Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FK1000P on glass?

Mbkite- That`s odd...even when my sample tin dried out I was able to use it after a little spritz of FK425. There is a huge diff between the "usual" softness and how it is when it dries out, but it was still usable in my case.

I`m assuming you put it on nice and thin; thick enough to be obviously visible on the paint is a zillion times too much.

I would`ve called FinishKare and asked for a replacement (they have great CS IME, though I`m not sure if Leda`s still there..she was my go-to contact).

Post Thanks / Like

So I`ve had the FK1000P on the car for a little more than a week now and I have some first impressions regarding how it holds up.

The #1 thing I noticed is that the car attracts less dust than it did with Collinite 845 and looks cleaner for longer. While both products leave a surface that is very slick to the touch, I suspect that the Collinite 845 is softer and more adhesive than the FK1000P.

Yesterday I took the car to a DIY wash bay where I spent three minutes with nothing but the high-pressure washer going around the car, followed by a quick spot-free rinse using de-ionized water. I followed that with a quick blow-dry on the freeway. The painted surfaces are absolutely spotless and the wheels have shed most of their brake dust, with only small amounts remaining in tight corners of the wheels that might have come clean with a more targeted blast from the pressure washer.

From an effectiveness perspective FK1000P is getting two thumbs up so far.

Post Thanks / Like

PRND[S]- Your FK1000P experiences mirror mine.

Sure is handy, the way a mere pressure-washing can do so much.

And I suspect the diffs between it and 845 will become more pronounced over time as my 845 always dropped off more precipitously than the FK does.

Though I *will* give you a raised eyebrow over that "little more than a week" timeframe But then again, this *is* Autopia!

(NOT hating on 845, still using it on some stuff.)

Post Thanks / Like

I usually don`t get to wash the car during the week (tight underground parking with no running water and a less-than-understanding HOA prevent doing so at home), and dust built up unexpectedly slowly on the FK1000P since its application. Most of my detailing stuff has actually been kept at a friend`s house for the last few months since I`ve spent more time cleaning their cars than mine, and they have plenty of space and easy electricity/water access. Anything more involved than a hose-down would need to be done at their house, which is what I did a week ago when I put the FK1000P on my car and one of theirs.

Last year I did two-bucket rinseless washes at home on the weekends, but the hose-down and freeway blow-dry of the FK1000P-protected car looked just as good. I`ll probably do that for a while to see how it holds up over time, and then go back to two-bucket when the aesthetics no longer satisfy me.

Post Thanks / Like

PRND[S]- I`ll be interested to hear how long you can go with just the rinsing. That`s one challenging situation you`re dealing with there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information