Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 135
  1. #76
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Budgetplan1 that is some awesome gloss! I don`t say that often either. Wow.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    So to me, what I would like to know is this: is the shine and gloss better than Cure? So far I feel like Cure has refreshed my coating so that it looks about brand new.
    To my eyes, Moonlight looks mostly like a newly coated car, Cure a little less so. I`m mostly curious to see how clean it stays thru rain and daily use although the Vette generally doesn`t go out in rain often ( too lazy to wash it if it gets dirty ) . Now the hood of the fleet truck I did at work is used and neglected, sits outside every nite, that will be interesting to watch.

    I also found Moonlight to be easier to apply than Cure, which usually streaks for me this season for some odd reason. Wipe on (easy to see when applied) and easy, light removal.
    Likes kevincwelch, Audios S6, Boden, Benderman liked this post

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Well, seems as if oil (based) and water don`t mix to well. The Moonlight seems to prone to water spotting; water spots that take some `aggressive` washing and drying to remove.

    After a quick rain shower, previously clean car:



    A short video of simulated rain shower after washing; the Moonlight leaves lotsa water droplets on car.
    https://youtu.be/GEfDFRiFgoM

    Vette after short rain shower, previously clean car:






    Same results on work truck (no prior coating) as on Vette (WG Uber Ceramic). Significant water spotting.


    Flood rinsing after wash leaves a lot of water on surface...maint. ease is non-existent.

    Does have excellent gloss, however, but not something I`d use on a daily driver. Anyone wanna give it a shot I`ll send you what`s left of bottle (nearly full); I will not be using again.

    Looking forward to the 22ple Finitura release; it`s supposed to be a similar-use product.

  4. #79
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, seems as if oil (based) and water don`t mix to well. The Moonlight seems to prone to water spotting; water spots that take some `aggressive` washing and drying to remove.

    After a quick rain shower, previously clean car:



    A short video of simulated rain shower after washing; the Moonlight leaves lotsa water droplets on car.
    https://youtu.be/GEfDFRiFgoM

    Vette after short rain shower, previously clean car:






    Same results on work truck (no prior coating) as on Vette (WG Uber Ceramic). Significant water spotting.


    Flood rinsing after wash leaves a lot of water on surface...maint. ease is non-existent.

    Does have excellent gloss, however, but not something I`d use on a daily driver. Anyone wanna give it a shot I`ll send you what`s left of bottle (nearly full); I will not be using again.

    Looking forward to the 22ple Finitura release; it`s supposed to be a similar-use product.
    Well, that has me miffed.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  5. #80
    kevincwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Disappointing.

    It hasn`t rained yet around here since applying Moonlight to my dark blue Model S. I am a bit worried now.

    Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Disappointing.

    It hasn`t rained yet around here since applying Moonlight to my dark blue Model S. I am a bit worried now.
    Will be interesting to see how it works for you. My results could be operator error or local conditions...never know.

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Moonlight being sent to rlmccarty2000...perhaps he`ll have better luck and if so...I`m thinking I musta missed/gooned something along the way while using this product. Such nice sheeting upon 24hrs after application:

    https://youtu.be/-YDz5WooY3w

    Oh well...Can Coat, here I come! I like the concept that I had in mind for Moonlight (re-invigorating older coating applications that had lost some of their effectiveness but were still protecting on a diminished level) but the actual results were disheartening in this case.

    I topped the Vette with Overcoat after the Moonlight let me down (not sure how those 2 will play together with the Moonlight being oil-based), hopefully that restores the self-cleaning a bit...hadn`t planned on re-doing that car this season.

  8. #83
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Maybe I`ll try the QuartzMaxx over the Moonlight to avoid spotting. Quartzmax really works well for me. I`m using it mixed with ECH2O for coating maintenance.

  9. #84
    Boden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    I would be very interested to see the surface Moonlight leaves behind under magnification. I`m guessing it`s pretty rough at the microscopic level to waterspot like that.

    Common problem with textural hydrophobic surfaces.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Quote Originally Posted by Boden View Post
    I would be very interested to see the surface Moonlight leaves behind under magnification. I`m guessing it`s pretty rough at the microscopic level to waterspot like that.

    Common problem with textural hydrophobic surfaces.
    In addition to hazing/dulling the deepness of the black just a very, very tiny bit (due to oil as carrier perhaps?) it seemed to amplify the distinct orange peel of the Corvette paint...maybe it added to it ever so slightly or the increased gloss just made it more apparent? Who knows...
    Likes Boden liked this post

  11. #86
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how it works for you. My results could be operator error or local conditions...never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Moonlight being sent to rlmccarty2000...perhaps he`ll have better luck and if so...I`m thinking I musta missed/gooned something along the way while using this product. Such nice sheeting upon 24hrs after application:

    https://youtu.be/-YDz5WooY3w

    Oh well...Can Coat, here I come! I like the concept that I had in mind for Moonlight (re-invigorating older coating applications that had lost some of their effectiveness but were still protecting on a diminished level) but the actual results were disheartening in this case.

    I topped the Vette with Overcoat after the Moonlight let me down (not sure how those 2 will play together with the Moonlight being oil-based), hopefully that restores the self-cleaning a bit...hadn`t planned on re-doing that car this season.
    Unless there is an easy fix, IMHO if you "gooned it" or user error, it`s too much of a pain to use.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  12. #87
    Boden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    In addition to hazing/dulling the deepness of the black just a very, very tiny bit (due to oil as carrier perhaps?) it seemed to amplify the distinct orange peel of the Corvette paint...maybe it added to it ever so slightly or the increased gloss just made it more apparent? Who knows...
    The plot thickens!!

    Just talked to to a friend at MIT who works on nano particle coatings. He thinks the layer is too thick if you are getting mineral deposition.

    Now that you say it caused an optical dullness I agree this is likely the culprit. This stuff may need to go on thin.

  13. #88
    Boden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Gentleman from TAC systems should be along shortly. Had a nice chat with him. Seems this is rare.

  14. #89
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    I`ve been emailing David from TAC Systems and he asked me to post the following instructions on Moonlight:

    moonlight is the closest item you`ll get to a coating - same prep is recommended as any coatings installs to give it the intended longevity. its not a true coating topper, hence the oil base. Tacsystem coating topper is Quartz max, which can be added within one hour after any application of Tacsystem coatings. In order to apply moonlight on top of coating, you must wait 7 days after coating application. moonlight can be used as a stand alone product as well.



  15. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

    Tacsystem moonlight -MoonLight (oil Based) - 9months
    Product Description: Moonlight is an oil-based topical maintenance coating, containing 25% SiO2. Moonlight lasts up to 9 months while greatly enhances gloss to vehicle surfaces. While, primarily used as a topper to SiO2 coatings, Moonlight functions as a highly durable stand alone coating.

    Product Benefits: A deep gloss with SiO2 protection that lasts up to twice as long as traditional waxes and sealants, Moonlight helps vehicles maintain that `just detailed` look
    Durability: 9 months.

    Durability : 9 months.

    Common Uses: When applied all Exterior vehicle surfaces and to wheels, Moonlight helps maintenance cleaning super fast and simple.

    Warnings: Wear gloves. Ensure application area is free of loose contamination.

    * * Caution: Any towel used to apply Moonlight hardens, therefore be aware of the towel after application.

    Directions: Clean and dry all exterior vehicle surfaces thoroughly. Apply out of direct sun to cool vehicle panels.
    1] With a dedicated MF suede or MF applicator pad, apply a small amount of moonlight to the applicator then begin to work it in, one panel at a time. It spreads out very well... a little goes a long ways.
    2] Once applied allow moonlight to dwell for 3 minutes, then using a clean soft MF towel, buff the surface until all excess product is removed.
    * Moonlight requires 1-2hours of cure time before water exposure.

    Tips / Alternate Uses: Moonlight can also be used to darken hard and faded exterior trim pieces.


    As far as moonlight vs quartz max.

    Moonlight is oil based, therefore being applied right after coating application is not suggested. Moonlight is best when its applied 7 days after coating is fully cured. Same prep as a coating to give its intended longevity. Moonlight will hardened the cap once exposed to oxygen. Spray head will clog up after first usage. Tacsystem is working on that issue as we speak. Towels will get stiff as well, just as a coating would but not as hard as an actually coating (beware of that).

    Quartz max - this is the coating topper after post application of a coating. Can be used as a stand alone sealant as well. Quartzmax has a lowe level of sio2 in it compared to moonlight.


    New tacsystem website will be launched - i understand the critisicm of the web site not looking good or not having useful information.

    Packaging - i apologize for the packaging as well,i saw this post and im fixing the packaging problem as we speak. Anything you guys need please feel free to email: Info@tacsystemusa.com. those that recieved tacsystem products and it leaked, please get in contact with me.
    My number is on tacsystem web site. Any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.


    P.S - i saw somebody having an issue with water spotting after moonlight, this is the first time. Intrigued to know your location, application method ( surface prep). Has it been coated before? Polished? Water spots removed? Plz let me know so i can trouble shoot the problem.

    Thank you - david
    Likes Boden, Ronkh, kevincwelch, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

 

 
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. glfnaz,
  2. mobiledynamics

Similar Threads

  1. Which wax for 2011 Infiniti Moonlight White metallic?
    By Damn Dirty Ape in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 12:31 AM
  2. 96 Mustang GT Moonlight Blue
    By justinschmidt1 in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 07:02 PM
  3. mobile dvd systems
    By drrac2 in forum Car Interior & Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 11:38 AM
  4. Some pictures by moonlight (12 pics)
    By hafid in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 10:48 AM
  5. Regarding the ABC systems, can you...
    By byrdpt in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2002, 09:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •