Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zaino

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaino

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    .. I only come here to read that politics thread and bite my tongue..
    I`m simply avoiding that thread, and I figure I bite my tongue enough as it is ,

I`ve mentioned to you if you like the old lemon Z-16 you should try the DG 253...
    Yeah, that`s what I plan to buy should I outlive my, uhm...accumulated..stash of ERV slime. Only couple more gallons to go now...currently working through Griot`s and Pinnacle (the latter`s looking great BTW).

FWIW I sometimes invoke your name in vain over on AGO, LOL.
    Heh heh, I`d love to read those (I think!)...just not enough to visit another Detailing Site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, that`s what I plan to buy should I outlive my, uhm...accumulated..stash of ERV slime. Only couple more gallons to go now...currently working through Griot`s and Pinnacle (the latter`s looking great BTW).
    GALLONS! whoa.

Which Pinnacle product? I once bought a gallon of their Black Onyx Tire dressing....and have yet to use it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    GALLONS! whoa.
    Heh heh, I *earned* that username But yeah...one gallon each of Griot`s and Pinnacle.

Which Pinnacle product? I once bought a gallon of their Black Onyx Tire dressing....and have yet to use it!
    I have their "regular" vinyl/rubber Protectant, not the one made specifically for tires. I bought it for use on interiors, but when it didn`t play nice with my last `vette (that was a while ago and I don`t mean just a decade! Still fine though) I left it on the shelf. Decided to try using it up on tires, applied to the Tahoe`s (figuring "who cares how it looks on that dog-hauler") and *gee, that looks OK*. Now I`m using it on my drivers while using up the Griot`s on the A8. Guess I`m saving my last bottle or so of Z16 for the S8 or something...
    Likes TuxedoTaurus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How long ago was that? I probably bought mine 5 or 6 years ago (looked it up--7 years ago), maybe something has changed.
    FC&S was purchased Mid 2016
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting my z6 and FC&s were never red. I know my FC&s is older than 2016 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Interesting my z6 and FC&s were never red. I know my FC&s is older than 2016 though
    I just looked at my Z-6 and FC&S...the Z-6 is more purple, while the FC&S is more pink. Colors tend not to be that consistent in products though, batch to batch. They smell very similar, but slightly different.

I also looked at my Z-8 and Aquawax, the Z-8 is yellow while the AQ is clear, again they smell very similar, but slightly different. I have found them to perform differently (like Z-8 is much more concentrated, they are similar products however in what they are supposed to do and how they work and how you use them). I have never been able to discern any performance difference between Z-6 and FC&S.

As I think I have noted in other threads a long time ago, there are just too many similarities and odd coincidences for Zaino and DG to not be related, however that in no way makes them the same. I have never gotten as good performance out of the DG sealants as I have out of Zaino, for instance. But in the case of Z-6 and FC&S, they are too close for me to discern any difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I`d love to read those (I think!)...just not enough to visit another Detailing Site.
    Nothing bad, I promise, but nothing worth going over there for.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I *earned* that username But yeah...one gallon each of Griot`s and Pinnacle.
    Oh, no doubt you earned that name! Just on the sheer number of waxes you have!

I have their "regular" vinyl/rubber Protectant, not the one made specifically for tires. I bought it for use on interiors, but when it didn`t play nice with my last `vette (that was a while ago and I don`t mean just a decade! Still fine though) I left it on the shelf. Decided to try using it up on tires, applied to the Tahoe`s (figuring "who cares how it looks on that dog-hauler") and *gee, that looks OK*. Now I`m using it on my drivers while using up the Griot`s on the A8. Guess I`m saving my last bottle or so of Z16 for the S8 or something...
    Good info. And I think my Jeep will be like the Tahoe ("who cares how [something] looks on that")

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino is my sealant of choice when I`m not coating a car. Nothing makes metallics jump out of the paint quite like it! I have no issue with helping pay for Sal`s retirement fund either

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing bad..[posted about Accumulator at AGO], I promise...
    Heh heh, well...it wouldn`t have been the first time

Oh, no doubt you earned [username "Accumulator"]! Just on the sheer number of waxes you have!
    Funny thing is, these days a lot of people have more of this stuff than I ever did! But yeah...buy a case of something long-lasting and you`ll have it for a while (still wish somebody`d throw money at me for it).

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Zaino is my sealant of choice when I`m not coating a car.
    Nice to see you posting too, seems like it`s been a while!

How long does the Zaino last for you, and how is it with regard to etching-resistance. IIRC people have had nasty bird-bombs etch through it if not cleaned off soon enough.

Z2 is one of the few LSPs I can regularly ID.."hey, nice car...is that Zaino? Thought so.."

Post Thanks / Like

How long does the Zaino last for you, and how is it with regard to etching-resistance. IIRC people have had nasty bird-bombs etch through it if not cleaned off soon enough.

Z2 is one of the few LSPs I can regularly ID.."hey, nice car...is that Zaino? Thought so.."
    Had irreversible (aside from wet sanding) water spot etchings on black c5 corvette while covered in 3 layers of z5 w zfx. Bird bomb blemishes as well even if removed within 24hrs.

Stuff looked good for 3 months at a stretch but never really protected against much.

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- Thanks for that feedback...and if you posted about that etching previously it may well have been your experience I was recalling. I remember thinking "just like the UPP on my S8"...i.e, looks nice, but doesn`t last/protect the way I need.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder how my 10 year old bottles of z2/z5 would do if I shook them up. *peers around*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    Makes me wonder how my 10 year old bottles of z2/z5 would do if I shook them up. *peers around*
    I think mine are 12 years old, they seem to be ok. My ZFX dried up though.

Post Thanks / Like

I think mine are 12 years old, they seem to be ok. My ZFX dried up though.

Yeah.... I have a lot of stuff (ONR etc) coming up on a decade old and wondering if I should bin most of it or what. Taking up garage space and not being used ....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information