Post Thanks / Like

Foam Gun with Boars hair brush attached

I wonder if any of my fellow Autopians have tried this? Remove the front wand and attached one of the Montana flow through brushes (https://www.universalbrush.com/shop04/) maybe the Monster rectangle rubber covered brush. Add a quick disconnect with a 45 degree elbow to get a better angle for the brush. Will this work?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam Gun with Boars hair brush attached

kajunman- If you get it to work, let me know

I`d *love* to put together that kind of combo, but I`ve never gotten past the thinking stage.

I don`t think that big one would work, for a number of reasons:

-Their big flow-through brushes have very long, but quite coarse, bristles IME. I *DO NOT* like them and never use mine on the body proper (sometimes on undercarriages)
    -The holes in the brush`s handle (metal or plastic, they seem the same) wouldn`t distribute the foamgun output in a manner I`d want (OK, I`m picky)

So I`d want one of the more "regular" BHBs if I were doing it.

THEN....Gee, how to attach the foamgun`s nozzle in such a way that it`d produce the right kind of output, uniformly distrubuted throughout the bristles and stay securely mounted?

When you say "remove the front wand" do you mean the black plastic nozzle of the Foamgun? AFAIK, that needs to be on there to get the proper aeration for the "foam"-aspect of the suds. A regulart Quick-Disconnect wouldn`t to it IMO.

OR did you mean to remove the hollow handle of the flow-through BHB?

MY thought was along the lines of hooking the foamgun up to one of the small, round BHBs. I`d want a small one so the foamgun`s output would really keep the bristles saturated, which currently requires me to move the foamgun`s nozzle up/down the length of the BHB constantly. It`d sure take a lot of passes to do a regular panel with that though, even by my standards it`d take forever and I dunno just how well those little BHBs would work for cleaning regular panels. So my "I can see this working.." idea probably wouldn`t actually *WORK* in the practical/functional sense of washing the car.

For a regular-size rectangular BHB, I`d want maybe three foamgun nozzles, evenly spaced, sticking down maybe 3/8" into the bristles. Solder up a three-prong feed tube that`d connect the three nozzles to the (single) brass output pipe on the foamgun. Have to see how well the foaming worked with that much output required, might need boosted pressure and you`d have to refill the jug pretty often, but anyhow....THAT is how I`d want to set one up if I could wave a Magic Wand to accomplish it.

Heh heh, I *would* like some discussion along this line....

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator,
    Yes, I was talking about the front wand. I was afraid that it

would effect foam aeration. Maybe this is a new project product for AG. I think it would be a big seller.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though you remove the black end you would still get a soap mix solution going to the BHB it just wouldn`t be foamy.

Years ago I bought one of those mops with the long aluminum tube that attaches to a garden hose. I can`t remember if I have ever hooked it up to a garden hose but bought it for getting the roof on my Dakota. I considered somehow hooking it up to something that induced soap and never thought about trying to hook it up to the foam gun some how.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

kajunman & skibik- There`s a non-foaming tip you can use on the foamgun in place of the aerating nozzle. Trying it for various things, I was quickly and decisively convinced that it has no place in my detailing.

A few years ago, I tried running a shampoo mix through the flow-through BHB using a siphoning setup (made for plant fertilizer or somesuch). After a considerable number of tries (not just a dozen) I gave up on it. Not even close to what I can do with my two-handed foamgun-`n`-BHB approach.

The flow-through BHB itself was part of the problem; those long and not-too-numerous bristles as used in the flow-through BHBs just didn`t work for me. Too easy to bend `em over and rub their shafts against the paint (rather than just the flagged tips) and insufficient cleaning if used gently enough to avoid that (and I don`t mind doing a section numerous times).

I find the aeration/"foaming" (scare-quotes intentional as it`s sure not what I`d call Foam) is important, as is a thorough saturation of all the bristles (hence my contantly moving the foamgun up/down the length of the BHB ). Need to keep all the bristles constantly soaked/flushed with that output.

Note that I also work hard to keep the foamgun`s output sprayed just *ahead* of the BHB; I wouldn`t want it just in the middle lest there be insufficient output at the BHB`s leading edge bristles. Though I might be OK with it given enough output (hence my idea of using three foaming nozzles). Seems like I`m always adjusting both the BHB and the foamgun to get everything just the way I want it and fixing the two units together would precluded that.

Eh, I`m sooo careful/particular about this that perhaps I`m emphasizing stuff that wouldn`t be of importance to others. But for *ME*, doing it otherwise would defeat the purpose of the whole thing, namely to wash as marring-free as I can.

Thread Information