Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Metro Full Size Vac N` Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum

Hey guys,

I have a Shop Vac now and it has served me well. Nothing wrong with it other than lugging around the house. I`m enamored by the Master Blaster and being able to dry my car quickly but I can`t justify the expense for just a dryer.

Currently I use a Husky Air Gun set at about 60-80 psi. It is a ridiculously strong air gun, multiple times strong than other air guns and well worth the <$20 price. Does a good job drying the car to the point where I use 1 waffle weave towel.

I certainly wouldn`t mind freeing up some garage floor space and getting a better drying solution, but I`ve read a bunch of reviews and while the vacuum seems very good but some are underwhelmed by the drying power.

I`m looking specifically at this model Metro Full Size Vac N` Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum

So, is this worth it? Will it really dry my car substantially better than my Husky Air gun (think air gun on Barry Bonds steroids). Also note, I would segregate the hoses between drying and vacuuming.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Full Size Vac N` Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum

Hi Larry

It is well worth it, I have over 30 ft of hose which helps a lot, it hangs on the wall for storage, you can get there with the 30ft hose and take it down when needed for you vac or if you need the drying function, BTW Autogeek has 15% off....
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Hi Larry

It is well worth it, I have over 30 ft of hose which helps a lot, it hangs on the wall for storage, you can get there with the 30ft hose and take it down when needed for you vac or if you need the drying function, BTW Autogeek has 15% off....
    I haven`t used mine for drying, but I`m not al that enamored with its vacuuming ability. How do you rate yours?

Post Thanks / Like

RLM

I used my old 3.5 gallon craftsman so for me it was a huge upgrade for me
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the smaller Metro with the 4HP motor. Drying with it is slow and best for paints with the LSP in good condition. It is about the same as the Metro Master Blaster with one motor on. For example, to dry a wheel/tire you end up putting the nozzle closer to the wheel/tire but still slower.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have the eight HP and it`s amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I have the eight HP and it`s amazing.
    If the 8hp doubled as a vacuum I could justify it a little. Really expensive dryer.

Have you tried running 1 motor vs both motors to see the difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t the high-hp Metros require a lot of amps?

FWIW, I still do most of my drying with the AirWand, with the compressor`s airgun taking care of the nooks and crannies. Can`t imagine drying without having both setups.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes very pricey. The 8 HP Master Blaster can trip 15A circuit breakers (did for me and others report some issues) especially if something is sharing the circuit. No issues with a 20A circuit. The 8HP was so powerful it popped off my front hood Dodge emblem off the hood so be careful and use hearing protection since the air whistles depending on path (like around trim).

I have tried drying with one motor vs two and one is much less effective but it can mostly do the job. You should always sheet off as much water as you can the dry so paint with a good LSP (sheets a lot of water) does work. Of course, even the 4Hp can get water out where a towel does not do as well - grilles, trim, wheel area, gas door area, seams in panels, jambs, etc. You do not realize how much water is trapped in trim.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got the smaller vac & blo

It sucks...... Oh wait, it`s supposed to do that..

It works great !!!! (but never used it as blower)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mi e is also on a 20 amp circuit. It keep blowing the 15amp

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Yes very pricey. The 8 HP Master Blaster can trip 15A circuit breakers (did for me and others report some issues) especially if something is sharing the circuit. No issues with a 20A circuit. The 8HP was so powerful it popped off my front hood Dodge emblem off the hood so be careful and use hearing protection since the air whistles depending on path (like around trim).

I have tried drying with one motor vs two and one is much less effective but it can mostly do the job. You should always sheet off as much water as you can the dry so paint with a good LSP (sheets a lot of water) does work. Of course, even the 4Hp can get water out where a towel does not do as well - grilles, trim, wheel area, gas door area, seams in panels, jambs, etc. You do not realize how much water is trapped in trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

Oh I do, this Z06 has a million traps it`s amazing. Not so much concerned about nooks and crannies because the Husky is plenty powerful for that.

Mostly interesting in getting 80% to 90% off so I can hit it with one waffle weave which I`ve been doing with the little Husky Air gun

Post Thanks / Like

I think I`ll give it a shot, worst case I`ll return it

With the amount of pollen, I`ll be washing the Z more frequently and drying is a pain right now.

Washing is a piece of cake, full body XPel with Arctic Coating and dirt flies off

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, my fanboy comments about the AirWand just can`t get any traction

Bunky- That`s a good caveat about blowing (off) stuff like emblems! I have to be very careful on some of our more fragile vehicles.

Now quit mentioning that Sheeting Rinse ...bugs me that I can`t do it in my current shop.

LarryM- I bet that my use of "nooks and crannies" also includes all the areas you call "traps". Yeah, some newer `vettes would drive me nuts in this regard (as do some really boring cars I already have).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, my fanboy comments about the AirWand just can`t get any traction

Bunky- That`s a good caveat about blowing (off) stuff like emblems! I have to be very careful on some of our more fragile vehicles.

Now quit mentioning that Sheeting Rinse ...bugs me that I can`t do it in my current shop.

LarryM- I bet that my use of "nooks and crannies" also includes all the areas you call "traps". Yeah, some newer `vettes would drive me nuts in this regard (as do some really boring cars I already have).
    Watched some videos of the Vac and Blo, changed my mind, definitely not what I`m looking for. The 4hp blower is just not strong enough.

Videos of the Master Blaster I`ve watched really look like what I need. Just can`t justify that price tag

Air Wand looks interesting, looks like an inexpensive leaf blower with a special attachment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information