Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feynlab Ceramic...

Well I ordered Prime and Ceramic Lite to try out...

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Waterless wash

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    http://www.flawlessreflectionsautodetailing.com/
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Don`t worry about removing it too soon either. Every coating is different; just follow the directions and you`ll be fine. .
    If only they had included some directions...

Have been looking today, can`t seem to find any guidance about using the products.

Any tips on dilution/usage of prime as a wipedown after compounf/polish?

As for the coating, is it really forgiving enough to apply to entire car and then level/buff off? 25 minutes working time?

The wash seemed to be a Si-infused, Gyeon Bathe+ type of product? Again, no instructions regarding dilution, etc.

Don`t mind experimenting but don`t wanna go in totally blind either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    If only they had included some directions...

Have been looking today, can`t seem to find any guidance about using the products.

Any tips on dilution/usage of prime as a wipedown after compounf/polish?

As for the coating, is it really forgiving enough to apply to entire car and then level/buff off? 25 minutes working time?

The wash seemed to be a Si-infused, Gyeon Bathe+ type of product? Again, no instructions regarding dilution, etc.

Don`t mind experimenting but don`t wanna go in totally blind either.
    Got a bit `o guidance from some folks:

- Prime dilution ratio is 1:15
    - Wash is 1:15 for heavy decontamination, or 1:100 for light cleansing
    - Ceramic is a pretty straight forward coating to use, no real idiosyncrasies
    I guess the ceramic is very forgiving, coat half the car, then remove...up to 25 minutes working time (temp dependent)

Will likely give it a go this weekend...any other tips from Feynlab Ceramic veterans, please let me know!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Got a bit `o guidance from some folks:

I guess the ceramic is very forgiving, coat half the car, then remove...up to 25 minutes working time (temp dependent)

Will likely give it a go this weekend...any other tips from Feynlab Ceramic veterans, please let me know!

Thanks
    I apply Ceramic just like I do Finest, Americana, etc. I use the block and suede method to apply. I always use 2 microfibers to remove: a medium nap one first followed by the CarPro large suede one. If you don`t have the suede, don`t sweat it. I just like using a 2nd different one to ensure you`ve removed everything. One thing I started doing with Heal Lite, but haven`t tried yet with Ceramic, is to mist the surface with a VERY SMALL amount of water after initially removing it and then wiping that off. Seems to boost the smoothness and also ensures complete removal. That`s probably not the recommended method, but I`m going to try it that way next time I use Ceramic. You can try it on a panel that way if you want to see if it improves it or not.

I also like using Ultima Waterless Wash once I`ve done the whole car (better to wait at least an hour if you can) as it adds an INSANE amount of slickness. Lastly, it`s not so much temperature that affects its removal, it`s humidity. The more humid= shorter removal time.

Hope that helps. If you get stuck on anything, you can text me at 519-965-5911
    Likes Ronkh, ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, ShakingHorizons, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I apply Ceramic just like I do Finest, Americana, etc. I use the block and suede method to apply. I always use 2 microfibers to remove: a medium nap one first followed by the CarPro large suede one. If you don`t have the suede, don`t sweat it. I just like using a 2nd different one to ensure you`ve removed everything. One thing I started doing with Heal Lite, but haven`t tried yet with Ceramic, is to mist the surface with a VERY SMALL amount of water after initially removing it and then wiping that off. Seems to boost the smoothness and also ensures complete removal. That`s probably not the recommended method, but I`m going to try it that way next time I use Ceramic. You can try it on a panel that way if you want to see if it improves it or not.

I also like using Ultima Waterless Wash once I`ve done the whole car (better to wait at least an hour if you can) as it adds an INSANE amount of slickness. Lastly, it`s not so much temperature that affects its removal, it`s humidity. The more humid= shorter removal time.

Hope that helps. If you get stuck on anything, you can text me at 519-965-5911
    Thanks for the info and the offer of help!

It`s gonna be relatively cool and not so humid this weekend (so `they` say); does the Ceramic really have an `up to 25 minute` working time? That`s pretty forgiving in ideal conditions...

Don`t have any UWW so probably skip that...interesting option though.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does. Lite is very forgiving too, maybe more so.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and the offer of help!

It`s gonna be relatively cool and not so humid this weekend (so `they` say); does the Ceramic really have an `up to 25 minute` working time? That`s pretty forgiving in ideal conditions...

Don`t have any UWW so probably skip that...interesting option though.

Let`s put it this way, I applied to a whole car like old school wax - go around and then start wiping off at the start point.

Worked as advertised... but I forgot I missed a spot somehow - the gas tank cover which I noticed 5 hours later!

I gasped and thought, well out with the Rupes mini.. but to my surprise, it wiped off fairly easily still.. not cured and with no high spots.

Even more surprising was that the surface felt more slick and thick than the rest of the panels.

I will redo a panel and use up what is left on it and leave it longer than 25 min and see if will do the same.

I think I`ll also start with prime and see how it goes

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does. Lite is very forgiving too, maybe more so.

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Let`s put it this way, I applied to a whole car like old school wax - go around and then start wiping off at the start point.

Worked as advertised... but I forgot I missed a spot somehow - the gas tank cover which I noticed 5 hours later!

I gasped and thought, well out with the Rupes mini.. but to my surprise, it wiped off fairly easily still.. not cured and with no high spots.

Even more surprising was that the surface felt more slick and thick than the rest of the panels.

I will redo a panel and use up what is left on it and leave it longer than 25 min and see if will do the same.

I think I`ll also start with prime and see how it goes

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow...this sure sounds like some nice product...wonder why it`s not more mainstream?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...this sure sounds like some nice product...wonder why it`s not more mainstream?
    It`s new to the market. Honestly, the more people use it, the more popular it will become!!

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a product that lends itself to mutiple coats/layers or a one and done deal? An hour or so between layers or a 22ple-ish 12-24hr between coats? Seems like even 5hr later still not cured if fixable at that point.

Hoping this stuff exceeds expectations; sure is a good value.

Post Thanks / Like

They don`t even have published application instructions for their coatings yet. I have high hopes, though. Non-tier 1 coatings have been such a let down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Booger View Post
    Non-tier 1 coatings have been such a let down.
    Can you elaborate? I have used tier 1 and 2 products, so I would like to hear your feedback.
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

any real point to the Prime if you typically do a panel prep/wipe prior to coating anyways?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Booger View Post
    They don`t even have published application instructions for their coatings yet. I have high hopes, though. Non-tier 1 coatings have been such a let down.
    Tier 1 = Pro/Certified only?
    Tier 2 = Consumer avaliable?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information