was some how discontinued.
    I bought OPC to replace.
    It does everything APC+ do faster, safer but more expensive (price, dilution ratio).
    OPC did not eat through those plastic bottles I have.

I also had Pinnacle APC (seems discontinued too) and 3D.
    Pinnacle perform OK but the smell is...
    3D... seems similar to Meguiars.

Mothers also introduced their new professional APC.
    To my pleasant surprise Mothers APC did not eat through plastic bottle.
    Mothers has a light fresh scent during use.
    Mothers is my go-to APC.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Still planning on getting OPC. So many people love it and I want to give it a try. I have mixed up some 20:1 so far and it seems so light - but then when I go to use it I still feel plenty of cleaner so I could see how 30 or 32:1 may work better than my intuition expects.

Post Thanks / Like

Surly, since you ordered W99, use that for you engine. It`s a better degreaser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Better than OPC or Blitz?

Post Thanks / Like

For the engine, given the 3 options,W99 fo sure. That`s only if u have it on hand. No need to order that if you have APC on hand.....
    I`m just a product wh0re

Post Thanks / Like

For the engine, given the 3 options,W99 fo sure. That`s only if u have it on hand. No need to order that if you have APC on hand.....
    I`m just a product wh0re
    I just recently placed my first order in years. In there I got 1L of Blitz, 1L of W99 and a sprayer of Cockpit. I accidentally have a sprayer of Deep Plastic already from years ago. I do still want to try a small bottle of OPC out, then I`ll figure out what I really like. OPC was OOS or unavailable when I ordered

I`m probably going to underestimate what Blitz can do - it smells so "light" and dilution rates are high. I thought I`d be using a degreaser like W99 or 3D yellow on tires and maybe wheels routinely, but then I read Blitz is great for tires.... So who knows. The stuff didn`t break the bank for a single bottle - it`s not like I ordered gallons of each.

Post Thanks / Like

Just going on a hunch - do you have favourite dilutions for W99?

Post Thanks / Like

There is no right-wrong answer on dilution....sorta depends on your average clean level ya know.
    1:5 for me, but it`s used not often. Maybe once a year, generally after winter where it every nook and cranny get`s cleaned out...

I`m OCD with door hinges, so there`s never a need for something like that in that area.
    No white lithium is ever on any of my cars.

YMMV.

Thread Information