McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee`s 37 Road Show @ Auto Dermatology | Detailing Lamborghini Aventador LP720-4

McKee`s 37 Roadshow continues! We had the pleasure of taking over our very own Forum Pal Scott Harle`s (Sizzle Chest) shop, Auto Dermatology. The last Roadshow was a great success and alot of fun, I could not wait to meet up with the guy`s and get to work especially when I found out what we were going to detail.

2015 Lamborghini Aventador LP720-4 50 Anniversario Edition
    Serie SpecialeNumber 097 out of 100
    1 of 100 produced world wide and 1 of 42 in the USA!
    Paint: Giallo Maggio
    Interior: Q-Citura
    Wheels: Black
    550 miles

6.5 litre V12, normally aspirated , 710 HP, all-wheel drive, 0-60 in 3 seconds, top speed of 217 mph!

McKee`s 37 has arrived!

Setting up the McKee`s products to take the Lamborghini to another level.

Washing

The team started waterless washing the Lamborghini with N914 @ Waterless Wash

Ray having it his way.

Nick, cleaning and protecting the Matte finish of the Lamborghini with Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant

Matte Finish really did a excellent job on enhancing the Matte Finish on this Lamborghini.

Wheels Before.

Before.

After.

After waterless wash with N914.

Decontamination

With so many curvy and intricate areas, A synthetic clay substitute was not the best choice, The team was all given Clay Bars to ensure a smooth surface before we started polishing this monster.

Ray, Ron, and myself claying, Using N914 As Clay Lube.

Nick and Scott doing decon on the rear.

Taping/Masking

Obviously, This car has alot of Matte finish, We started taping and masking all the matte finish on the vehicle.

Ray & Myself.

The SIZZLER! Laying down some tape.

Inspection/Measuring

With the car washed and clayed, Scott and the team Inspected the paint to see what we were up against. Upon inspection It had the usual dealer wash/towel marring, Scott even found some sanding marks.

Scott measuring the paint to ensure we can safely polish and perfect the Lamborghini.

Paint Correction/Polishing Process

Scott had the honors of doing the test spot, We all agreed on using McKee`s 37 Fast Polish and a Polishing Pad for the first test.

Scott using the proper technique of priming the face of the pad so 100% of the pad is working for him!

The Sizzler Vs. Lamborghini

Scott finishing up his passes.

After Scott was done with his buffing cycle, We wiped and anxiously gazed upon the paint. If you think the color and flake on this car is insane, photos do no justice. The Fast Polish removed the damage and made this Lamborghini look flawless.

Throughout the whole day, The team and myself never got over how insane this paint color really was. With every inspection of the light after we was done polishing you would always hear one of us saying WOW!

Rays Way!

Ron getting it done!

This car had many intricate areas, This was one of the more dangerous areas to polish. Extra pre-caution had to be taken buffing around this raised vent. One wrong wrong move with the machine and you can have the polisher bump into the edge. You can see how focused I was.

Scott Liking the XFE.

Look at that flake!

McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee`s 37 Road Show @ Auto Dermatology | Detailing Lamborghini Aventador LP720-4

[QUOTE=Joe@NextLevelDetail;1484826]Continued....

Fast Polish!

[QUOTE=Joe@NextLevelDetail;1484826]Continued....

High Def Paint Sealant

Inspecting the paint before we apply the High Def Paint Sealant.

Its now time to apply to protect the perfection. With McKee`s 37 High Def Paint Sealant

The sizzler!

Ray and Ron, ensuring every inch of this Lambo is protected.

Scott applying High Def Sealant to the engine/carbon fiber.

High Def hazing, on the hood of the Lamborghini.

Interior

Nick using Fast Interior Detailer on the inside, with so many different materials/finishes, Fast Interior Detailer is the ideal product due to its versatility!

[B]Tire Dressing[/B]

Gloss Tire Gel

Sealant Wipe Off

Ron observing the paint at different eye levels to ensure all the sealant is removed.

High Def Sealant was applied to the wheels aswell, Scott removing the sealant to reveal a deep rich black protected wheel finish.

Doing the last buff before we pull her out and admire our work.

Scott ready to roll her out.

The Results

This is my favorite shot.

Thats a wrap! Shout out to the great team that took this Lamborghini to another level, It was a pleasure working with Ray, Scott, Ron, Nick. There is nothing like being around professionals who are passionate about the same thing as you are. That is what McKee`s 37 Roadshow is all about!

I want to thank Scott for inviting us to his great Shop, His hospitality is greatly appreciated. Thank`s Again Scott!
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee`s 37 Road Show @ Auto Dermatology | Detailing Lamborghini Aventador LP720-4

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe.

What a blast !!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great time and great work on the Lambo!
    Team work makes the dream work!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done by a highly talented team. Ron you must been itching to try PA Gold Zirkon on that yellow flake paint?
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle every time I see your garage set up I get so jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Well done by a highly talented team. Ron you must been itching to try PA Gold Zirkon on that yellow flake paint?
    It didn`t need it. The McKees went perfect on it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Joe/Nick: Outstanding write-up and pics!

What a fun day! It was great meeting Ray and seeing Nick, Ron and Joe again!

You guys are all more than welcome to return to Autodermatology anytime!

The McKee`s37 products are top notch and I will be readily trying some of the samples that Nick left with me on some of my future detailing sessions/surgery!

Thanks again to McKee`s37 Traveling Detail Road Show and all who made it possible.

Oh, and that Lambo didn`t turn out half bad either! LOL
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will admit that when PBMG was carrying the old DP brand prior to it all being McKee`s 37 I had a low estimation of the brand. Kind of like it was a step down from Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and Blackfire. Not anymore, the McKee`s 37 line is a well rounded excellent quality line with an owner that stands behind his products. PBMG should have enticed Bob a little more and bought the McKee`s line (and Bob`s expertise). Rolling out N-914 Rinseless showed us detailers that someone was listening out there. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

did you guys get tired of pulling ron back up whenever he had to do the lower panels?
    Likes Ronkh, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of questions about some of the equipment being used in this detail:
    1) What is the big LED light being used for the inspection?
    2) When you say polishing pad being used for the initial polish with McKee`s Fast Polish, who the manufacturer and what type of foam (or microfiber) is it?
    3) I can see a smaller type buffer machine being used, but cannot identify the maker or model. Can you inform us what it is?
    4) Who is the manufacturer of the red tape being used for protecting the edges prior to polishing that I see in the photos?
    5) Would this particular paint type and color on this Lambo have benefited from having McKee`s Trademark Carnauba Wax applied to it AFTER the Hi-Def sealer??
    I only ask because I am looking for a hi-end, affordable carnauba wax and your Trademark Carnauba DEFINTELY fits that description. I just have not seen photos of vehicles with this wax applied to them posted within this forum, and this may have been an excellent opportunity to showcase this wax.

I never thought of "matte finish" being on an ultra hi-end car as the Lambo. but now I see WHY McKee`s has developed such a product for this application. I have always equated "matt finish" as being a primer-type paint, similar to what one may use as a final paint finish on a rat-rod or"stealth" hot-rod. Thank you for this clarification!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning work as always and what a great opportunity for everyone involved!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of questions about some of the equipment being used in this detail:

1) What is the big LED light being used for the inspection? Scangrip Colour Match LED light. Awesome lights!

2) When you say polishing pad being used for the initial polish with McKee`s Fast Polish, who the manufacturer and what type of foam (or microfiber) is it? Meg`s polishing disks.

3) I can see a smaller type buffer machine being used, but cannot identify the maker or model. Can you inform us what it is? Rupes LHR12 3"

4) Who is the manufacturer of the red tape being used for protecting the edges prior to polishing that I see in the photos? CarPro

5) Would this particular paint type and color on this Lambo have benefited from having McKee`s Trademark Carnauba Wax applied to it AFTER the Hi-Def sealer?? I`m not sure on this...the Hi Def sealant really made the flake/pearl/depth/shine pop on this paint.

Hope this answers your questions!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Ronkh, Lonnie liked this post

Thread Information