Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

Nice and shiny! Truthfully that was the review I was hoping for. Basically wipe and shine. I like that "coating lite" statement, it hopefully fits with 6+ months of real protection. I`m just trying to figure out how and where to use Moonlight. I really like everything I have used from TAC Systems so I will not be surprised to see it last a while. Thanks for letting us bug you into trying Moonlight.

Post Thanks / Like

@budgetplan1 Nicely done. About the 1min work time, at what temperature?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boden View Post
    @budgetplan1 Nicely done. About the 1min work time, at what temperature?
    A
    About 68 degrees inside warehouse, rainy and about 65 outside during application. It`s pretty much an apply and remove deal; no waiting. Started to get grabby at about a minute, likely less in warmer, more humid conditions.
    Thanks Boden thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does it flash to a dry haze?

Last question....OverCoat or Moonlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Does it flash to a dry haze?

Last question....OverCoat or Moonlight?
    Kinda does flash but as it starts to it slowly gets grabby. Thinking that flashing to a dry haze *might* be going too long.

Will have to see longevity/hydrophobic behavior to see if it`s in the same league as Overcoat. Overcoat is a pretty lofty peak to aspire to. I think Moonlight and Overcoat may have similar yet different purposes.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Overcoat is on sale this weekend---FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Overcoat is on sale this weekend---FYI
    Yeah...my timing is great. Picked up some Overcoat and Infinity Wax...last weekend with their $5 shipping deal. Not such a deal after all, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yeah...my timing is great. Picked up some Overcoat and Infinity Wax...last weekend with their $5 shipping deal. Not such a deal after all, eh?
    If you buy more, you cost average lower......

(that`s how I ended up with a ton of unopened boxes....)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for ruining the weekend for you. I was trying to give you a tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If you buy more, you cost average lower......

(that`s how I ended up with a ton of unopened boxes....)
    And that`s how I ended up with over 200 buffing pads over the course of the last year.

Sorry for ruining the weekend for you. I was trying to give you a tip.
    Eh, no biggie, thanks for the tip...always something to buy when they have a sale although may make the trip down there next weekend for the open house so we`ll see if they have any on-site promo`s going...still wanna try the Kami Stance Wheel Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Initially (22hrs after application) looks like this product might have some legs if it holds up; some nice water behavior, says I:

https://youtu.be/-YDz5WooY3w

Took it for a short ride after hosing, at about 30-35mph it started nicely shedding any remaining drops on the hood; even a left turn from a stop sent water droplets rolling across and off the hood.

Think I might I might do the whole Vette (WG Uber Ceramic applied a year ago, still holding pretty well); worst case, it`s just a Corvette...oops, did I type that?

Edit: People at work are starting to think I`m a bit odd when they see me doing stuff like this...although they are always impressed once you explain what they should be impressed by. Sun just came out so i put a few drops of water on hood in area where they won`t roll off just to see if it leaves any spots.
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail, kevincwelch, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And that`s how I ended up with over 200 buffing pads over the course of the last year.

Eh, no biggie, thanks for the tip...always something to buy when they have a sale although may make the trip down there next weekend for the open house so we`ll see if they have any on-site promo`s going...still wanna try the Kami Stance Wheel Coating.
    I`m planning on going to open house, was hoping I could take advantage of sale this weekend but what I want doesn`t qualify..

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, what the heck...washed, FerreX`d, washed, Gyeon Prep`d the `ol 2004 black Corvette (WG Uber Ceramic applied Spring 2016, upkeep with Overcoat, Wetcoat, Cure, Bathe+ since then) and went over the car with the Moonlight. Blue microfiber applicator pad, 1-2 spritzes per panel was enough for somewhat heavy coverage. Wipe on, cross-hatch pattern, wipe off. Saw some high spots about 45 minutes after application when pulled outta garage, easily buffed off so there is some working time. Glossy and smooth although (and I might just be delirious) it seemed to lighten the darkness of the black paint just a bit when looking at certain angles but will look again tonite in same lighting after 24 hours to cure; might be imagining it...

The WG Uber Ceramic was doing OK after a year (car garaged November thru March) so figured may as well top it with the Moonlight to see how that holds up.

After doing the hood of a Ford Ranger at work and then the Corvette body/roof panels (no Wheels) this is how much was used:

Post Application:

For me, think I found where this would be a good circumstance to use; car is already coated, coating a bit old and losing some effectiveness but no need to re-polish, re-coat if I can get 6 months outta the Moonlight with 1 or 2 applications. Doesn`t seem to consume much product, easily done in about 15 minutes. If the water behavior/self cleaning holds for 6 months, may be a place for this in between a coating and a Cure/Overcoat product. Have a car coated with McKees last year, coating starting to fade a bit in some areas...maybe some quick Moonlight on it and see how it does over the course of the summer with little more than occasional washing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes glfnaz, kevincwelch, Ronkh, HCF, nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures!

That`s what I started thinking - a maintenance coating for the cars that are already coated. But, if one truly gets 6-9 months out of it, using it as a sole coating might be reasonable as well. On the other hand, if you`re going to perform a correction and prep to get optimal bonding of Moonlight, you might as well put on a regular coating.

Moonlight seems to be to be like an iPad - right in the middle but a smaller market.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Nice pictures!

That`s what I started thinking - a maintenance coating for the cars that are already coated. But, if one truly gets 6-9 months out of it, using it as a sole coating might be reasonable as well. On the other hand, if you`re going to perform a correction and prep to get optimal bonding of Moonlight, you might as well put on a regular coating.

Moonlight seems to be to be like an iPad - right in the middle but a smaller market.
    I`d agree, but this is exactly how I utilize Gyeon Cure. I guess Gyeon Cure is only a 2-3 month product and Moonlight is a 6 month product, but Cure is less expensive and also equally simple to use. So to me, what I would like to know is this: is the shine and gloss better than Cure? So far I feel like Cure has refreshed my coating so that it looks about brand new.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information