Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Professional Water Hoses

I am interested in hearing from any of you who have found professional grade water hoses you would recommend. I have owned nice ones, but they have at best been high end garden hoses in my opinion. I want some professional grade water hoses for my shop/wash pit. Please let me know of any such recommendations. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Professional Water Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    I am interested in hearing from any of you who have found professional grade water hoses you would recommend. I have owned nice ones, but they have at best been high end garden hoses in my opinion. I want some professional grade water hoses for my shop/wash pit. Please let me know of any such recommendations. Thank you.
    Goodyear makes a recycled commercial grade water hose. My client has had his for 11 years. No kinks and no tears from dragging across pavers. Only negative I know of is that over time, wear gloves. As your hands will turn black

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I be had the Griot`s hose for sometime now. Absolutely the best hose I`ve had in 18 years in business! Removable aluminum ends make it easy to repair if needed and it doesn`t kink!
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have Goodyear and Craftsman rubber hoses that have been very durable.

I`ve been looking for another hose and the Flexzilla caught my eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a Flexzilla and have had it for over 3 years. Works great and am VERY happy with the quality.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a reel hose (and a hose reel) from Eley in the Spring.

https://www.eleyhosereels.com/

Absolutely the finest quality reel and hose I have ever purchased. I`ll NEVER go back to anything else.

The hose is incredible. I recommend it 100%. I bought the 5/8" Polyurethane Garden Hose (100 foot). Yes it`s expensive but you get what you pay for.

Zero kinks!! And I mean zero. Made in USA, lightweight, brass fittings and a 10 year warranty.

In my opinion - there`s nothing better.
    Likes nothingface5384, JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn`t Goodyear make the black, rubber hoses for Sears? I bought one a few years ago, 100` length, and find it to be very durable. However, I guess I can`t really recommend it as it has one very odd characteristic that really bugs me: it unrolls itself from the hose reel. It kind of has a mind of its own. I`ve never experienced this before. Problem is, the soft rubber material tends to "grab" stuff when it`s unrolling and it grabbed the lawn mower handle and I pulled it right into the hood of the car. I was NOT happy about that.

What worries me most about this hose is I think it`s going to last a really long time It does kink once in a while. It does make your hands black when it`s new. It picks up a lot of sand and grit and grass due to the soft material.

I really like these hoses, probably my favorite of what I`ve sampled to date:

Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Ive got a Flexzilla and have had it for over 3 years. Works great and am VERY happy with the quality.
    Another for Flexzilla.
    BUT they definitely get all twisted up if you don`t get a hose reel. I coil mine in nice plastic baskets..so definitely trashing them for hose reels eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Goodyear hose as well and have been very happy with it.
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I be had the Griot`s hose for sometime now. Absolutely the best hose I`ve had in 18 years in business! Removable aluminum ends make it easy to repair if needed and it doesn`t kink!
    Eh, unfortunately....different experience with them here. Mine do kink and I`ve had to repair them at least as often as my Flexogens.

Same with the Craftsman and Swan ones.

Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations...I *have* had all my hoses for quite a while now. I generally send in the cut-off ends once for a replacement and then just keep repairing `em after that...not sure whether I could get a new one every time or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know how you are using it but mine is used at least twice a day or more. I keep mine on a retracting reel and it is inside the shop, but it has never given me a problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Goodyear/Craftsman rubber hoses. I have a 50ft. + 50ft. hose that I use in the drive way, coiled correctly of course. And a 75ft. + 25ft. hose coiled in a very large plastic flower pot for mobile use. They will kink, but are easily unbound. No leaks in over 5 years of use. Disclaimer: I live in Orlando, so we do not get cold weather, but the hoses are always outside.

Post Thanks / Like

i`m back on regular 8 ply green hose.....and I do sorta like it more than rubber hoses.
    Rubber hoses are great, light, but they kink.
    Pick your poison.

I probably got a 75 and 25 footer rubber, and another green 8 ply in the garage...
    Try both..8 ply is heavier, but I hated the kinking..

Post Thanks / Like

i just bought a cheepy one for now as my flexilla only lasted 1 season of the year.....will go ealey later

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 100` rubber Briggs and Stratton hose and it`s been good to me. Rubber is the way to go IMO. Zero coil memory so it lays flat every time and you never have to deal with kinks. I`ve been using it for over a year and haven`t had a single issue with it. Also have never experienced my hands turning black when handling it. I`ve had a couple pvc hoses and just can`t stand the coil memory, especially when they won`t lay flat around a car and you risk hitting the car as you pull the hose around.

Also +1 for the Eley hose reel. Expensive but it`s the last hose reel you`ll ever buy. It`s that good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information