Thread: AMMO Products?

Post Thanks / Like

Question AMMO Products?

What are some thoughts on AMMO`s products?

Are they any good?

Is there anything they make better than anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO Products?

Expensive boutique brand, but delivers great results. Not very economical if you`re running a busy business. I`ve tried everything from Larry except his interior products, reflex, & wheel wax. Everything smells awesome too.

Foam - good soap, but $$

Hydrate - very similar to Adam`s Guard & Gloss, but it may cause streaking if you apply it directly to the paint, especially dark colors. I haven`t found a better drying aid since. Not so friendly with coatings.

Skin - very similar to powerlock, but $$$

Spit - nice quick wax. has a deep red color so you need to be sure to buff it completely off, otherwise it`ll stick out like a sore thumb (unless you`ve got a candy red car or something)

Brute - wheel...soap? it cleans, but i never tried it on my paint

Plum - comparable iron remover to anything else on the market. pH neutral so it`s safe for paint.

Mud - AWESOME. Smells great, lasts for months on your tires, safe for plastics and other trim. The gel formula helps to eliminate sling. My favorite product by Larry.

Creme Wax - great show car wax, wipe on / wipe off application. Smells like big red

Boost - I was actually very surprised by this. I like adding a couple drops of this to my wash to help eliminate water spotting, and keeps the suds going in your wash.

I have his Leveling Fluid & Jeweler`s Polish from before he discontinued them...simply put, they are a great compound & polish combo. He said he wasn`t happy with them and wanted them to be more like M105 & M205, but it`s been about two years since he pulled them. I`m afraid to use up my bottles in fear that they`ll never be back.

BTW i think you should be posting these questions not in the review section...
    Central / Northern NJ - http://www.finnsfinedetails.com

Beeds Ceramic Coating Installer

Feynlab Coatings coming soon...
    Likes Angus, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cf2121 View Post
    Expensive boutique brand, but delivers great results. Not very economical if you`re running a busy business. I`ve tried everything from Larry except his interior products, reflex, & wheel wax. Everything smells awesome too.

Foam - good soap, but $$

Hydrate - very similar to Adam`s Guard & Gloss, but it may cause streaking if you apply it directly to the paint, especially dark colors. I haven`t found a better drying aid since. Not so friendly with coatings.

Skin - very similar to powerlock, but $$$

Spit - nice quick wax. has a deep red color so you need to be sure to buff it completely off, otherwise it`ll stick out like a sore thumb (unless you`ve got a candy red car or something)

Brute - wheel...soap? it cleans, but i never tried it on my paint

Plum - comparable iron remover to anything else on the market. pH neutral so it`s safe for paint.

Mud - AWESOME. Smells great, lasts for months on your tires, safe for plastics and other trim. The gel formula helps to eliminate sling. My favorite product by Larry.

Creme Wax - great show car wax, wipe on / wipe off application. Smells like big red

Boost - I was actually very surprised by this. I like adding a couple drops of this to my wash to help eliminate water spotting, and keeps the suds going in your wash.
    I pretty much agree with everything cf2121 said. I am currently using everything except for Gelee. I love his products, they honestly aren`t as expensive as everyone says in my opinion. If you break down roughly how many cars you get per bottle(If your using the correct amount and not blowing half a bottle on one car), the difference in price isn`t that great.

Reflex is by far his best product in my opinion. A coating that delivers protection and shine for up to a year?!? AND you can put it on trim?!?! Yes please!
    Likes cf2121 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you try to search? I see you are asking about single brands in different posts. Sometimes a search for a couple different terms can really help, there are TONS of topics and multiple discussions on just about any product you can shake a stick at on here. You could probably binge search for a week. lol
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes cf2121, HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cf2121 View Post
    Thanks for your input! Even though it wasn`t all that wordy, it was to the point and gave me a nice understanding. I don`t see much on Ammo products. But that`s likely because the cost factor drives me away, so I don`t bother looking for reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    You could probably binge search for a week. lol

VERY true! Been there and done that.

wife: [sleepy voice] Are you still looking at reviews?
    me: shh shhh... [whisper] go back to sleep
    Likes cf2121, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for your input! Even though it wasn`t all that wordy, it was to the point and gave me a nice understanding. I don`t see much on Ammo products. But that`s likely because the cost factor drives me away, so I don`t bother looking for reviews.

VERY true! Been there and done that.

wife: [sleepy voice] Are you still looking at reviews?
    me: shh shhh... [whisper] go back to sleep
    And you haven`t found out everything there is to know about every Opt product available? Weird. Ammo is less talked about since it`s not sold here so that`s understandable.
    Don

1989 Formula 350

Post Thanks / Like

That should have said CarPro not OPT sorry
    Don

1989 Formula 350

Post Thanks / Like

From my pov, larry has very high standards and It wouldnt suprise me if his products are the best he could develop.

Post Thanks / Like

If you watch his video on Obsessed Garage channel you will learn a lot about Larry and his processes. This video is over an hour long.
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, another line of products.

Post Thanks / Like

And you haven`t found out everything there is to know about every Opt product available? Weird. Ammo is less talked about since it`s not sold here so that`s understandable.
    That should have said CarPro not OPT sorry

You lost me

I haven`t looked into CarPro stuff, except IronX type stuff, and Essence. Oh and glass polish and gloss pads

Not sure if you were thinking I was Dispatch?

Post Thanks / Like

Mud is my favorite tire dressing, have been using the same bottle for years seems like it lasts forever.

Thread Information