Post Thanks / Like

Opti-seal vs Meguiar`s Ultimate Fast Finish

I just received a product email from Autopia which had, as one of its products, Optimum Opti-seal. Ive never used a sealant before although Ive used other Optimum products. .I have a new car on order and was wondering if Opti-seal might be a good product to apply after I get it home, followed probably by P21S which Ive always liked using.

When searching for reviews on Opti-seal, I note that most of them are old, ie, circa 2010 or there about. Is it still considered a good product wrt ease of application, shine, and longevity, or are newer products more effective using these criteria.

How does it compare to Meguiar`s Ultimate Fast Finish or other LSPs?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opti-seal vs Meguiar`s Ultimate Fast Finish

Opti-Seal is ok. It won`t be the longest lasting protection. The benefit is that it is so easy to use that reapplication is quick. It can also be used as a drying aid.

From personal experience they are different. UFF beads and sheets better than opti-seal. I have also noticed that UFF does not attract that much dust compared to opti-seal. It is too early to tell on the longevity of it but at 2 months it is doing very well.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Opti-Seal is ok. It won`t be the longest lasting protection. The benefit is that it is so easy to use that reapplication is quick. It can also be used as a drying aid.

From personal experience they are different. UFF beads and sheets better than opti-seal. I have also noticed that UFF does not attract that much dust compared to opti-seal. It is too early to tell on the longevity of it but at 2 months it is doing very well.

Thanks Guz.. So, Ive been watching a lot of videos of water tests both short term and long term, and what impressed me the most was that to me, nothing seems to beat some of the waxes for impressive slickness and longevity.. The Collinite 845 was outstanding, and Ive always appreciated the ease of use and results with S100/P21S.

I guess Im just a wax guy at heart. Never even used a sealant. However there`s no doubt that some of the sealants weve been talking about are quicker/easier to work with.. On my 135i, Ive only used waxes and I get more than very satisfactory results.. Ill typically lay down one coat of Collinite 915 once a year, and live the rest of the year with only very occasional refreshes with either S100 or Meguiar`s ultimate quick wax while drying the car. This regimen lasts me a year no problem. There`s no question, though, that the Collonite 915 is a bear to work with. Im interested in replacing it with the 845 and apply/remove with my PC. That might be easier, and longevity seems to be as good or almost as good as the 915 from what Ive read. But they all seem to beat the sealants in terms of immediate hydrophobic response and slickness which is a big deal to me.

Comments?

Post Thanks / Like

You might like their spray wax, smells great, can be used on fresh repaints, has patented UV protection that absorbs into the CC, easy on and off. Works great as a clay lube too.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Ultimate Quick Wax? Already use it as part of my refresher program
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No the optimum spray wax, its a true wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
    Thanks Guz.. So, Ive been watching a lot of videos of water tests both short term and long term, and what impressed me the most was that to me, nothing seems to beat some of the waxes for impressive slickness and longevity.. The Collinite 845 was outstanding, and Ive always appreciated the ease of use and results with S100/P21S.

I guess Im just a wax guy at heart. Never even used a sealant. However there`s no doubt that some of the sealants weve been talking about are quicker/easier to work with.. On my 135i, Ive only used waxes and I get more than very satisfactory results.. Ill typically lay down one coat of Collinite 915 once a year, and live the rest of the year with only very occasional refreshes with either S100 or Meguiar`s ultimate quick wax while drying the car. This regimen lasts me a year no problem. There`s no question, though, that the Collonite 915 is a bear to work with. Im interested in replacing it with the 845 and apply/remove with my PC. That might be easier, and longevity seems to be as good or almost as good as the 915 from what Ive read. But they all seem to beat the sealants in terms of immediate hydrophobic response and slickness which is a big deal to me.

Comments?
    as Accumulator would say
    FK1000P --- Hands Down!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    No the optimum spray wax, its a true wax.
    I used it once, and I hated it! Matter of fact I was just going through my old supplies and tossed that bottle.. When I used it, it seemed to remove whatever protection I had under it, and left me with no beading or sheeting at all.. Before I just tossed it, I sprayed some on my fingers, and it was grabby without an ounce of `slip` at all. I only mention it because thats was its behavior on my car. Maybe I had a dead bottle of it or something. I dont know, but it was horrible for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird, its my favorite spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, it really is weird.. Some of my products are quite old, including that one, but none have suffered a shelf life deficiency, except perhaps that one. Ill just chalk it off to a dead bottle, and maybe Ill give it a try again, although Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax is awfully good.

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Finish will stain trim per Meguiar`s, although I tested it on black trim and it was fine. Opti-Seal is my favorite detailing product, easiest application and you can put it on near any surface from paint to hard plastic trim to rubber. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Thread Information