Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me choose an APC and degreaser for detailing

Surly- Only one of those I`m familiar with the the Cockpit Premium. It`s just an Interior QD and how many bases it`ll cover will depend on how bad things get.

For us, it`s enough for 99% of the cleanups, I hardly ever have to do a Real Cleanup because our interiors just don`t get that dirty (Dog-Haulers do get a bit more whenever needed). Just another of those YMMV things...some people need Real Cleaning Power for their interiors and other people don`t.

Post Thanks / Like

Surly -

I concur with what DF just said.

Are you going out of your *ways* and will pay shipping for said products in your list.
    LOL, I`m just spoiled by ACC/PBMA promos

It`s been years since I`ve bought from eshine, but eshine.ca is not too far away from you.....
    I`d probably suggest just getting your feet wet, buy whatever is most convenient for you - get familiar with the process and then go all out if you know what I mean....

I love all 3 : CP, Blitz and W99. Blitz being the most universal for the majority of what seems your cleaning agenda.
    A little goes a long way.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Surly -

I concur with what DF just said.

Are you going out of your *ways* and will pay shipping for said products in your list.
    LOL, I`m just spoiled by ACC/PBMA promos

It`s been years since I`ve bought from eshine, but eshine.ca is not too far away from you.....
    I`d probably suggest just getting your feet wet, buy whatever is most convenient for you - get familiar with the process and then go all out if you know what I mean....

I love all 3 : CP, Blitz and W99. Blitz being the most universal for the majority of what seems your cleaning agenda.
    A little goes a long way.....
    I know I don`t need *all* of what I`ve bought - but I wanted a shortlist of excellent products, and I`ll figure out what I end up using and get more of that. My tastes have changed away from my formerly favourite interior dressing and I want to give CP a try. I already had deep cleaner, and I think that Blitz or OPC (when I find a place that has it) will end up being my APC for most of the time.

People have said some pretty amazing things about W99 and I`ll probably use it somewhere, slowly. It might be on a BBQ or someone else`s truly nasty car somewhere.

At least I think this stuff doesn`t go "bad" over a few years, unlike compounds and other stuff.

I also ordered a couple of 16oz bottles of a short list of car shampoos - I`ll figure out one or two that I really like and go with those from now on. I got a bunch of PB stuff - bug, bird crap, shampoo. I used to have a bug and bird QD quick in my trunk when I had my "stuff" together. Cottage trips leave me with sap and bugs. Just trying to get my act together, autotopia style.

Post Thanks / Like

My true test of the safeness of an APC is to use it on a variety of delicate non-coated soiled leather and see if you get any color transfer? If it works in that situation you`re generally good to go for everything else (except on bad repairs).
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    At least I think this stuff doesn`t go "bad" over a few years, unlike compounds and other stuff.

I don`t dilute all my stuff with distilled. Actually, the only stuff I dilute with distilled currently, is just Hydr02. FWIW, I have noticed on some Blitz dilutions, if I don`t use them for quite awhile, with my soft tapwater, it does develop some sort of ~white curdle~.......

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t dilute all my stuff with distilled. Actually, the only stuff I dilute with distilled currently, is just Hydr02. FWIW, I have noticed on some Blitz dilutions, if I don`t use them for quite awhile, with my soft tapwater, it does develop some sort of ~white curdle~.......
    Mmmm. "Curdle" has such good visuals. I think that I`ll try to stick to diluting my "new" stuff with distilled whenever possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you get past your initial hump on cleanliness, you might discover water is your favorite apc :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Once you get past your initial hump on cleanliness, you might discover water is your favorite apc :-)
    I don`t feel I have any cleanliness "humps" with my DD. The average Joe would probably say it looks like showroom despite being a 2011 and having two young kids. I do need a good product to use with a brush to clean the coated leather. I have sunscreen transfer in a few places. The leather is black so I can`t see the "average" buildup that I know is there. Should I coat it? Maybe. On the outside, I want to part ways with Simple Green as my typical cleaner, and I think what I liked for deep wheel/tire cleaning was discontinued so I need stuff for wheels, tires, bugs, and sap. It`s time for a better soap too.

I`ve just been stuck in 2005 (remember those "Guru reports"?) and I`m running out of stuff or my tastes/needs have changed - time to pick new. e.g. I used to love Meg #40 on interiors - too shiny for me now even wiped off with dry MF. 303 AP looks nice, but smells like BO for the next week and I find it either turns white or visibly comes off of surfaces in the presence of any dampness (like a hot person on a summer day sitting in a seat or putting an elbow on an armrest).

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. A blast from the past. I can`t recall exactly but very vaugely rememember the guru reports. I think circa 2001 or 2002..

Post Thanks / Like

Surly- I`m probably turning into a broken record here, but every time you post about the vehicle in question I think "he just doesn`t need an APC for that, just an Interior QD". I mean...my wife`s `00/high-mile A8 gets used fairly hard and that`s all I use on it for years on end...haven`t "properly treated" the leather since forever and it`s fine. I don`t even have to do the Tahoe properly more than once/twice a year, and it has those dogs in it all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information