Thread: RestorFX

Post Thanks / Like

RestorFX

Anyone heard of this company or their products before? They are a local manufacture to me and I love supporting local companies. Their website and claims look great, but figured I would reach out here to see if anyone has any experience.
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RestorFX

Is it like this restorFX - RestorFX Greater Toronto Area | Permanent Automotive Refinishing

I had heard about this a while ago. I think there are a few shops in Toronto that I follow on instagram using this but I have no first hand experience with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Is it like this restorFX - RestorFX Greater Toronto Area | Permanent Automotive Refinishing

I had heard about this a while ago. I think there are a few shops in Toronto that I follow on instagram using this but I have no first hand experience with it.
    Yes, that it is. All I can find is Canada posts referencing it which surprised me, seeing that it is made locally to me.
    Reflective Impressions

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn`t find ANY independent reviews on YT. The reviews I did find are by detail shops. It seems as though nobody has reviewed the product, or RestorFX has found a way to silence all independent YT reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    I couldn`t find ANY independent reviews on YT. The reviews I did find are by detail shops. It seems as though nobody has reviewed the product, or RestorFX has found a way to silence all independent YT reviews.
    I was able to talk to a rep last night. You have to buy a license to use their product, along with a 5 day training course in Washington. After you complete training you are given a "kit" that should complete about 40 cars. Your total cost for all of this - $14.5k - which includes your lodging and meals while in WA.

They claim that you no longer have to spend hours buffing and cutting a vehicle, you just wash - clay - apply and have a flawless finish. They state you can do a typical car (Honda Civic was mentioned) in 3-4 hours. If I did this as a business and could truly cut 12+ hours out then this would be worth it IMO (based on claims) - but as a weekend warrior, I`ll have to pass.
    Reflective Impressions

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that`s pretty steep. If the kit completes about 40 cars...each car would have to be charged approximately $360 just to break even.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A five day course to learn how to wash and clay a car sounds a little crazy. I don`t think many people will fall for that. If it is so easy and the results are that great there should be tons of reviews. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Oneheadlite liked this post

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

The product is legit and does do what it claims;however, the leadership is extremely suspect and would suggest looking for an alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xspwrstang View Post
    Wow that`s pretty steep. If the kit completes about 40 cars...each car would have to be charged approximately $360 just to break even.
    You`re also getting the training, lodging and meals for a week. to OP any idea how much the product costs when you need more?

I Googled and there are some reviews/pics for the LV location on Yelp, some of the before and after pics, I really can`t believe there wasn`t some serious correction work done. There`s a blue BMW on the 1st page of pics, if that`s legit wow. I don`t buy it though. I did read up on what they offer, doesn`t seem like an easy process. Sounds like you need to use paint sprayers and it still takes 3-4 hours. So it`s not exactly a quick process.

Thread Information