Post Thanks / Like

Re: TAC Systems Moonlight

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Posted 6 hours ago....

Where is it?
    Slowly tapping my foot.....

Post Thanks / Like

Looking like Wednesday evening to try it out. Gotta get the CR-V finished up tomorrow , 2nd coat of the 22ple HPC, Gyeon Rim and Gyeon Trim; that stuff (HPC) is just incredible in its application. Unreal.

When ya get to work at 4:30am and don`t start messing with the cars until after 4pm, makes for a long day. And then there`s pads and towels to clean when ya get home. Gonna have to pull back on this car stuff soon...getting tired.
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Detailer gets new product, autopia members be like...

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Posted this over in a UK detailing site. Wanted some questions answered about TAC.

[quote name="kevincwelch" post=5332527]I just received my first order from TAC System US!

In the order:
    1. Moonlight
    2. Mystic Bubble
    3. Mystic Water Repellent
    4. TR.ZR
    5. Tire Coat
    6. Quartz Max

I have several questions about application, as the TAC System US website is not very informative.

Moonlight
    For Moonlight, is this better applied directly to the surface of the vehicle`s paint with a few spritzes and then spread around, buffed, etc., or is it better to apply to an applicator (suede microfiber or microfiber towel, e.g.) and then spread?

Is there a "flash" time or wait period between applying Moonlight and buffing it off?

Either of the 2 is fine for application. Personally, I like the spray on microfiber applicator method, find it easier to spread and control. No flash time, apply to a panel then remove
    Mystic Bubble
    The ratio on the bottle says 500:1. I assume that is for a traditional bucket wash and not the foam lance. That works out to be about 20mL in 3 gallons (11.4 liters)

Correct, this is for traditional bucket wash. Mystic Bubble is designed for coatings where you want a plain, simple shampoo with nothing in it that can effect the coating itself
    Mystic Water Repellent
    The ratio on the bottle says 7:1. That can`t be for a bucket-style wash. How is this soap/repellent used?

Does this soap have SiO2 in it? What`s in it?

siO2 based. For his shampoo you can use it 2 ways. One is to use through a foam lance. Fill about 2 inches in the bottom, then fill with water. Apply with the dial turned toward the - sign. Basically apply then rinse off.
    Alternatively you can use it diluted in a spray bottle. Spray directly onto your wash mitt and wash a panel. Rinse in your rinse bucket and then repeat. So rather than having a wash bucket and dipping your mitt in there you are spraying your wash solution directly onto the mitt
    Tire Coat
    I would assume that this is applied to a mf applicator and then used to dress the tire. Is there a period of time recommended before wiping the excess? Is it heat activated at all? Is it applied like PERL? Does it need to be (can it be) diluted?

Don`t dilute. Either spray directly to tyre or onto tyre applicator (my preferred method). Leave the excess. As it is a water based polymer dressing, as the water evaporates it leaves behind the polymer so removing excess will be removing some of the polymer aswell.

Quartz Max
    Spray on, spread and buff? Generously applied? Sparingly applied? Like Reload?

Apply sparingly. More is definitely not better. Better to apply 2 coats then trying to apply one heavy coat. 2/3 sprays a panel is more than enough.

Thanks for humoring me.[/quote]

Hi,

Sorry, just seen this.
    Answers in red

Imran
    Last edited by kevincwelch; 05-24-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Formatting

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to these reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

No reviews yet??? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    No reviews yet??? Lol
    I know right?... Reviews should be like the "News". Just make something up so you can claim `First!` Then when enough time passes so you can ascertain the actual facts make them a footnote. *disclamer: this comment is thick with sarcasm a sprinkle of cynicism and is in no way directed at the OP*
    Thanks Audios S6 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No reviews yet??? Lol
    Hoping to give it a shot tonight on a prepped/polished hood...if they would just quit using the work vehicles for, well...you know, work. Busiest week of the year in the pool biz in NE Ohio...don`t they know my product testing is more important than getting their jobs done?
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Patience, Luke.

I will be reviewing Mystic Bubble, Mystic Repellent, Tire Coat and I`ll be one of a few probably who will add a Moonlight review.

Ready are you? Lol

Likes heisenberg, Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just gave it a try...seems nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Just gave it a try...seems nice.
    Hmmmm. That sounds tooo much like my old reviews.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The longetivity of Moonlight is what makes it anticipatory. They claim 9 months durability for an inexpensive wipe on wipe off product. If you get 6 months and still have protection I would call it a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

The longetivity of Moonlight is what makes it anticipatory. They claim 9 months durability for an inexpensive wipe on wipe off product. If you get 6 months and still have protection I would call it a winner.
    This about sums it up as far as a stand alone product; relatively inexpensive, fast and easy to apply, leaves a nice gloss. The key is, indeed, the longevity and self cleaning abilities.

Applied to hood of Ford Ranger, half a hood, buff off, do the other half. Took about 3-4 minutes to apply and buff hood using a 3x5 blue microfiber applicator pad. Nice mist from bottle sprayer; goes on thicker than Cure or Overcoat, seems pretty slick feeling after application. No streaking or high spots seen, seems pretty forgiving.

Seems to go fairly far with respect to amount of product used, likely conservative estimate is 6-8 mid size cars in bottle.

I probably applied a little thick so I could see texture of applicator pad in product trail...flashed a bit in under a minute, definately a wipe on, wipe off deal. Could feel product begin to get a bit grabby when I delayed over the 1 minute mark...probably a one panel at a time application strategy.

Again, if it holds up and shows good water behavior, probably very useful as a quick `coating lite`.

Once things slow down a bit and I can catch the CSL coated van with an over nite window, I`ll give that a quick decon wash (have to find out exactly what that entails for a coated vehicle) and top it with the Moonlight and see how that holds up.

Will be able to see water behavior quickly as this truck will be all about town in about 12 hours, all thru a predicted rainy, Memorial Day weekend. Time will tell.

Truck prepped with Optimum FerreX, nanoskin medium clay mitt (WG Auto Bathe), M101 on LC Force Hybrid Orange using Flex 3401. Hadda be quick to squeeze trying Moonlight in busy schedule.

After application pics from phone for whatever that`s worth:
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Shines nice
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    This about sums it up as far as a stand alone product; relatively inexpensive, fast and easy to apply, leaves a nice gloss. The key is, indeed, the longevity and self cleaning abilities.

Applied to hood of Ford Ranger, half a hood, buff off, do the other half. Took about 3-4 minutes to apply and buff hood using a 3x5 blue microfiber applicator pad. Nice mist from bottle sprayer; goes on thicker than Cure or Overcoat, seems pretty slick feeling after application. No streaking or high spots seen, seems pretty forgiving.

Seems to go fairly far with respect to amount of product used, likely conservative estimate is 6-8 mid size cars in bottle.

I probably applied a little thick so I could see texture of applicator pad in product trail...flashed a bit in under a minute, definately a wipe on, wipe off deal. Could feel product begin to get a bit grabby when I delayed over the 1 minute mark...probably a one panel at a time application strategy.

Again, if it holds up and shows good water behavior, probably very useful as a quick `coating lite`.

Once things slow down a bit and I can catch the CSL coated van with an over nite window, I`ll give that a quick decon wash (have to find out exactly what that entails for a coated vehicle) and top it with the Moonlight and see how that holds up.

Will be able to see water behavior quickly as this truck will be all about town in about 12 hours, all thru a predicted rainy, Memorial Day weekend. Time will tell.

Truck prepped with Optimum FerreX, nanoskin medium clay mitt (WG Auto Bathe), M101 on LC Force Hybrid Orange using Flex 3401. Hadda be quick to squeeze trying Moonlight in busy schedule.

After application pics from phone for whatever that`s worth:

Thank you sir!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information